Re: Swansea V Reading Official Match Thread

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Aug 2009 22:04

Brendan Rodgers - blood on your hands.

Murderer of our club

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 18 Aug 2009 22:05

SouthDownsRoyal Brendan Rodgers - blood on your hands.

Murderer of our club

Quick, there's still time to delete this before anyone reads it... oh.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 18 Aug 2009 22:06

Murderer of our club

Yeah, because he wants to sell our best players!! :roll:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Aug 2009 22:06

prostak

Murderer of our club

LOL-Deluded people there are on here-we WILL go down with this side, playing this football.

All this "give him time" and "yawn" etc is rubbish.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 18 Aug 2009 22:06

Well, maybe it’s just me, but I enjoyed that.

I get a bit bored of winning all the time. If it’s Christmas every day, it’s no fun anymore. I felt more involved tonight – every time the Swans attacked it mattered. I have faith. I love this club. I chose to support my local team, not because they were the best, but because they were mine – and bad times will make the good times feel all the better.

Viva Reading! Viva the underdog, the outsider. Viva football!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Aug 2009 22:07

Armadillo Roadkill Well, maybe it’s just me, but I enjoyed that.

I get a bit bored of winning all the time. If it’s Christmas every day, it’s no fun anymore. I felt more involved tonight – every time the Swans attacked it mattered. I have faith. I love this club. I chose to support my local team, not because they were the best, but because they were mine – and bad times will make the good times feel all the better.

Viva whatever

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 18 Aug 2009 22:08

Armadillo Roadkill Well, maybe it’s just me, but I enjoyed that.

now put that bottle down and try again, be sensible this time

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 18 Aug 2009 22:08

SouthDownsRoyal
prostak

Murderer of our club

LOL-Deluded people there are on here-we WILL go down with this side, playing this football.

How will we you shitbag? That is a couple of impressive clean sheets. We just need a cutting edge, and it'll come. We wont win any leagues or play-offs this season, I'm sure, but this will e a decent side eventrully.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Aug 2009 22:09

sandman
Woodcote Royal Poor but, yet again!! a better result than Coppell and his favorites managed last season after nearly 5 years in charge.

I really think Church should be rested on Saturday and I'd like Tim Dellor (how Mick Gooding resists the temptation to smack him in the mouth I don't know :| ) to baby sit so that I don't have to listen to his ill informed sh*te.

Ill informed sh*te. That reminds me of someone.

I thought you didn't wish to have a dialog with me.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Aug 2009 22:09

Going to be very interested to hear the reports of those who went, the radi only gives you so much.

Also while on topic of the Radio, Tim Dellor isn't my cup of tea to be honest but his view is hardly 'ill informed' is it, he's at every single match commenting on what he sees not what he wants to hear.

I am starting to wonder if simon church is going to go down as one of the worst forwards to play for Reading in recent times, I am yet to see him do anything in a game, i couldn't tell you one out and out strength of his, his record at lower league clubs is dire, and it sounded as though he was shocking tonight. Again interested to hear the views of those who went.

The only, actually there are two positives, one we didn't lose and the other Federici. I will say right now that thus far I've not been his biggest fan but credit where creidt is due he sounded outstanding today and obviously the penalty save has saved the point.

But the big issue is still the same one that was here last season and is now here again this, we don't look like scoring and have next to no attacking talent, howeve rthe managers likes to gloss it over.

The young players in the middle look good (Pearce Karacan Davies) but the ones out wide and the ones up front are really struggling. Extremely lucky to get 0 again. There is not another club on the planet that would lose arguably their 3 main forwards and sign NO replacement at all.

3 months Brendan, SIGN SOME SODDING FORWARDS.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 18 Aug 2009 22:10

LOL at anyone who will tear up their season ticket if we get relegated.

A goal would be nice, and they will come.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 18 Aug 2009 22:11

Alan Partridge Going to be very interested to hear the reports of those who went, the radi only gives you so much.

Also while on topic of the Radio, Tim Dellor isn't my cup of tea to be honest but his view is hardly 'ill informed' is it, he's at every single match commenting on what he sees not what he wants to hear.

I am starting to wonder if simon church is going to go down as one of the worst forwards to play for Reading in recent times, I am yet to see him do anything in a game, i couldn't tell you one out and out strength of his, his record at lower league clubs is dire, and it sounded as though he was shocking tonight. Again interested to hear the views of those who went.

The only, actually there are two positives, one we didn't lose and the other Federici. I will say right now that thus far I've not been his biggest fan but credit where creidt is due he sounded outstanding today and obviously the penalty save has saved the point.

But the big issue is still the same one that was here last season and is now here again this, we don't look like scoring and have next to no attacking talent, howeve rthe managers likes to gloss it over.

The young players in the middle look good (Pearce Karacan Davies) but the ones out wide and the ones up front are really struggling. Extremely lucky to get 0 again. There is not another club on the planet that would lose arguably their 3 main forwards and sign NO replacement at all.

Have to agree with all of that. Good post kuntchops.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 18 Aug 2009 22:11

SouthDownsRoyal
prostak

Murderer of our club

If you're that keen on instant success, go support Skonto Riga or Celtic, or some other team from one of those joke one-team leagues where the actual playing of fixtures is a formality to confirm what everyone already knows. I thought I'd read some hysterical nonsense on here, but 'murderer' is about the most lol-some.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Aug 2009 22:11

I know it's frustrating, but he says he trying to get one in every interview I read of his.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Aug 2009 22:12

Ill informed sh*te. That reminds me of someone.[/quote]

I thought you didn't wish to have a dialog with me.[/quote]

Days go by and you still don't realise I was Joking.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 18 Aug 2009 22:13

Alan Partridge Going to be very interested to hear the reports of those who went, the radi only gives you so much.

Thing is though AP what service is Church getting? Buggar all. He's had no chances to put away either. We are not creating full-stop.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Aug 2009 22:19

PEARCEY

Thing is though AP what service is Church getting? Buggar all. He's had no chances to put away either. We are not creating full-stop.

I didn't want to solely pick on Church because that makes it sound as if it's all his fault. I just don't know what his strengths are? Someone please inform me. I've seen a handful of his games first team and reserve and in none of them have i seen anything to make me go 'wow'. I don't even think his work rate is as good as our others so he doesn't even scrub up in that area. So far Pearce, Karacan and Davies have shown something/ lots of things to suggest they will be good enough. Henry - jury out, RObson Kanu nothing so far and CHurch nothing so far. Long again for me jury is out. We have to sign Smith or someone who can play wide and contribute and we have to sign a proven forward who can get goals in this league and partner him ideally with N hunt or if not Long.

Really tough game with sheffield United saturday, we should have been on a more even playing field with Swansea, and Federici aside again it sounded a sthough we were seriously second best. I know it's still very early days but it is worrying all the same.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 18 Aug 2009 22:24

I remember the Forest Green friendly in pre-season 2008/09 and Church was invisible. Since then I watched him for Wales in the Under 21's playing opposite the likes of Mancienne and he looked sharp and composed. Against Burnley in last seasons play-off he showed willing and held the ball up well. Admittedly its not much to go on but without the service its asking a lot for him to show what he can do.
The whole formation and tactics are just not right. We got a lucky point tonight. Against the Swansea side of six months ago we would have been well-beaten.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 18 Aug 2009 22:25

I'm just not going to comment on the game. I have nothing positive to say at all.

Agree completely with AP.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 18 Aug 2009 22:30

Won't concede enough to go down :?

Won't score enough to go anywhere

Will get raped by Sheffield Utd *spits*

442 posts