Shaun Cummings

223 posts
Thames

Shaun Cummings

by Thames » 16 Sep 2009 22:33

Is this man registered disabled?

He's as bad as Mark Reilly.

If he cost anything more than a packet of crisps then he will rise above Sean Evers in our "Worst ever signings" list

Bill Oddie's Beard

Re: Shaun Cummings

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 16 Sep 2009 22:49

'greed, he's fcuking toilet.

Alivey

by Alivey » 16 Sep 2009 22:55

he looked good going forward, penetrated the the Cardiff defence a few times.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Sep 2009 23:01

He's pretty shite it has to be said. Probably our worst player tonight. LOL at those slating rosenior now we have this guy.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 16 Sep 2009 23:06

It seems to me that the point of any cross he attempts is not to cross the ball into the box, but to win a corner. Is it just me?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 16 Sep 2009 23:08

Defensively he's Ok not as good as Bertrand, though.

He just seems really scared to try and take someone on or to get behind the defence - I wonder if he's too worried about being caught out of position and leaving a big hole behind him.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 16 Sep 2009 23:10

Muskrat It seems to me that the point of any cross he attempts is not to cross the ball into the box, but to win a corner. Is it just me?

it's just you, I think. Can't see why he's getting so much stick - he's fine, and there are clear signs he'll improve. Comparing him to Kelly is just plain rude.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 16 Sep 2009 23:12

There's a reason Chelsea let us have this guy permanently and Bertrand only on loan.

Bertrand can take on a man.
Bertrand can defend.
Bertrand can put a cross in the box.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 16 Sep 2009 23:15

Armadillo Roadkill
Muskrat It seems to me that the point of any cross he attempts is not to cross the ball into the box, but to win a corner. Is it just me?

it's just you, I think. Can't see why he's getting so much stick - he's fine, and there are clear signs he'll improve. Comparing him to Kelly is just plain rude.

Where did I compare him to Kelly?

Dave Gale

by Dave Gale » 16 Sep 2009 23:15

I would say he looked very nervous first half, but looked to express himself more as the game went on and started to show a willingness to attack the wing (which is crucial with the current system we play).

On the drive home Mick Gooding echoed the same sentiments and mentioned we're using Bertrand as the comparison on the other side. Bertrand is class and technically strong so anyone young and new may come up short against him - but again, when the confidence comes for cummings i'm sure he will slot in nicely. We've had much worse right backs.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Sep 2009 23:15

chilipepper91 There's a reason Chelsea let us have this guy permanently and Bertrand only on loan.

Bertrand can defend.

+1

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Sep 2009 23:15

I think he's okay, but is lacking in confidence. Give him time to settle and he'll be fine. He's decent going forward, but only tentatively because he's not sure whether he's allowed or not, but is perfectly adequate on the back foot.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 16 Sep 2009 23:22

This was the bloke's second game for the club, both being at home where there has been a lot of tension and pressure, and he's hardly put a foot wrong.

Fair enough, he's not as confident getting forward as Bertrand is, but it must be said, Bertrand is pure class in my eyes and has a bright future ahead of him. It's early days at the moment, and for you to be writing off Cummings already, even though he's made very little, if any, real errors, is farcical.

Give him and the rest of the team a bit of a chance will you? If come December we've not improved then I'll understand why everyone gets on his back, but until then, do something constructive and get behind the team, or if that's impossible, just keep your hasty opinions to yourself as they're embarrassing.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 16 Sep 2009 23:22

I think he's better than Rosenior :shock:

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 16 Sep 2009 23:23

FiNeRaIn
chilipepper91 There's a reason Chelsea let us have this guy permanently and Bertrand only on loan.

Bertrand can defend.

+1

It's obvious that Bertrand is better than Cummings - he's Premiership class. Cummings is a fine developing player, from what I've seen so far. He's not quite the finished artcile, but unfortunalty, we can't pick eleven top class men, or we'd be Chelsea or ManU. Give him time - the promise is there.

Kurtz

by Kurtz » 16 Sep 2009 23:34

He's been very mediocre but after just two games I think it's just a tad early to write him off. Seemed nervous and obviously unclear about how to link in with the other players on the right which is not surprising as until Kebe came on there was nothing in front of him except acres of grass.
I'll slag him off properly after 6 games.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 16 Sep 2009 23:46

Cummings really annoyed me tonight...absolutely no football brain whatsoever

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Sep 2009 23:49

Just HOW do players that have spent TEN YEARS playing for various levels of Chelsea's youth/reserve teams, with substantial loan periods also under their belt look so completely and utterly lacking in football knowledge?

It just doesn't make sense - he looks like a Golden Gamble winner that has won 90 minutes with the first team

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Sep 2009 23:51

The whole year inn Just HOW do players that have spent TEN YEARS playing for various levels of Chelsea's youth/reserve teams, with substantial loan periods also under their belt look so completely and utterly lacking in football knowledge?

Because for half of those ten years he was coached by Brendan Rodgers? :|

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 16 Sep 2009 23:53

floyd__streete
The whole year inn Just HOW do players that have spent TEN YEARS playing for various levels of Chelsea's youth/reserve teams, with substantial loan periods also under their belt look so completely and utterly lacking in football knowledge?

Because for half of those ten years he was coached by Brendan Rodgers? :|

Floyd. I like you a lot mate.. But I'm getting the feeling that you're not keeping the faith here.

223 posts