The Official Rodger's Soundbite Thread

220 posts
handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Official Rodger's Soundbite Thread

by handbags_harris » 13 Nov 2009 13:34

It has to be said that Rodgers is world class at one thing - world class bullsh*t.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Nov 2009 13:40

handbags_harris Poster in the dressing room (photographic evidence on Compo's Hat's Facebook):

"What winners do:

* Up the tempo
* World class basics
* Pride in the badge
* Ruthless simplicity
* Critical non-essentials
* Everything beats deadline
* Good enough - isn't
* Never leave the game early (start quick, finish strong)"

Just ALOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Compo's Hat It's a worLOLd cLOLass poster situated on the inside of the home team door.

Oh good grief, we quite literally have a moron in the model of David Brent in charge. Does he bring his guitar to training? Depressingly, his empty rhetoric, slogans and buzzwords have hoodwinked a large chunk of our never discerning fanbase and - more damningly - our board.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 13 Nov 2009 13:43

floyd__streete
handbags_harris Poster in the dressing room (photographic evidence on Compo's Hat's Facebook):

"What winners do:

* Up the tempo
* World class basics
* Pride in the badge
* Ruthless simplicity
* Good enough - isn't

Compo's Hat It's a worLOLd cLOLass poster situated on the inside of the home team door.

Oh good grief, we quite literally have a moron in the model of David Brent in charge. Does he bring his guitar to training? Depressingly, his empty rhetoric, slogans and buzzwords have hoodwinked a large chunk of our never discerning fanbase and - more damningly - our board.

Floyd, are you able to give us an insight into what a "critical non-essential" is?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Nov 2009 13:46

handbags_harris Floyd, are you able to give us an insight into what a "critical non-essential" is?

Brendan Rodgers himself is a critical non-essential as far as I am concerned.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 Nov 2009 13:46

floyd__streete

"What winners do:

* Up the tempo
* World class basics
* Pride in the badge
* Ruthless simplicity
* Good enough - isn't

And then we have the wonderful uttering or our beloved Chairman as captured elsewhere...

Synopsis: There will be very little money, if any, to spend in January. We have an 'amazing squad' (said that three or four times) and a great manager and promotion is a possibility. The fans need to rally behind the club. It's a community club. And there are no buyers for RFC.

At least we know who the next double act to grace "Britain's Got Talent" is coming from.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 13 Nov 2009 14:19

"What winners do:

* Up the tempo
* World class basics
* Pride in the badge
* Ruthless simplicity
* Good enough - isn't

Jeezy Christ.
What the hell does "Everything beats deadline" mean?
I've seen an awful load of management-speak bollocks from my employer but that is right up there with the worst of it.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Nov 2009 14:23

The Surgeon of Crowthorne Jeezy Christ.
I've seen an awful load of management-speak bollocks from my employer but that is right up there with the worst of it.

Indeed, but you'll find that kind of thing in 91 other dressing rooms in the league, and in essence it's no different from "tenacity - spirit - flair"

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 13 Nov 2009 14:46

Dirk Gently

Indeed, but you'll find that kind of thing in 91 other dressing rooms in the league, and in essence it's no different from "tenacity - spirit - flair"

At least that had a merciful brevity ... :|

working class hero

by working class hero » 13 Nov 2009 17:39

Dirk Gently

In essence this is bullshit.
Tenacity etc was comprehensible to all.
This offering makes little sense to any but the moron who wrote it.

As I reply to managers who say:
'there is no I in team'................... 'no but there are 3 in patronising management bullshit'.
It goes down as well as might be expected.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 Nov 2009 21:09

After a clandestine operation in the Arborfield area, I have been able to acquire video footage of BR's latest training session which clearly illustrates the world class model that he aspires to.

I can guarantee that this is 110% genuine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwvVh0_ZelI

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Nov 2009 00:37

RobRoyal
Dirk Gently

At least that had a merciful brevity ... :|

exactly nothing wrong with some simple stuff to provide a focus/message but this stuff is just oxf*rd.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Nov 2009 03:38

It's clearly aspirational and not inspirational BS then.

I wonder if BR does inverted 'coma' speeches with his hands.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 15 Nov 2009 13:16

And the world of football scoffed when Herbert Champman did away with the WM formation :roll:

I really do have to LOL at some people on here, who consider themselves coaching experts without so much as a coaching badge to their name. If it works then he can put a picture of a donkeys arse on the wall for all I care.

Not saying such slogans will work or not, but I think BR knows more about football management then I do.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 15 Nov 2009 13:29

He needs one sign on his door.

Football's a simple game, made complicated by those who should know better.

He should repeat it 100x every morning before he gets up.

Players do not respond to inspirational posters in my experience. Doesn't mean that Brendan's mussing are the cause of the problems. We just need to go back to fcukin basics and brutal our way out of this...

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 15 Nov 2009 14:09

Wimb I think BR knows more about football management then I do.

Well then you clearly must know absolutely zilch about the subject then becasue the Bodger knows precious little more than that.

The one-liners The Bodger spouts are objects of ridicule amongst the players, not inspiration.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 15 Nov 2009 14:18

strap

Well then you clearly must know absolutely zilch about the subject then becasue the Bodger knows precious little more than that.

The one-liners The Bodger spouts are objects of ridicule amongst the players, not inspiration.

Right, you base that on what? if you're in the know and have spoken to the majority of the squad then I'll concede my point otherwise what are you basing that on? the only comments I've heard from players have been positive towards his methods. Ok thats in a public sphere where comments are managed to an extent, but I've still not heard grumblings from RFC, Chelsea or Watford players.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Nov 2009 15:01

strap

You really are like a rabid dog, foaming at the mouth and chasing cars, yapping madly.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 15 Nov 2009 16:53

He should have more practical one-liners, like Brian Clough's "If in doubt pass to the nearest team mate". This had the advantage of being easily understood by players and easily done; yet the genius of it was that it also led to neat possession football and taught all the players to receive and control the ball even when closely marked.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 17 Nov 2009 14:09

A brilliant interview here complete with oodles of material for this very thread: http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... rinciples/

Brendan Rodgers If people want to watch that - fine. But I don't want to watch that and I don't want our supporters to see that.

Closely followed by:

Brendan Rodgers People say there's a certain way to win in the Championship, which is fine. But it doesn't matter how you win games.

So which is it then mate? Make your mind up.

Also, he seems to have ditched the "I'm mates with Mourinho" line. He's now mates with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer :lol:

Brendan Rodgers I also have a relationship with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and people at Manchester United.

And lastly, more DNA bollocks:

Brendan Rodgers We will get there in the end when we have got players with the correct DNA.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Nov 2009 14:11

A lot of that stuff was a rehash of old gubbins. That notwithstanding, Rodgers continues to prove what a name-dropping drone he is.

220 posts