Fans turn on Madejski

frimmers

Re: Fans turn on Madejski

by frimmers » 22 Aug 2009 19:53

FiNeRaIn Id actually welcome a good derby with the shots, I remember getting bricks thrown at us by that lovely bunch in a pre-season friendly after we lost to walsall in the playoff final. Good times.

16k at todays game- how the mighty have fallen.

i think most of those are behind bars now but 'tis difficult to legislate with regard to cretins. aldershot unfortunately have over the years attracted some nasty folk from the ash/tongham north town enclaves and old habits die hard.

in all seriousness,the 'shots stand as much chance of promotion as reading do of relegation so that derby remains on the distant horizon....apart from the fact that a top three slot would be enough for the 'shots rather than the one +play off winner system that allows clubs to enter the league proper structure...

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 23 Aug 2009 00:14

SHORT AND CURLY
Royal Rebel Won't it be enjoyable watching "Rich Man.Poor Man" on Tueday night ? (BBC2 I believe).

More like "Rich Man,Richer Man"

Clearly he's lost interest in RFC.He's got bigger fish to fry these days what withthese big property investment schemes.I suspect that that is where a huge chunk of the money has gone.......

Unfortunately for me I shall have to miss Mr Ego as I (for whatever reason) trudge back down to the Mad Stad for further punishment.
I am meant to be going to the away game at Barnsley as well.
I think I need therapy!

I'll be at the Stad too. It's repeated at Midnight and there's a part two which I guess will b the following Tues night.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Aug 2009 08:06

You have to invest to accumulate

In the last 3 years this club has done naff all investment on the playing side

As a result we lost our hard won place in the Premiership.

While some of that could be an inept management decisions at the time I am finding it hard to believe that this is the case time after time after time

Now all the assets have more or less gone and we're left with the kids and, talented though they are, they are not going to be the answer without investment in some experience.

The club have really stiched the supporters up this summer with their penny pinching and complete non investment.

And yes let's panic and ring the alarm bells now rather than at xmas when were 10 points adrift of safety.

So JM, back your manager and go and get who he wants (presuming those player she wants haven't already been signed elsewhere) and stop fart arsing about as with the Tommy Smith saga.

true blue 4 ever

Asset stripping

by true blue 4 ever » 23 Aug 2009 08:39

Why are we now in a so called "transition period "? We had made the transition to the prem..and with just a little more investment we would still be there. We would never have been a Man U or Chelsea..but not many of us would have wanted the club to spend,spend,spend and put the club into financial problems. However JM clearly has other ideas. He has continually over the last few years, told us how we must "cut the cloth". Yes he took us to where we are now...along the way we have become his PR machine and he loves it. Now his interest has turned to his new project, i.e. Reading Stations new development ( no doubt to be renamed Madejski station ). So our football club is being stripped of it's assets to finance this IMO. He takes BR..6 months experience at management...what does that tell you.?..he was cheap. We sell all the high earners and play the kids...what does that tell you?...they are cheap. I don't think we can blame BR or the kids...effort to achieve is clearly there. However, neither has enough experience and results are showing that. It's not there fault...JM you've lost interest in us so please GO before we sink even further. If you really wanted to sell you would have done when we were in the Prem...but without us at the moment...what will get your face and name on tv?

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 23 Aug 2009 08:51

Well Boys glad to see you are supporting SDR. Keep it going. The Madman has sold the crown jewells, taken away from half time drinks for stewards , reduced their hourly rate. I've even seen cups and saucers from the Madhouse at local car boot sales.

What is left is a bunch of kids and bringing even one or two players isn't going to help a lot.

The Madman is a complete joke with his stupid wig. He talks b******s and no doubt will spout even more on his ego trip on BBC 4. I hope they make him look the bloody fool that he is today. He may have saved Reading FC a few years back but he has ruined in today. I wonder if they show how he has scammed the fans, grabbed the dosh. Time to **** off.

You know it makes senseeeeeeeeee

Thames

by Thames » 23 Aug 2009 09:04

Madejski needs to go. Let's continue the abuse

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 23 Aug 2009 09:21

I think a strongly worded letter to Berkshire Life magazine is in order. Heads must roll.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 23 Aug 2009 09:43

His time is up.

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 23 Aug 2009 10:57

FiNeRaIn wrote:
120 million in according to Mick gooding, 10 million spent on the team- says it all. Fvck off michael knighton and get a new regime in.

Got your figures wrong they said £5m In wages saved by getting rid of the high wage players ie Hunt doyle.
And with the transfer money come in this season they reckon its £25m saved so far and only £2m for mills,they also said why hasn't the Tommy Smith transfer wrapped up ages ago with this money.

Tim and Mick are right the club have got a 2- 3 year plan, its going to be to late in 2 years time we could be in div1.
And why ho why have we left it till the end of the transfer window to get players in the season starts in Bloody August get them in early so that you can give them time to get used to BR new2 regime what a waste of time.

mad79

by mad79 » 23 Aug 2009 11:11

Do you remember after the playoff final in the mid 90s. After the final it was a bring and buy sell with shaka, Williams, Taylor, Osborn all going and not replaced. It took a decade for the club to have another chance of the top flight. The mad man wants to go cheep again. Club for sale ? No chance he is a figure in the world with the club.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 23 Aug 2009 11:38

mad79 Do you remember after the playoff final in the mid 90s. After the final it was a bring and buy sell with shaka, Williams, Taylor, Osborn all going and not replaced. It took a decade for the club to have another chance of the top flight. The mad man wants to go cheep again. Club for sale ? No chance he is a figure in the world with the club.

A small bit of rewriting of history there.
We couldn't keep hold of those players and over the next few years Madejski spent £200,000 a month keeping the club going, also spending huge sums on Asaba, Caskey, then backed Burns, and after a clearout, Pardwe with signings that the attendance didn't merit.

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 23 Aug 2009 11:43

Well something needs to be done. Even if the transition works and R.F.C. go up in another two or three years, it'll be back to where we've just been to. Promotion to the Premier League will mean just the same with J.M. crying poor again, except perhaps with another group of over performing players involved and the new incoming manager saying it's been another 5 year cycle and we need to build all over again.
As far as I see it, is it possible for Reading to sustain Premiership status under J.M. or should everyone be happy with Championship or Div 1?
I'd love to think RFC could sustain top flight status.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Aug 2009 11:45

The basic point that the spine of the 95/95 playoff team was sold off and not adequately replaced still holds true, however.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Aug 2009 11:55

Platypuss The basic point that the spine of the 95/95 playoff team was sold off and not adequately replaced still holds true, however.

And it still hurts,especially Osborn going to QPR and Meaker coming to us.

pwb

by pwb » 23 Aug 2009 11:57

The 120 mil was mentioned as over the last 3 years...
You should try and listen to the whole pre match and post match programs...

fozziebear FiNeRaIn wrote:
120 million in according to Mick gooding, 10 million spent on the team- says it all. Fvck off michael knighton and get a new regime in.

Got your figures wrong they said £5m In wages saved by getting rid of the high wage players ie Hunt doyle.
And with the transfer money come in this season they reckon its £25m saved so far and only £2m for mills,they also said why hasn't the Tommy Smith transfer wrapped up ages ago with this money.

Tim and Mick are right the club have got a 2- 3 year plan, its going to be to late in 2 years time we could be in div1.
And why ho why have we left it till the end of the transfer window to get players in the season starts in Bloody August get them in early so that you can give them time to get used to BR new2 regime what a waste of time.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 Aug 2009 12:02

Probably the same old same old "the right players weren't available"

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 23 Aug 2009 12:37

I am absolutely fuming. The reason why is that we were one finisher away from getting a result in yesterdays match, and low and behold look who scores for Watford yesterday. The whole Tommy Smith debacle is an absolute joke and until we get a striker that can score a oxf*rd goal the rot will continue. Cannot fault the players or even Rodgers at this point, as they can only play with what they are given with. Pull your oxf*rd finger out Madejski or you will find the fans leaving in their thousands and the team in League 1.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Aug 2009 12:57

Platypuss The basic point that the spine of the 95/95 playoff team was sold off and not adequately replaced still holds true, however.

back then though we were a poorly supported team by the standards of the division, playing in a ground which brought in less income per supporter than most. We genuinely couldn't afford to keep or replace those that left.