Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RTG

by Maguire » 17 Sep 2009 15:53

Dirk Gently
rhroyal
Vision
Rodgers has used 24 players in just 7 League games so far. Thats complete madness really regardless of what style you want to play.

Very telling. Most successful teams have a spine and a shape. This constant chopping and changing won't help the team gel and grow together.

True, if it was midway through a season. But at the start of a season with a new manager, lots of departures, and lots of new players coming in then it's perfectly normal.

The number of changes should massively decrease now as Br establishes who is the spine and what is the shape.

I've said all that :roll:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Sep 2009 15:57

Maguire
Dirk Gently
rhroyal Very telling. Most successful teams have a spine and a shape. This constant chopping and changing won't help the team gel and grow together.

True, if it was midway through a season. But at the start of a season with a new manager, lots of departures, and lots of new players coming in then it's perfectly normal.

The number of changes should massively decrease now as Br establishes who is the spine and what is the shape.

I've said all that :roll:

I'm not reading through all the bollox that's on here.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Sep 2009 16:27

Dirk Gently
Maguire I've said all that :roll:

I'm not reading through all the bollox that's on here.

Didn't ask you to. Doesn't stop you reading my posts though.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Sep 2009 16:48

Dirk Gently
RoyalBlue The sooner Madejski realises he won't be able to sell his club for the fortune he desires, gets real and fulfills his ambition to get out, the better.

Corrected for you.

Rubbish! He may have bought the business called Reading Football Club but it will never be 'his club', anymore than any other football club will ever really belong to the legal owners.

Without the lifeblood of supporters, football clubs are absolutely nothing.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Sep 2009 17:08

RoyalBlue
Dirk Gently
RoyalBlue The sooner Madejski realises he won't be able to sell his club for the fortune he desires, gets real and fulfills his ambition to get out, the better.

Corrected for you.

Rubbish! He may have bought the business called Reading Football Club but it will never be 'his club', anymore than any other football club will ever really belong to the legal owners.

And the sooner that the club realise this the better for all concerned.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 17 Sep 2009 21:39

clauski Sorry, who's "we"? Great to see you taking on others opinions on a discussion board so openly once again - thanks. Strange that you can't accept others views and yet there seem to be so many who disagree with you judging by your recent posts. Maybe a quote from Gandhi of all people will enlighten you "Faith... must be enforced by reason.... When faith becomes blind it dies."

Mate.. I have no idea what you're on about regarding taking on other's opinions. FYI I can have no problem listening to other views but I can also challenge them, how and when I like. HTH You're a twat. Could I give a shit how many people disagree with me? Erm, no.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 17 Sep 2009 21:58

AbovetheI
PardewsLoveChild
clauski Rose Tinted Glasses = Rodgers Talks Garbage.

I'm fast getting fed up of listening to Rodgers post-match interviews as to hear him talk you would think we are excellent, when in reality we have just 6 points and have only scored in 2 out of 7 games.

So today, "we were fantastic", "some of our play is outstanding", "the performances have been strong", etc. Come off it. Positivity is one thing but pretence is another.

And once again the line that we have played the top teams and "been right up there" - ha! We got stuffed 3-0 by Newcastle and are yet to play Boro and West Brom - the only 3 real top teams this year. If you include Cardiff and Sheff Utd in his proclamation we've still lost to all 3 of those and failed to beat 3 other mediocre teams.

So Brendan, do you really believe this or are you just trying to make us feel better?

Do you know what,it's Twats like you that really fcuk me off about the support of this club............Tonight i was the driver of the first 79 bus to leave the ground after the match,tell me,you wern't the little prick in the dark blue top who was first on the bus giving it large and was saying (in a dumb homer simpson voice) "I've lost my ticket,i got no money to get back,we were shit,Rodgers out,Madjeski can fcuk off,Hammond's a cnut,wot a load of crap,blah,blah,blah...." cause if you was or if not and the prick is reading this,PLEASE do me a favour and fcuk off and support Poxford or Swindle,it's pricks like you and the rest of the knob heads on this board that are really frustating me the most at the moment.Tonight we played well,we were unlucky,i'm not saying everything is rosey and mistakes have been made,Cardiff had a 5 million pound striker out there tonight in Chropa which everything stuck to,his first touch was class,while weve got a 300 grand donkey called Rasiak who was caught offside more times than Nicky Forster ever was,can't trap a greyhound let alone a ball,sorry guys but he is shit !!!!!!!!!!

What i'm trying to say is most of you pricks have been spoilt !!!! You've seen us in a nice ground,in the premiership playing Man Utd and Liverpool and can't remember us playing Rochdale and Lincoln.FFS be patient,this is a totally new team with a new manager who needs time and support.I said at the start of the season i wanted to see potential(sp!!!) and i see it all over the pitch.I'm not saying people can't critise(sp!!!)I can be the biggest critic you've ever heard but FFS....were only 7 games in ...

I know i'm gonna get slaughterd by some of you on here,to be honest,i could'nt give a fcuk !!!!! But i won't sit behind a keyboard hideing behind a false name jerking myself off,i will be driving the 79's next home game,the big silver one's,i've got blond hair and wear glasses and my name's Simon so if you wanna comment on my post please feel free to come and have a chat.

We have only scored in 2 out of 7 games.

1. Take off your RTG's
2. Pull your bus over for a minute
3. Tell me the above stat doesn't worry you.

I admire your positivity, but jeez you don't half look stupid.

hi Simon,didnt we have a big row in Tonys house once about Israel,agree with you for once on this one

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2009 22:03

RoyalBlue
Dirk Gently

Corrected for you.

who are you trying to kid......dream on......we are just a side dish

$KY and their frantic milking of the game call all of the shots

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 17 Sep 2009 22:31

Para Handy

I'm fast getting fed up of listening to Rodgers post-match interviews as to hear him talk you would think we are excellent, when in reality we have just 6 points and have only scored in 2 out of 7 games.

So today, "we were fantastic", "some of our play is outstanding", "the performances have been strong", etc. Come off it. Positivity is one thing but pretence is another.

And once again the line that we have played the top teams and "been right up there" - ha! We got stuffed 3-0 by Newcastle and are yet to play Boro and West Brom - the only 3 real top teams this year. If you include Cardiff and Sheff Utd in his proclamation we've still lost to all 3 of those and failed to beat 3 other mediocre teams.

So Brendan, do you really believe this or are you just trying to make us feel better?

clauski... just feck off then mate. Do we need blokes like you? No, we don't. You don't like it up you? Can't take a bit of cold steel? just do one then sonny.

WTF !.... I love numb skulls like you. COME ON !!!...... BRING IT ON !!!!..... DONT MESS WIV ME....YOU WANT SOME....UG UG :roll:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 22:48

AthleticoSpizz who are you trying to kid......dream on......we are just a side dish

...And who do Sky sell their product to?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 23:32

Royalee
AthleticoSpizz who are you trying to kid......dream on......we are just a side dish

...And who do Sky sell their product to?

middle-class armchair fans, working class armchair fans with better things to spend their money on and foreigners.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 18 Sep 2009 01:50

SteveRoyal HTG = Hob (Nob Anyone?) Talks Garbage. :roll:

Comedy genius! :lol: :lol:

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 18 Sep 2009 03:40

PardewsLoveChild

Do you know what,it's Twats like you that really fcuk me off about the support of this club............Tonight i was the driver of the first 79 bus to leave the ground after the match,tell me,you wern't the little prick in the dark blue top who was first on the bus giving it large and was saying (in a dumb homer simpson voice) "I've lost my ticket,i got no money to get back,we were shit,Rodgers out,Madjeski can fcuk off,Hammond's a cnut,wot a load of crap,blah,blah,blah...." cause if you was or if not and the prick is reading this,PLEASE do me a favour and fcuk off and support Poxford or Swindle,it's pricks like you and the rest of the knob heads on this board that are really frustating me the most at the moment.Tonight we played well,we were unlucky,i'm not saying everything is rosey and mistakes have been made,Cardiff had a 5 million pound striker out there tonight in Chropa which everything stuck to,his first touch was class,while weve got a 300 grand donkey called Rasiak who was caught offside more times than Nicky Forster ever was,can't trap a greyhound let alone a ball,sorry guys but he is shit !!!!!!!!!!

What i'm trying to say is most of you pricks have been spoilt !!!! You've seen us in a nice ground,in the premiership playing Man Utd and Liverpool and can't remember us playing Rochdale and Lincoln.FFS be patient,this is a totally new team with a new manager who needs time and support.I said at the start of the season i wanted to see potential(sp!!!) and i see it all over the pitch.I'm not saying people can't critise(sp!!!)I can be the biggest critic you've ever heard but FFS....were only 7 games in ...

I know i'm gonna get slaughterd by some of you on here,to be honest,i could'nt give a fcuk !!!!! But i won't sit behind a keyboard hideing behind a false name jerking myself off,i will be driving the 79's next home game,the big silver one's,i've got blond hair and wear glasses and my name's Simon so if you wanna comment on my post please feel free to come and have a chat.

Christ, you need to take a chill pill! Don't get so worked up about it. Despite the fact you have all the grammatical ability of a chimpanzee, I agree with your sentiments.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Sep 2009 09:49

Dirk Gently
rhroyal
Vision
Rodgers has used 24 players in just 7 League games so far. Thats complete madness really regardless of what style you want to play.

Very telling. Most successful teams have a spine and a shape. This constant chopping and changing won't help the team gel and grow together.

The number of changes should massively decrease now as BR establishes who is the spine and what is the shape.

Hopefully you're right and now all of the transfers have been done it will settle down but Rodgers was making a lot of changes even before the big movement of players (after Barnsley). 20 players were used in the first 5 games with only Mills & Rasiak as new players playing after the first game.

Suggests to me alongside the comments he made about it being "pre-season" before an International break that it was pretty much his plan to do so all along. I can see why he would want to do it that way and its an interesting approach but I wouldn't describe it as "perfectly normal".

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 18 Sep 2009 13:24

BTW, remind me what STG stands for again? :ducking newbie:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Sep 2009 18:08

RoyalBlue
You may take the p*ss but that is exactly what happened. Rodgers wanted Smith but Madjeski, as usual, wanted to buck the economics of football single-handedly and do it on the cheap. As a consequence we end up with the donkey Rasiak! 'Good in the air'?! The only time he won anything in the air last night was when he was using a defender as a step ladder! :evil:

The sooner Madejski realises he won't be able to sell our club for the fortune he desires, gets real and fulfills his ambition to get out, the better.

Rodgers more than anyone messed up the Smith transfer with his big mouth and he wanted Rasiak in as well as Smith. The manager has bought in enough players now to say that this is his team. He has been given backing by Madejski and it is now up to him and his players to deliver.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2009 19:30

Maybe Rodgers is (also) work in progress?

Afford him the dignity of at least leading us until Xmas.............he is in the middle of something very radical (for RFC) at the moment.

Championship, Hornet fans did nothing but crucify him in his first few months there.

But look how much it hurt them when he left them for us.

Ideal (assuming that it really the same Ideal that was crying into his keyboard a few years ago...much to the amusement of Hilary Scott, The Evening Post and many on here.....lol), you are teetering very close to the *over protestation* limits.

Go suck on a Cuban eel

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 20 Sep 2009 22:26

MeMeMe
Para Handy

clauski... just feck off then mate. Do we need blokes like you? No, we don't. You don't like it up you? Can't take a bit of cold steel? just do one then sonny.

WTF !.... I love numb skulls like you. COME ON !!!...... BRING IT ON !!!!..... DONT MESS WIV ME....YOU WANT SOME....UG UG :roll:

If you can't understand posts, then I guess it would be in your interests not to comment on them.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 21 Sep 2009 09:17

Just heard a STAR representitive interviewed on BBCRB, remarkably, she couldn't find any fault with what the club has done or is doing.

I was shocked.