The Official Rodger's Soundbite Thread

220 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Official Rodger's Soundbite Thread

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2009 22:26

He's done a shit job of managing expectations by wittering on about play offs and promotion and charging up the table. And talking about how well we played each game and how the supporters are enjoying it.

I don't care how well he does with us, I'll never actually like the man.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 12 Dec 2009 22:34

Ian Royal He's done a shit job of managing expectations by wittering on about play offs and promotion and charging up the table. And talking about how well we played each game and how the supporters are enjoying it.

With each of these ridiculous comments, he only distances himself from the fans. If he had some humility and admitted that he'd made mistakes and that his team weren't performing as he desired, yet we were working within our means, I think we'd have more respect for him.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Dec 2009 22:35

Winchester Royal
Ian Royal He's done a shit job of managing expectations by wittering on about play offs and promotion and charging up the table. And talking about how well we played each game and how the supporters are enjoying it.

With each of these ridiculous comments, he only distances himself from the fans. If he had some humility and admitted that he'd made mistakes and that his team weren't performing as he desired, yet we were working within our means, I think we'd have more respect for him.

DOUBLEUBERMEGA'GREED

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Dec 2009 23:41

Is there a more arrogant, deluded utter prick managing in the football league anywhere?

How does working with the youth team for a bit qualify for 'knowing the support?'

More journeys and cycles, think he'd be better off suited with the Tour de France than football.

Please do everyone a favour Brendan, take your journeys, cycles and plans and seriously fcuk off.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Dec 2009 19:11

Lock this thread, no-one need care about what this man has to say ever again 8) .

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Dec 2009 19:12

floyd__streete Lock this thread, no-one need care about what this man has to say ever again 8) .

I'm sure he'll join us in the seats next week after all he's our biggest fan. :lol:

But cya in all honesty. Had to happen, happened. 8)

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Dec 2009 19:12

Just like to finish with a:

SkiLOLfuLOL soLOLdier :lol:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

What was Rodgers very worst comment?

by Man Friday » 23 Dec 2009 12:43

For me it was "I rang Steve to thank him for the players he left me and to say he'd done a good job with them." (Or words to that effect.)

Patronising, immature, imbecelic.

Wonder what Coppell thought/thinks?

He's not fit to wear Coppell's jock straps.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What was Rodgers very worst comment?

by readingbedding » 23 Dec 2009 12:46

Think you need to get your facts right chum.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What was Rodgers very worst comment?

by handbags_harris » 23 Dec 2009 23:06

readingbedding Think you need to get your facts right chum.

But Rodgers did call Coppell to tell him how good the squad was that he'd left him. He admitted to doing so more than once :|

bagman

by bagman » 23 Dec 2009 23:15

Called Eamonn Dolan after he left for Chelsea to eulegise over the players he had left in the Academy: Soares. Marum etc. Re record Cummins, Howard, Mills and Rasiak.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 21 Jul 2010 20:34

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/ ... 90,00.html

Swansea City OS And Rodgers has been equally impressed by what he's seen so far from his new squad.

"I've seen plenty of quality here; some outstanding talent" explained Rodgers.

"They like to play with charisma and aggression here. It's been built into their DNA over the last few years and you can see it on the training ground and the pitch."

"They've really worked hard and taken everything on board. I've been very impressed with their application.

:roll:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Jul 2010 20:54

How long has he been there? And he knows this already??? But why did he have to spout forth about DNA. I hope the Swans fans know what they have got!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Jul 2010 21:36

Wimb
Royal Lady Haven't heard the latest interview by BR, but BBCRB said he was saying how difficult it is for him and his family when the team aren't doing well. Oooh diddums. If you don't like it Mr R, you do have options. I'm beginning to think he wants us to feel sorry for him, what with him "close to tears" or whatever was reported after the QPR game, and now this - you've created this BR, now you have to deal with it. Do you think the fans are ecstatic at the moment or something? Don't you think I feel just a "wee" bit guilty, you know, when, you know, we've spent, you know, over a thousand pounds on Season Tickets this season, you know, and we could have used that money for something else, you know? :evil:

If in giving his honest opinions and coming out in the press then causes people to feel sorry for him how is that his fault?
If someone at your work was doing a bad job but was giving it 100% and clearly cared a lot about the job you'd feel sorry for them wouldn't you?

I really just don't understand what your point is here, are you saying BR is showing a lack of consideration toward the fans? fans who he regularly praises and thanks for their commitment during difficult times?

As for fans, well you made the decision to spend money on gaining admittance for 23 football games a season. I don't recall anywhere on the T+C's "You'll be assured good football and wins" :roll: Every season 3 teams get relegated in this league, and 12 out of 92 or about 1 in 9 slip through the trap door somewhere in the football league, why shouldn't it be us?

Honestly stop being a hypocryte here. You can't on one hand slam BR for 'getting people to feel sorry for him', then on the same post bleat on about asking people to feel sorry for fans that have invested money and got what they paid for.

Just as well that BR has not taken a job in North Korea then...

http://gawker.com/5592350/north-korean-diplomat-ho-ung-executed-for-poor-performance

A North Korean diplomat named Ho Ung was executed by firing squad "after the North Korean government found his talks among the Korean nations to be a failure."

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 21 Jul 2010 21:58

Terminal Boardom Just as well that BR has not taken a job in North Korea then...

http://gawker.com/5592350/north-korean-diplomat-ho-ung-executed-for-poor-performance

A North Korean diplomat named Ho Ung was executed by firing squad "after the North Korean government found his talks among the Korean nations to be a failure."

Ho hum.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 22 Jul 2010 11:35

handbags_harris
Terminal Boardom Just as well that BR has not taken a job in North Korea then...

Ho hum.

Ho Hung?!

Oh sorry firing squad

havoc

by havoc » 22 Jul 2010 11:37

royal_cornwall

by royal_cornwall » 22 Jul 2010 12:28

Ryn
Man Friday "I telephoned Steve to tell him what great players had left with him."

i telephoned Steve to ask him how the feck he won any games with this squad of players

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 22 Jul 2010 16:06

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Jul 2010 19:08

havoc

Come on Affers, allow some of us our little indulgences. You alone should know what the occasional indulgence is like you fat oxf*rd :wink:

220 posts