STAR AGM on Thursday

208 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: STAR AGM on Thursday

by leon » 23 Aug 2009 00:52

Royalee
Terminal Boardom And if you see Royalee, say hi from me. You will be able to spot him a mile away as he will be grovelling at BR's feet.

Ha

f*cking

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Aug 2009 00:53

Royalee
Terminal Boardom And if you see Royalee, say hi from me. You will be able to spot him a mile away as he will be grovelling at BR's feet.

Ha

cock

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Aug 2009 07:58

LOL at those thinking the club are going to reveal what's happening financially behing the scenes. BR and NH are just the messenger boys in that respect - you need the man himself to be there (and even then you'd probably get ambiguous non-commital answers, just like interviewing any good MP)

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Aug 2009 12:33

Thanks to the dedication of those who write up the minutes of these meetings, I've not felt the need to attend for some time.

On this occasion, however, I will make an extra special effort to be as far away from the Mad Stad on Thursday night as is possible.

Having to share a stadium with thousands of idiots who have such a limited understanding of the game that they couldn't even begin to appreciate the young talent on view yesterday is one thing but...................... do I need to spend an evening with these brain dead morons? No thanks.

Do I need to spend an evening with the type of idiots who only break off from hurling pathetic insults at the traveling supporters to their left to ask the Chairman "Where's the money gone?" when it took nearly two decades of heavy investment to be to produce the highly talented bunch of youngsters in yesterday's line up?

Do I need to spend an evening with those who think the sun shines out of Steve Coppell's back side, and would have him back to borrow, even though his expensive bunch of under achieving favorites lost at home to Forest and Sheff U last season and away to Swansea :|

Do I need to spend an evening with large sections of the East Stand who never cease expressing their decication to this club whilst deriding supporters from other stands yet, whenever results don't go our way they either, fcuk off long before the final whilstle or, stick around merely to boo the team off the field?

Despite the results (and they will come very shortly) watching this campaign has been a sheer joy compared to the "Coppell Dross" I endured for the last 2 seasons until I could suffer no more.

Wear a tin hat, Brendan, smile politely at the idiots in front of view and carry on with the great job you are doing for this club first thing in the morning.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 23 Aug 2009 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Aug 2009 12:35

leon
Royalee

Ha

cock

Tis you who is the cock, hth.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Aug 2009 12:36

Woodcote Royal Thanks to the dedication of those who write up the minutes of these meetings, I've not felt the need to attend for some time.

On this occasion, however, I will make an extra special effort to be as far away from the Mad Stad on Thursday night as is possible.

Having to share a stadium with thousands of idiots who have such a limited understanding of the game that they couldn't even begin to appreciate the young talent on view yesterday is one thing but...................... do I need to spend an evening with these brain dead morons? No thanks.

Do I need to spend an evening with the type of idiots who only break off from hurling pathetic insults at the traveling supporters to their left to ask the Chairman "Where's the money gone?" when it took nearly two decades of heavy investment to be to produce the highly talented bunch of youngsters in yesterday's line up?

Do I need to spend an evening with those who think the sun shines out of Steve Coppell's back side, and would have him back to borrow, even though his expensive bunch of under achieving favorites lost at home to Forest and Sheff U last season and away to Swansea :|

Do I need to spend an evening with large sections of the East Stand who never cease expressing their decication to this club whilst deriding supporters from other stands yet, whenever results don't go our way they either, fcuk off long before the final whilstle or, stick around merely to boo the team off the field?

Despite the results (and they will come very shortly) watching this campaign has been a sheer joy compared to the "Coppell Dross" I endured for the last 2 seasons until I could suffer no more.

Wear a tin hat, Brendan, smile politely at the idiots in front of view and carry on with the great job you are doing for this club first thing in the morning.

Well said that man.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Aug 2009 12:47

Woodcote Royal Do I need to spend an evening with large sections of the East Stand who fcuk off long before the final whilstle or, stick around merely to boo the team off the field?

Hold on, wasn't it you who drove to a home game last season and sat in your car in the car park until the team came through on the radio before deciding whether you were actually going to venture into the ground that afternoon?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Aug 2009 12:54

floyd__streete
Woodcote Royal Do I need to spend an evening with large sections of the East Stand who fcuk off long before the final whilstle or, stick around merely to boo the team off the field?

Hold on, wasn't it you who drove to a home game last season and sat in your car in the car park until the team came through on the radio before deciding whether you were actually going to venture into the ground that afternoon?

And wouldn't go to a number of home games despite having a season ticket, preferring to sulk in a corner like a small child, that's support for you - real through thick and thin stuff.

He's also the clown who hounded Coppell out of the club as his record of 1st in Championship (106 points), 8th in the prem, 18th in the Prem, 4th in the Championship was considered, by him, to be unacceptable.

Meanwhile, he lauds his manager of choice for his impressive 0.5 points and 0.25 goals per game record. I would love to see Rodgers better Coppell's record but I reckon it's about a 500/1 shot.

As i've said before, out there somewhere, there will be an idiot forest fan who things Clough was rubbish and a brain dead Man Utd fan who wants Ferguson out. Every club has one.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 Aug 2009 13:07

Schards#2
floyd__streete

And wouldn't go to a number of home games despite having a season ticket, preferring to sulk in a corner like a small child, that's support for you - real through thick and thin stuff.

He's also the clown who hounded Coppell out of the club as his record of 1st in Championship (106 points), 8th in the prem, 18th in the Prem, 4th in the Championship was considered, by him, to be unacceptable.

Meanwhile, he lauds his manager of choice for his impressive 0.5 points and 0.25 goals per game record. I would love to see Rodgers better Coppell's record but I reckon it's about a 500/1 shot.

As i've said before, out there somewhere, there will be an idiot forest fan who things Clough was rubbish and a brain dead Man Utd fan who wants Ferguson out. Every club has one.

Post and murking of the month! :lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Aug 2009 13:18

floyd__streete

Yes it was.

A few days earlier I'd watched a number of the young players on view yesterday being given a rare chance to impress by Steve Coppell in the league cup.

They stuffed Luton 5-1.

I was already pig sick of Coppell playing his favorites regardless of performance; only buying cover for these favorites until they left the club and refusing to put youngsters in his team.

He gracefully decided play Pearce and Karacan in the next league match and I attended as a result.

Needless to say, he eventually found an excuse to drop Karacan whilst sending most of the others out on loan so that his favorites could bomb for the second season running and my seat was empty for the last 2 months of the season.

Now, those same youngsters, after just 4 league games, are not only producing similar results on the pitch, they are also playing attractive football and I'm back in my seat whenever work fails to intervene.

Would I ever boo the team I support? No

HTH

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Aug 2009 13:26

They may be producing some nice passing but as yet I have not seen any indication that Coppell was wrong to not play the youngsters en masse last season.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Aug 2009 13:28

sandman They may be producing some nice passing but as yet I have not seen any indication that Coppell was wrong not to play the youngsters en masse last season.

There's a difference between playing youngsters 'en masse' and giving them opportunities. For example, Siggursson and Karacan looked better in midfield yesterday than we did at any point in the last 2 months of last season.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Aug 2009 13:28

Schards.

Thanks for providing a prime example of the sheer ignorance of the game that infests the stand in which you reside.

If only you could claim the naivety of youth, as is the case for many.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Aug 2009 13:31

Chaney wheres the money gone?..if you think you will get an honest answer then Im afraid you are sadly dissiliusioned
Sometimes you can read between the lines and the non answers.... also you can gauge for yourself whether the person is being open and honest or not.

Perhaps we could hire a body language expert to tell us when they're being truthfull. It will need a few control questions though, something we know they will lie about and something we know they will be truthfull about. If JM is there (very unlikely), I suggest "Is that a wig" and "Are you worth a few bob"

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 23 Aug 2009 13:37

Forbury Lion
Chaney wheres the money gone?..if you think you will get an honest answer then Im afraid you are sadly dissiliusioned
Sometimes you can read between the lines and the non answers.... also you can gauge for yourself whether the person is being open and honest or not.

Perhaps we could hire a body language expert to tell us when they're being truthfull. It will need a few control questions though, something we know they will lie about and something we know they will be truthfull about. If JM is there (very unlikely), I suggest "Is that a wig" and "Are you worth a few bob"

"Are you shagging Cilla Black?"

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Aug 2009 13:39

winchester_royal
sandman They may be producing some nice passing but as yet I have not seen any indication that Coppell was wrong not to play the youngsters en masse last season.

There's a difference between playing youngsters 'en masse' and giving them opportunities. For example, Siggursson and Karacan looked better in midfield yesterday than we did at any point in the last 2 months of last season.

Of course they deserve opportunities but to introduce all these players at the same time is ridiculous you introduce them gradually as happened last year with Karacan and Pearce. I would also argue that siggurdsson wouldn't have made such an impact yesterday if he hadn't been sent on loan to Crewe by Coppell.

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 23 Aug 2009 14:00

Back on topic I want to know how STAR are representing the majority of fans views and demading answers from the club about the lack of investment in the team?

My view is that they are so far in the pockets of the chairman and the club that dont dare ask the questions that matter. The club see them as toothless as our first team and the only thing they seem to 'protest' about is the price of a programme and a beer. A REAL supporters club would have hammonds balls on a block by now and have a statement out to all members about whats going on.

Dont worry STAR you all pat yourselves on the back at your AGM and remind yourself what a great job you are all doing. After all the price of a programme is still under a fiver.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2009 14:04

Woodcote Royal Schards.

Thanks for providing a prime example of the sheer ignorance of the game that infests the stand in which you reside.

If only you could claim the naivety of youth, as is the case for many.

Ignorance of the game? How exactly does his post show that.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Aug 2009 14:07

Because he says how a sensible fan would never in a million years call for Sir Alex's head, yet in his next sentence slags Rodgers off after 4 games as many idiotic Man Utd fans did during Fergie's tough first season. You like your irony do you and Schards, it's fun laughing at you.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2009 14:10

Royalee Because he says how a sensible fan would never in a million years call for Sir Alex's head, yet in his next sentence slags Rodgers off after 4 games as many idiotic Man Utd fans did during Fergie's tough first season. You like your irony do you and Schards, it's fun laughing at you.

Ummm. Read Schards' post again. I think you are slightly incorrect.

208 posts