I am Enjoying Watching Reading...

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MeMeMe

I am Enjoying Watching Reading...

by MeMeMe » 15 Aug 2009 23:04

.... this season in the Premiership....Doyle, hunt, Shorey, Sidwell, Sonko, Kitson... possibly Bikey. Gives me an interest in most games on MOD. Brilliant !.... next season I can watch even more no doubt and it will also save the cost of a season ticket !. What more can I ask for..... Apart from some serious investment in the team I have held a season ticket at for 14 years to motivate me to invest in a season ticket again... perhaps :roll:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I am Enjoying Watching Reading...

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 23:15

Doyle didn't play today, nor did Sonko.

Your support shouldn't be all about investment and new expensive signings. You say you've been about for over 14 years, so you remember the lower leagues and the low thousand attendances. You seem to have forgotton what support means though.

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 15 Aug 2009 23:29

You miss the point, Doyle etc didn't play today but they will. I know all about support, I recall the passion on the terraces as we beat Wolves 4-2 in that cup game, in those days it was all about football, wearing your heart on your sleeve for the team. Nowdays it's all about money and plastic supporters.
Brenda talks about a 3 season build after today, there's a message for us there... In Management there is something called 'Adjourning', when your team is built and performs exactly how you want, after time it will disband and you need to start 'forming' again. This is where Reading are now, however 'forming' can be avoided if you invest in skills and knowledge.... they have obviously chosen to start over and avoid investment.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 23:48

But we have invested in skills and knowledge. Products of youth players are there for all to see. The club and pundits are raving about our academy. Also, how have we avoided investment? What the hell do you call £2m on one player? And we're still very much in for Tommy Smith, and that'll take at least £1.5m. You sir just sound like a spoiled little brat that has gotten too used to a good thing. It's a new era, it's all change. You're support should not wain because of that!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 16 Aug 2009 05:39

who has stolen Deathys log in??

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 16 Aug 2009 07:53

Jay, are you alright? You sound like Ian Royal.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 13:51

Wizard Jay, are you alright? You sound like Ian Royal.

:shock:

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 16 Aug 2009 14:11

Deathy Doyle didn't play today, nor did Sonko.

Your support shouldn't be all about investment and new expensive signings. You say you've been about for over 14 years, so you remember the lower leagues and the low thousand attendances. You seem to have forgotton what support means though.

I agree

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2009 14:12

Deathy But we have invested in skills and knowledge. Products of youth players are there for all to see. The club and pundits are raving about our academy. Also, how have we avoided investment? What the hell do you call £2m on one player? And we're still very much in for Tommy Smith, and that'll take at least £1.5m. You sir just sound like a spoiled little brat that has gotten too used to a good thing. It's a new era, it's all change. You're support should not wain because of that!

Huh? I can't keep up with this schizo!!

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 14:39

Royal Rother
Deathy But we have invested in skills and knowledge. Products of youth players are there for all to see. The club and pundits are raving about our academy. Also, how have we avoided investment? What the hell do you call £2m on one player? And we're still very much in for Tommy Smith, and that'll take at least £1.5m. You sir just sound like a spoiled little brat that has gotten too used to a good thing. It's a new era, it's all change. You're support should not wain because of that!

Huh? I can't keep up with this schizo!!

Because I'm complaining about Rosenior? I grumble about Kebe and Long a lot, mind. If you read my posts you'll know I'm more than happy having 1-2 seasons of midtable football with the kids getting a chance and watching them improve. So I'm not too sure why you can't keep up, old man? :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Aug 2009 15:32

Must be our age RR - as I'm completely lost too now. He moans about Madejski being a skin flint, then he says how we're spending money, he moans about the players, now we have to give them 3 years to bed in. He wants to drop Rosenior, then there's no-one to replace hin with, then there's Bertrand, but he's not as good. I need a lie down. :|

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 15:58

Royal Lady Must be our age RR - as I'm completely lost too now. He moans about Madejski being a skin flint, then he says how we're spending money, he moans about the players, now we have to give them 3 years to bed in. He wants to drop Rosenior, then there's no-one to replace hin with, then there's Bertrand, but he's not as good. I need a lie down. :|

Moans about Madejski not spending enough:
Yes, and rightly so for the last 3 seasons. But fair fuks to him this summer, splashing £2m on one player is a superb show of commitment.

He moans about the players: Long and Kebe a lot, yes. They're fuking terrible. Rosenior I've had a rant about and it seems many agree, and many don't. He's far too inconsistant. He gives the ball away all the time, or hoofs - same thing usually. Often caught out of possesion also. Shrugs shoulders when it goes wrong.

He wants to drop Rosenior, no ones to replace him with, then Bertrand: We don't have anyone other than Kelly who is a right back, do we? But we could put players out of possession, perhaps. So why not Bertrand at right back and Armstrong at left back? It's a punt. It might be an improvement, it might not. We're not exactly flush with options at the back, love!

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 16 Aug 2009 16:12

MeMeMe .... this season in the Premiership....Doyle, hunt, Shorey, Sidwell, Sonko, Kitson... possibly Bikey. Gives me an interest in most games on MOD. Brilliant !.... next season I can watch even more no doubt and it will also save the cost of a season ticket !. What more can I ask for..... Apart from some serious investment in the team I have held a season ticket at for 14 years to motivate me to invest in a season ticket again... perhaps :roll:

Shorey had a shocker yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A55815816

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Aug 2009 17:03

Deathy
Royal Lady Must be our age RR - as I'm completely lost too now. He moans about Madejski being a skin flint, then he says how we're spending money, he moans about the players, now we have to give them 3 years to bed in. He wants to drop Rosenior, then there's no-one to replace hin with, then there's Bertrand, but he's not as good. I need a lie down. :|

Moans about Madejski not spending enough:
Yes, and rightly so for the last 3 seasons. But fair fuks to him this summer, splashing £2m on one player is a superb show of commitment.
He moans about the players: Long and Kebe a lot, yes. They're fuking terrible. Rosenior I've had a rant about and it seems many agree, and many don't. He's far too inconsistant. He gives the ball away all the time, or hoofs - same thing usually. Often caught out of possesion also. Shrugs shoulders when it goes wrong.

He wants to drop Rosenior, no ones to replace him with, then Bertrand: We don't have anyone other than Kelly who is a right back, do we? But we could put players out of possession, perhaps. So why not Bertrand at right back and Armstrong at left back? It's a punt. It might be an improvement, it might not. We're not exactly flush with options at the back, love!

Not if you've got £12million in in transfer fees it isn't :roll:

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 16 Aug 2009 17:29

Deathy, you must be about 12 years old :roll: . Never waning support is a really good thing in certain circumstances, i.e good old days at Elm Park when the team fought for every result, the fans gave their full support, prices were affordable for the majority.

Now the situation has changed, can you see that ?. Support is just that.... support.... when you feel you are in a stadium with plastic 12 year old 'fans' and club is charging ludicrous amounts to park your car, etc etc.... it's not support anymore !. Can you guess what it is yet ??? :roll:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 17:54

MeMeMe Deathy, you must be about 12 years old :roll: . Never waning support is a really good thing in certain circumstances, i.e good old days at Elm Park when the team fought for every result, the fans gave their full support, prices were affordable for the majority.

Now the situation has changed, can you see that ?. Support is just that.... support.... when you feel you are in a stadium with plastic 12 year old 'fans' and club is charging ludicrous amounts to park your car, etc etc.... it's not support anymore !. Can you guess what it is yet ??? :roll:

I feel the same about the whole match day experience. It's shit now. And today football is all about money, and as a 'fan' I don't feel any sense of belonging to the club as a result, or football in fact. I'd go as far as saying I don't actually like what the game has become now. I support Reading and still go and watch them purely because I have for almost 20 years, and they're part of me, even if I don't feel I'm not part of them these days. It feels as if the club has outgrown the fans sometimes. If you could give me a 25,000 capacity Elm Park and Championship football, I'd swap tomorrow. But don't kid yourself, without the plastic stadium and the whole family thing, we wouldn't have as many bums on seats and we wouldn't be able to attract the players we do now. We can't have everything.

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1