220 posts
Dorset-Knob

Re: The BRENDAN RODGERS "Quote" Thread

by Dorset-Knob » 24 Oct 2009 11:44

"smooth seas don't make strong sailors"

clauski

Re: The Official Rodger's Soundbite Thread

by clauski » 25 Oct 2009 00:50

"Statistically and in every aspect, we are right up there with the top two teams in this league - with or without the ball. The only area that is letting us down is shots on target."

Shame we're in the bottom 3 then Brendan, with a goal difference 23 goals worse than Newcastle and underperforming in every aspect. Fool.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Oct 2009 06:57

Adz1871 Manager Brendan Rodgers told our official online TV station Reading FC Player, "Marek will certainly be involved.

"It's been a wee bit frustrating for him, but there is absolutely no doubt he has qualities."

SO WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN PLAYING HIM?! He's clueless. Only word for him.

Peterborough

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 25 Oct 2009 14:58

"Smooth seas don't make strong sailors." Brendan Rodgers

"That which does not kill us can only make us stronger."
- "And that which does kill us leaves us dead!" Terry Pratchett

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Oct 2009 18:20

Barry the bird boggler
Adz1871 Manager Brendan Rodgers told our official online TV station Reading FC Player, "Marek will certainly be involved.

"It's been a wee bit frustrating for him, but there is absolutely no doubt he has qualities."

SO WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN PLAYING HIM?! He's clueless. Only word for him.

Peterborough

Oh look, a player binned, making only two of five subsequent squads after one less than brilliant performace now returning to the starting line up. Arguably caused by one error by the player and totally inept management decisions by Rodgers.

We've played the same central midfield in consecutive league games TWICE! Idiocy.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 25 Oct 2009 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

working class hero

by working class hero » 25 Oct 2009 20:35

I am also boycotting the OS because it is just like on an online version of Pravda.

Personally I feel sorry for the communications team. They are at every game and must feel the same as the fans. But how long do you think they would be in a job if they really told it as it is?

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 25 Oct 2009 21:17

Surprising what you can glean between the lines from the Official Site, though. Take this from O'Dea:

"We were solid, then they got the sending off and scored - from then it was the same old story. We came out in the second half, set up in a different shape and then with Ivar getting sent off it stopped the momentum. But that's only a hundreth of the problem, we maybe needed something like that to kick us out of this little slump."

What does he mean by "But that's only a hundredth of the problem"? Has O'Dea sussed how wrong everything is at the moment?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 25 Oct 2009 21:44

working class hero
I am also boycotting the OS because it is just like on an online version of Pravda.

Personally I feel sorry for the communications team. They are at every game and must feel the same as the fans. But how long do you think they would be in a job if they really told it as it is?

If they wrote something truthful about the club, we might have more respect for them...

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Oct 2009 07:37

O'Dea for manager

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 26 Oct 2009 13:33

Darren O'Dea ...with Ivar getting sent off it stopped the momentum.

What momentum? Firstly, QPR kicked off so had the ball, and secondly the half was 4 seconds old when Ivar made the challenge :roll: :roll: :roll:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 26 Oct 2009 14:02

facaldaqui Surprising what you can glean between the lines from the Official Site, though. Take this from O'Dea:

"We were solid, then they got the sending off and scored - from then it was the same old story. We came out in the second half, set up in a different shape and then with Ivar getting sent off it stopped the momentum. But that's only a hundreth of the problem, we maybe needed something like that to kick us out of this little slump."

What does he mean by "But that's only a hundredth of the problem"? Has O'Dea sussed how wrong everything is at the moment?

That's at least 3 different things he includes in just that 1%. There must be a hell of a lot wrong at RFC!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Oct 2009 18:05

Just watched Rodgers reaction when he was the Watford manager, when we beat them 4-0.

' Reading, for sure will go up. '
Last edited by LoyalRoyalFan on 27 Oct 2009 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

working class hero

by working class hero » 27 Oct 2009 18:28

No - the last home win was against Wolves about 2 weeks later [although we relied on an o.g. to scrape a 1-0 win]

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Oct 2009 18:45

working class hero No - the last home win was against Wolves about 2 weeks later [although we relied on an o.g. to scrape a 1-0 win]

Fixed, thank you.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Oct 2009 09:00

Haven't heard the latest interview by BR, but BBCRB said he was saying how difficult it is for him and his family when the team aren't doing well. Oooh diddums. If you don't like it Mr R, you do have options. I'm beginning to think he wants us to feel sorry for him, what with him "close to tears" or whatever was reported after the QPR game, and now this - you've created this BR, now you have to deal with it. Do you think the fans are ecstatic at the moment or something? Don't you think I feel just a "wee" bit guilty, you know, when, you know, we've spent, you know, over a thousand pounds on Season Tickets this season, you know, and we could have used that money for something else, you know? :evil:

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 28 Oct 2009 09:20

Royal Lady Haven't heard the latest interview by BR, but BBCRB said he was saying how difficult it is for him and his family when the team aren't doing well. Oooh diddums. If you don't like it Mr R, you do have options. I'm beginning to think he wants us to feel sorry for him, what with him "close to tears" or whatever was reported after the QPR game, and now this - you've created this BR, now you have to deal with it. Do you think the fans are ecstatic at the moment or something? Don't you think I feel just a "wee" bit guilty, you know, when, you know, we've spent, you know, over a thousand pounds on Season Tickets this season, you know, and we could have used that money for something else, you know? :evil:

If in giving his honest opinions and coming out in the press then causes people to feel sorry for him how is that his fault?
If someone at your work was doing a bad job but was giving it 100% and clearly cared a lot about the job you'd feel sorry for them wouldn't you?

I really just don't understand what your point is here, are you saying BR is showing a lack of consideration toward the fans? fans who he regularly praises and thanks for their commitment during difficult times?

As for fans, well you made the decision to spend money on gaining admittance for 23 football games a season. I don't recall anywhere on the T+C's "You'll be assured good football and wins" :roll: Every season 3 teams get relegated in this league, and 12 out of 92 or about 1 in 9 slip through the trap door somewhere in the football league, why shouldn't it be us?

Honestly stop being a hypocryte here. You can't on one hand slam BR for 'getting people to feel sorry for him', then on the same post bleat on about asking people to feel sorry for fans that have invested money and got what they paid for.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Oct 2009 09:53

I didn't say I wanted him to feel sorry for the fans - I was making a point, that's it not only him that's hurting - the only difference is, he can do something about it to turn it around, we can't.

It's his JOB. He has caused most of the problems, as I see it - would he be moaning how it affects his family if we were winning games and playing well? No!
Sure, you get highs and lows in football, but we're on a downward spiral and trying to gain the sympathy vote from us fans isn't going to wash with me I'm afraid.

And when the chairman/manager/tea lady stop spouting bollox about "showing our ambition to get back into the premiership", "we can be in top 2" blah blah blah, I won't be expecting anything of the sort when I purchase my Season Ticket.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2009 12:33

Royal Lady I didn't say I wanted him to feel sorry for the fans - I was making a point, that's it not only him that's hurting - the only difference is, he can do something about it to turn it around, we can't.

It's his JOB. He has caused most of the problems, as I see it - would he be moaning how it affects his family if we were winning games and playing well? No!
Sure, you get highs and lows in football, but we're on a downward spiral and trying to gain the sympathy vote from us fans isn't going to wash with me I'm afraid.

And when the chairman/manager/tea lady stop spouting bollox about "showing our ambition to get back into the premiership", "we can be in top 2" blah blah blah, I won't be expecting anything of the sort when I purchase my Season Ticket.

He knows it isn't only him. He's acknowlegded that plenty of times. This is the positive side of Rodgers, he's honest, open and obviously passionate and committed about us.

Don't put the boot in for that. Put it in (rightly) for talk of enjoyment, world class models and top of the table.

It just looks like you've taken a dislike to the guy (fairly IMO) but are now just irrationally using anything he says, no matter how reasonable, as a stick to beat him with. Which, again IMO, says more about you than it does about Rodgers.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Oct 2009 13:51

LoyalRoyalFan Just watched Rodgers reaction when he was the Watford manager, when we beat them 4-0.

' Reading, for sure will go up. '

He really is just consistently wrong about everything he says and does isn't he.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Oct 2009 14:02

Ian Royal
Royal Lady I didn't say I wanted him to feel sorry for the fans - I was making a point, that's it not only him that's hurting - the only difference is, he can do something about it to turn it around, we can't.

He knows it isn't only him. He's acknowlegded that plenty of times. This is the positive side of Rodgers, he's honest, open and obviously passionate and committed about us.

Don't put the boot in for that. Put it in (rightly) for talk of enjoyment, world class models and top of the table.

It just looks like you've taken a dislike to the guy (fairly IMO) but are now just irrationally using anything he says, no matter how reasonable, as a stick to beat him with. Which, again IMO, says more about you than it does about Rodgers.
Explain to me, what is the point of saying that his family are affected if not to garner some sort of sympathy. What was the point about appearing tearful (if reports on here are to be believed) after the QPR game, if not to try and garner some sort of sympathy? I hope he is hurting - it would show that he does care - but like I said, trying to get sympathy from us, the fans, who pay out a heck of a lot of money to watch these awful games, is going a bit far IMO. If everyone else wants to feel sorry for him fine, I was just saying that it wouldn't wash WITH ME.

220 posts