Re: How many games has Rogers got left?

by Basingstoke Royal » 16 Sep 2009 23:35

At least 150 you knob

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Sep 2009 23:44

winchester_royal
Thames All we need is a change of tactics.

The current tactics will work if we sign the likes of Kaka but Madejski could by a solid gold statue of a giant octopus for that.

YOU CANNOT PLAY WORLD CLASS FOOTBALL WITH AVERAGE PLAYERS. JUST HOOF IT!

I SUGGEST YOU GO AND WATCH NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL THEN. THIS CLUB WANTS TO PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL, AND THANK GOD FOR THAT.

It's all well and good playing nice passing football when you've got Xavi and Iniesta but it doesn't really work the same way when it's Howard and Karacan.

They were down to ten men tonight and we weren't stretching them at all just the same slow tempo in our own half which allowed them to get enough players back even when we did get into their half.

Wongle

by Wongle » 16 Sep 2009 23:54

If breathing were not an involuntary action many of the people posting on here would not be with us. This is completely ridiculous, we are not the team we were last year or before, we are steadily creating a team from nothing which is playing a completely different style of football. If you don't like it go back to playing yourself at Championship Manager. I'm sure your significant other doesn't post on forums about how inept you are, she probably encourages you to make more of your life than post mindless drivel on here, so take their advice stop moaning about something you have no bearing on, and support what we have currently got.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Sep 2009 23:56

At least another 8 absolute minimum.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Sep 2009 00:28

winchester_royal Rodgers had the rug taken from under him on that fateful deadline day. We had a team buiding nicely, but now we've had to start from scratch. If we're lower than 20th by December then we should look at other alternatives, but until then............

PATIENCE HAS ALWAYS BEEN KEY. ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY. GARIBALDI TOOK 30 YEARS TO UNITE ITALY. WE ARE STEADILY GETTING BETTER. BRING ON 'BORO.

Pretty much agree that it should be looked at in December although I'd say if we are bottom 6/7 he should go..

clauski

by clauski » 17 Sep 2009 00:35

Wongle If breathing were not an involuntary action many of the people posting on here would not be with us. This is completely ridiculous, we are not the team we were last year or before, we are steadily creating a team from nothing which is playing a completely different style of football. If you don't like it go back to playing yourself at Championship Manager. I'm sure your significant other doesn't post on forums about how inept you are, she probably encourages you to make more of your life than post mindless drivel on here, so take their advice stop moaning about something you have no bearing on, and support what we have currently got.

The only thing worse than moaning is moaning about people moaning. That just makes you a moaning hypocrite.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 17 Sep 2009 02:55

Get rid of him NOW. Bring Parky in before it's too late!

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 17 Sep 2009 06:09

Geekins :lol: You guys are a joke asking him to leave after a few games. Last year i bet you were all the ones moaning about Coppell too. I supported Coppell and i support Rodgers. We won't be relegated and we will get it sorted sooner rather than later. Now all of you against Rodgers, fuck off :roll:

At least we'd have the possibility of some goals in a Coppell team. True its not panic stations yet but the league table will quickly take shape in the next few weeks and a continued run of bad form cant be hidden or excused forever,just ask Terry Bullivant.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Sep 2009 06:48

Have to say my view has now slightly changed. I'm 100% convinced that this team has potential and will improve drastically given time, to the extent that they can be serious promotion contenders in a couple of years. However that's no good if right now in the short term we send ourselves down to league 1. It's good to look towards the future, but the present must come first. 2 games though? Get out. Until Christmas to show signs that we're not relegation material. That's enough to me for now.

Corky341

by Corky341 » 17 Sep 2009 08:05

Geekins How many games til the end of his 3 year deal and beyond? :roll: Fickle fans fuck off

Here, here. BR is building a team. A new team and a team that will, in time, go places. Have no fear, within 4 seasons we're be in one of the lessser Euro competitions.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Sep 2009 08:19

Corky341
Geekins How many games til the end of his 3 year deal and beyond? :roll: Fickle fans fuck off

Here, here. BR is building a team. A new team and a team that will, in time, go places. Have no fear, within 4 seasons we're be in one of the lessser Euro competitions.

Maybe I bit optimistic. Like I said, I have no doubt over this team's ability to improve and be a force in the future. If we give it too long we could well find us looking down the barrel of League 1 this season though.

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 17 Sep 2009 08:26

Looks like we have 3 options here:
1) Carry on playing through the middle and hope that the strikers and midfielders get on the same wavelength to make it work
2) Sell out to hoof-ball and bore everyone to death
3) Kebe on the left and McAnuff on the right and get the full-backs overlapping (and Robson-Kanu/Antonio as backup wingers)

Hunt works best with crosses coming in from the wing so not much use with hoof ball or pitty-patty up the middle.
Long works best with balls over the top so hoof ball for him.
Rasiak, Mooney, Church - haven't seen enough to judge how they fit best but they don't look like the type to open up a congested middle.

All in all it looks to me like we ought to be going for option 3? If Rodgers can work it out then he could be here as long as SSC. Mind you whichever option he plays I think we'd have to be relegated in last place for Sir Mad to get rid of him this season - he just doesn't do knee-jerk...

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Sep 2009 08:29

In our one win a lot of our good work came from Kebe out wide. We need width, I'm not convinced by this diamond formation. Maybe when McAnuff's fit Rodgers will reconsider.

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 17 Sep 2009 09:00

I agree; I was going to post "about 300 before he leaves Reading safely in mid-Premier League to go to one of the big 4 or 5". There are many who will be be feeling very foolish a year or so from now if they've any shame.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 17 Sep 2009 09:11

He should have until January at the earliest.

If we are in the relegation zone then, get rid and chuck some cash at someone else.

Anyone that thinks he should go now is an utter utter moron.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Sep 2009 09:14

Thames All we need is a change of tactics.

The current tactics will work if we sign the likes of Kaka but Madejski could by a solid gold statue of a giant octopus for that.

YOU CANNOT PLAY WORLD CLASS FOOTBALL WITH AVERAGE PLAYERS. JUST HOOF IT!

So which world class players did Watford have last season when he got them winning playing this type of football?

What world class players do Doncaster have?

What world class players did Swansea have last season?

It's all about getting a team together and at the moment Rodgers still doesn't know his best team.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 17 Sep 2009 09:17

Arnie_Pie He should have until January at the earliest.

If we are in the relegation zone then, get rid and chuck some cash at someone else.

Anyone that thinks he should go now is an utter utter moron.

a double whammy--perhaps a new owner and new Manager by the New Year??

Ryn

by Ryn » 17 Sep 2009 09:24

Give the man a chance. He's tactically inept but maybe he'll sort it out.

Christmas.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 17 Sep 2009 09:29

IMO I want Rodgers to stay put! It'd be a nightmare if we were to sack him - the team will become unsettled again and we'll be starting from square one - and I don't think that will be a good thing!

He's doing the best he can with the players we've got! The only thing that seems missing is the killer instinct up front.... but that will come....eventually.... hopefully!!

Our new signings may not be very inspiring - but when have we ever bought a player and thought "Wow - he's a quality signing!" But unfortunately - for whatever reason Rodgers hasn't had the money to go out and buy the players he would've really have liked.

I thought we played well last night - good link up play at times... just our final ball let us down!

I BELIEVE!! :P :wink:

259 posts