RTG

clauski

RTG

by clauski » 17 Sep 2009 00:19

Rose Tinted Glasses = Rodgers Talks Garbage.

I'm fast getting fed up of listening to Rodgers post-match interviews as to hear him talk you would think we are excellent, when in reality we have just 6 points and have only scored in 2 out of 7 games.

So today, "we were fantastic", "some of our play is outstanding", "the performances have been strong", etc. Come off it. Positivity is one thing but pretence is another.

And once again the line that we have played the top teams and "been right up there" - ha! We got stuffed 3-0 by Newcastle and are yet to play Boro and West Brom - the only 3 real top teams this year. If you include Cardiff and Sheff Utd in his proclamation we've still lost to all 3 of those and failed to beat 3 other mediocre teams.

So Brendan, do you really believe this or are you just trying to make us feel better?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RTG

by sandman » 17 Sep 2009 00:22

Did he say "This was good experience for our young players" as well?

clauski

by clauski » 17 Sep 2009 00:27

sandman Did he say "This was good experience for our young players" as well?

Well he did say we had 5 players under the age of 21 - like this is forced upon him or is a reasonable excuse for losing a game. Why try and garner sympathy rather than just deal with it and if that many young players means we lose then don't play so many young players!

Bill Oddie
Location: By the bamboo bush in the central reservation on the M4

by Bill Oddie » 17 Sep 2009 00:28

If its quiz night what about having to "cut our coat according to the cloth" who would say that ?

clauski

by clauski » 17 Sep 2009 00:32

Bill Oddie If its quiz night what about having to "cut our coat according to the cloth" who would say that ?

Well even Mick Gooding said it tonight - the brainwashing has been a success!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Sep 2009 00:35

clauski
sandman Did he say "This was good experience for our young players" as well?

Well he did say we had 5 players under the age of 21 - like this is forced upon him or is a reasonable excuse for losing a game. Why try and garner sympathy rather than just deal with it and if that many young players means we lose then don't play so many young players!

Don't forget that big bad Madejski is the one that forced him to play them by not providing enough money to get any of the players he wanted in. :wink:

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 17 Sep 2009 00:39

clauski Rose Tinted Glasses = Rodgers Talks Garbage.

I'm fast getting fed up of listening to Rodgers post-match interviews as to hear him talk you would think we are excellent, when in reality we have just 6 points and have only scored in 2 out of 7 games.

So today, "we were fantastic", "some of our play is outstanding", "the performances have been strong", etc. Come off it. Positivity is one thing but pretence is another.

And once again the line that we have played the top teams and "been right up there" - ha! We got stuffed 3-0 by Newcastle and are yet to play Boro and West Brom - the only 3 real top teams this year. If you include Cardiff and Sheff Utd in his proclamation we've still lost to all 3 of those and failed to beat 3 other mediocre teams.

So Brendan, do you really believe this or are you just trying to make us feel better?

clauski... just feck off then mate. Do we need blokes like you? No, we don't. You don't like it up you? Can't take a bit of cold steel? just do one then sonny.

clauski

by clauski » 17 Sep 2009 00:49

Para Handy

clauski... just feck off then mate. Do we need blokes like you? No, we don't. You don't like it up you? Can't take a bit of cold steel? just do one then sonny.

Sorry, who's "we"? Great to see you taking on others opinions on a discussion board so openly once again - thanks. Strange that you can't accept others views and yet there seem to be so many who disagree with you judging by your recent posts. Maybe a quote from Gandhi of all people will enlighten you "Faith... must be enforced by reason.... When faith becomes blind it dies."

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 01:03

Rodgers does spout crap - if you can't see that then I feel for you.

It will probably turn round, we do have good young players. I just think he's so full of himself.

I prefer people to be self-effacing. Rodgers sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads (the devil didn't do that good a trade with him unfortunately)...

PardewsLoveChild

by PardewsLoveChild » 17 Sep 2009 01:04

Do you know what,it's Twats like you that really fcuk me off about the support of this club............Tonight i was the driver of the first 79 bus to leave the ground after the match,tell me,you wern't the little prick in the dark blue top who was first on the bus giving it large and was saying (in a dumb homer simpson voice) "I've lost my ticket,i got no money to get back,we were shit,Rodgers out,Madjeski can fcuk off,Hammond's a cnut,wot a load of crap,blah,blah,blah...." cause if you was or if not and the prick is reading this,PLEASE do me a favour and fcuk off and support Poxford or Swindle,it's pricks like you and the rest of the knob heads on this board that are really frustating me the most at the moment.Tonight we played well,we were unlucky,i'm not saying everything is rosey and mistakes have been made,Cardiff had a 5 million pound striker out there tonight in Chropa which everything stuck to,his first touch was class,while weve got a 300 grand donkey called Rasiak who was caught offside more times than Nicky Forster ever was,can't trap a greyhound let alone a ball,sorry guys but he is shit !!!!!!!!!!

What i'm trying to say is most of you pricks have been spoilt !!!! You've seen us in a nice ground,in the premiership playing Man Utd and Liverpool and can't remember us playing Rochdale and Lincoln.FFS be patient,this is a totally new team with a new manager who needs time and support.I said at the start of the season i wanted to see potential(sp!!!) and i see it all over the pitch.I'm not saying people can't critise(sp!!!)I can be the biggest critic you've ever heard but FFS....were only 7 games in ...

I know i'm gonna get slaughterd by some of you on here,to be honest,i could'nt give a fcuk !!!!! But i won't sit behind a keyboard hideing behind a false name jerking myself off,i will be driving the 79's next home game,the big silver one's,i've got blond hair and wear glasses and my name's Simon so if you wanna comment on my post please feel free to come and have a chat.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 01:10

PardewsLoveChild

Do you know what,it's Twats like you that really fcuk me off about the support of this club............Tonight i was the driver of the first 79 bus to leave the ground after the match,tell me,you wern't the little prick in the dark blue top who was first on the bus giving it large and was saying (in a dumb homer simpson voice) "I've lost my ticket,i got no money to get back,we were shit,Rodgers out,Madjeski can fcuk off,Hammond's a cnut,wot a load of crap,blah,blah,blah...." cause if you was or if not and the prick is reading this,PLEASE do me a favour and fcuk off and support Poxford or Swindle,it's pricks like you and the rest of the knob heads on this board that are really frustating me the most at the moment.Tonight we played well,we were unlucky,i'm not saying everything is rosey and mistakes have been made,Cardiff had a 5 million pound striker out there tonight in Chropa which everything stuck to,his first touch was class,while weve got a 300 grand donkey called Rasiak who was caught offside more times than Nicky Forster ever was,can't trap a greyhound let alone a ball,sorry guys but he is shit !!!!!!!!!!

What i'm trying to say is most of you pricks have been spoilt !!!! You've seen us in a nice ground,in the premiership playing Man Utd and Liverpool and can't remember us playing Rochdale and Lincoln.FFS be patient,this is a totally new team with a new manager who needs time and support.I said at the start of the season i wanted to see potential(sp!!!) and i see it all over the pitch.I'm not saying people can't critise(sp!!!)I can be the biggest critic you've ever heard but FFS....were only 7 games in ...

I know i'm gonna get slaughterd by some of you on here,to be honest,i could'nt give a fcuk !!!!! But i won't sit behind a keyboard hideing behind a false name jerking myself off,i will be driving the 79's next home game,the big silver one's,i've got blond hair and wear glasses and my name's Simon so if you wanna comment on my post please feel free to come and have a chat.

Rodgers does spout crap though.
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 17 Sep 2009 01:13, edited 1 time in total.

clauski

by clauski » 17 Sep 2009 01:13

Archie's penalty
PardewsLoveChild

Rodger's does spout crap though.

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Sep 2009 01:13

Wanting to win once in a while isn't that bad surely. Personally, I couldn't give a flying one about playing the likes of Manchester United they're filled with their own self importance anyway. Potential is all very well and good but the table is starting to take shape. Southampton had a young team with lots of potential but look where they are now. Rodgers needs to gain our trust and right now he's doing an awful job of it.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 01:16

All I want is a bit of down to earthness from Mr. Big Watch.

It's the round thing

by It's the round thing » 17 Sep 2009 01:18

I much prefer hearing Rogers talk positively and noting the bright spots then the dear in the headlights of Coppell at the end of last with no answers and no ideas. The points would have been great, but there's a difference between losing while playing with heart and simply throwing your hands up.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 01:21

It's the round thing I much prefer hearing Rogers talk positively and noting the bright spots then the dear in the headlights of Coppell at the end of last with no answers and no ideas. The points would have been great, but there's a difference between losing while playing with heart and simply throwing your hands up.

Tbh you may be right. By the end of the season Copps really didn't know what he was doing.

Rodgers is a young guy, he will learn. I wonder if Watford fans had similar things to say about him at the beginning?

PardewsLoveChild

by PardewsLoveChild » 17 Sep 2009 01:32

Archie's penalty
PardewsLoveChild

Rodgers does spout crap though.

You've got a point !!!!!!!!!!!!

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Sep 2009 07:03

Ideal
Sack Brendan Rodgers, the sooner the better.

Too much to say too soon. 7 games!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 17 Sep 2009 07:38

The manager is not the problem here, he is a bright young fella who will do well here, the mystery lies in the fact that couple of years we finshed 8th in the Prem, full of promise and praise, we now are continuing to fall like a brick....................now where does the blame lay ?

The Team ?............well they have all been got rid of

The Manager..........Doing hie best with a youth team and has, or in some cases never have, beens

The Owner.............Mr Ego must have some nice suits with the "cloth he has cut " or butchered in this case

(Think you guys should hae a collection at the next home game for him)

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 17 Sep 2009 08:15

howser The manager is not the problem here

The manager has been responsible for team selection. Why didn't he play that attacking team against Donny ? Why does the formation change every match ?