Back From The Game - Middlesbrough (H)

204 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back From The Game - Middlesbrough (H)

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Oct 2009 13:26

Chaney
LoyalRoyalFan Why is it that the strikers are the ones, putting in the crosses, causing nobody to be in the box?

because he either plays with no wingers..or he takes them off at H/T

I thought it was because none of the wingers, could put in a decent cross. For example, McAnuff yesterday.

Shinfield Park Royal

by Shinfield Park Royal » 04 Oct 2009 13:42

Yesterdays game was a clear sign of how far this club has gone down hill since last season. A player who at one stage was justifiably kept out of our starting 11 by two "better" strikers, comes back with a different club and proved that he is far better than any option that we now have.

11 league and 2 cup games into a season and still not knowing your best starting 11 is a clear sign that Rodgers is clueless! We are now left with pretty much the same squad that woud be classed as coppell's "cup side", a group of players who would scrape together a 2 - 1 victory at Dagenham and Redbridge last season.

There's talk about having given everybody a chance to prove themselves, yet for example Tabb and Marek having played and put in more good performances in first team games for Reading than the rest of the younger players isnt enough proof of ability? Marek is a step above the rest of our squad, and that is working against him. Hes simply too good, picking out passes that would lead to chances, but the rest of our squad arent expirienced enough to read the game in the way he does.

In his press conference, Rodgers said about wanting to make the madejski a fortress and a tough place for other teams to come, yet still decides to start with a 4-5-1 formation. Now im not being funny but as the oppositions manager id love to turn up on a saturday and see the home team playing the most negative formation to play at home possible, putting them on the back foot before the game has even started! Also, saying that the crowd at a ground which is known for having a shit atmosphere, "gives the team energy" is utter bollocks! Surely being booed off by large parts of the crowd after pretty much every home game this season is enough of a signal that the fans arent happy? Week in week out he praises the fans, yet still at least 70% of our fan base are against pretty much every decision the guy makes? Is he just trying to make "friends" so that like watford fans, a second clubs worth of fans in 6 months dont decide that hes an absolute twat?

And as for Frank Lampard Senior, what eaxactly does he do? And who is Rodgers assistant? These people dont seem to have any impact on the goings on at the club whatsoever...

This club is a shambles at the moment and changes need to be made soon otherwise we will soon be in the same situation as the likes of Norwich.

Rant over.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Oct 2009 13:45

Don't understand the stick Howard is getting, thought he was at the centre of everything good we did yesterday, and helped the midfield tick.

The problem for him was that in O'Neill Boro have the best CM in the division.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 14:03

Shinfield Park Royal
In his press conference, Rodgers said about wanting to make the madejski a fortress and a tough place for other teams to come...

He is halfway there. The Mad Stad IS a fortress. It is impossible for us to get a win there :lol:

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 04 Oct 2009 14:06

rob the royal
I was there at Elm Park
rob the royal rodgers: sort it out. we don't have the players to do what you want to do and to make ridiculous tactical changes that only people playing football manager would ever try. so go simple and let's make sure we don't get relegated. do that and then buy some better players than you have done and then try all your fancy tactics and all will be forgiven. but please don't sacrifice our championship status for your ego.

Who played well and didn't? I think the players deserve as much of the blame as Rodgers as they need to start showing their potential. The trouble at the moment is that the players we have don't seem to fit in with any formation or system we play which is not just down to Rodgers.

federici was poor. i like him but he was poor

bertrand wasn't his usual confident self
centre backs were ok
cummings is poo

kebe was rubbish. i think the guy could really do well if he got it all sorted but have to admit he was dreadful.
howard went missing second half
karacan pretty decent
gunnarsson - the usual, he gets a run in the team and then shows himself up
mcanuff - had a go. but guilty of doing a kebe several times, but everyone was too busy getting on kebe's back to notice.

church? - no i'm a muslim.

hunt - had a real go
sigurdsson - as above

howard went missing in the second half?? you mean hes actually arrived at the club? ever since we were told hed signed for us hes done nothing but constantly give away the ball, cheap free kicks and stand there like a lemon watching his team mates track back trying to get the ball back from his shocking pass!!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 14:09

winchester_royal Don't understand the stick Howard is getting, thought he was at the centre of everything good we did yesterday, and helped the midfield tick.

This has to be a fishing trip.

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 04 Oct 2009 14:14

Terminal Boardom
winchester_royal Don't understand the stick Howard is getting, thought he was at the centre of everything good we did yesterday, and helped the midfield tick.

This has to be a fishing trip.

that or next game we look out for the guy with the worlds largest RTG's.. although maybe the reason we didnt have a single shot on target until the 91st minute was because every thing went through howard???

working class hero

by working class hero » 04 Oct 2009 14:29

I have little room to comment as I have all but given up going to home games [the moaners behind me are so annoying]. However, I am persevering with away games [missed Barnsley and PNE due to illness]. In fact maybe the fact we win when I am not there is significant...

I was appalled to see BR comparing Jem to Makelele though. Not in the same league and it is sickening to see the Chelski crap continuing.

It may be early days but something tells me we need to ditch BR soon to give a new man time to assess what we need in the window - if there are any funds available... and how come we have been told year on year that funds were available only to be now told we were losing so much cash that we had to have a sale of all decent players?

I would NOT have bought an ST if I had known we would be fielding a reserve team this season. I will not have an ST next season - in fact what would the attendance be if so many had not been suckered into buying STs?

League 1 beckons and it may actually be the appropriate level for small time clubs like Reading.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 04 Oct 2009 15:07

Winchester Royal wrote; Don't understand the stick Howard is getting, thought he was at the centre of everything good we did yesterday, and helped the midfield tick.

The problem for him was that in O'Neill Boro have the best CM in the division

WR I do not know what game you watched yesterday.. Howard performance was not existant he was missing in the 1st half loosing the battle against O'Neil and was put on the left side of in the 2nd in a 4-4-2 system to spend time in the wilderness.

O'Neil is a class act but Nolan at Newcastle is better.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Oct 2009 15:40

First half I thought we competed fairly well but the quality of the final ball was desperate. Especially when you only have one up front, you simply hace to deliver good balls. How many good openings did we get where the winger failed to beat the first man, or looped an aimless cross beyond the far post?

Second half was clueless, not a lot more to be said about it than that.

Oh and the Leroy love-in was fcking embarrassign too, but i'm going to find somewhere else on the board to moan about that. He was claiming the first goal by the way, so may have notched twice.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 17:16

Maguire First half I thought we competed fairly well but the quality of the final ball was desperate. Especially when you only have one up front, you simply hace to deliver good balls. How many good openings did we get where the winger failed to beat the first man, or looped an aimless cross beyond the far post?

Second half was clueless, not a lot more to be said about it than that.

Oh and the Leroy love-in was fcking embarrassign too, but i'm going to find somewhere else on the board to moan about that. He was claiming the first goal by the way, so may have notched twice.

Having seen the goals on tv, Lita has a very good claim to the first. A huge LOL at the East Stand for all wanting to give Lita a good noshing! Embarrassing is not the word.

Boredom set in for me yesterday. It was amongst the most aimless, pointless, tedious and tepid football I have seen Reading reproduce since the halcyon days of Ian Porterfield. Everyone looked disinterested and clueless.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Oct 2009 17:24

I was in the North Stand pretty close to it and Lita was shouting "I scored, I scored" as St. Ledger went off celebrating. He also "apologised" to the Reading fans so it must have hit him on the way in.

Second goal was ridiculous - good goal, sure, but then he went on an 80 yd sprint, milked it for all it was worth with the away fans and then when the East started to have a go he blew a kiss and applauded so they all started singing "Leroy, Leroy" like a load of retarded sheep. I would've told him to fck right off. If you want to be respectful then score and walk back to the halfway line, don't oxf*rd yourself off for five minutes in front of the home fans. Reading fans are gimps.

Dont' see why he didn't bring Marek on. Craziness.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Oct 2009 17:29

Maguire I was in the North Stand pretty close to it and Lita was shouting "I scored, I scored" as St. Ledger went off celebrating. He also "apologised" to the Reading fans so it must have hit him on the way in.

Second goal was ridiculous - good goal, sure, but then he went on an 80 yd sprint, milked it for all it was worth with the away fans and then when the East started to have a go he blew a kiss and applauded so they all started singing "Leroy, Leroy" like a load of retarded sheep. I would've told him to fck right off. If you want to be respectful then score and walk back to the halfway line, don't oxf*rd yourself off for five minutes in front of the home fans. Reading fans are gimps.

How close do you sit? I sit quite close to the goal and didn't here anything and all I saw was St.Ledger scoring.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Oct 2009 17:34

LoyalRoyalFan
Maguire I was in the North Stand pretty close to it and Lita was shouting "I scored, I scored" as St. Ledger went off celebrating. He also "apologised" to the Reading fans so it must have hit him on the way in.

How close do you sit? I sit quite close to the goal and didn't here anything and all I saw was St.Ledger scoring.

Row N. I called Lita as the scorer straight away as I could lip read him. It also clearly got a deflection somewhere on the way in. He then ran over to the huddle of Boro players and told St Ledger he'd scored.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Oct 2009 17:36

Maguire
LoyalRoyalFan

Row N. I called Lita as the scorer straight away as I could lip read him. It also clearly got a deflection somewhere on the way in. He then ran over to the huddle of Boro players and told St Ledger he'd scored.

Fair enough. I sit quite close and didn't hear anything.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Oct 2009 17:46

Maguire Second goal was ridiculous - good goal, sure, but then he went on an 80 yd sprint, milked it for all it was worth with the away fans and then when the East started to have a go he blew a kiss and applauded so they all started singing "Leroy, Leroy" like a load of retarded sheep. I would've told him to fck right off. If you want to be respectful then score and walk back to the halfway line, don't oxf*rd yourself off for five minutes in front of the home fans. Reading fans are gimps.

In all fairness, I think a lot of that was really a bit of a dig from frustrated fans at the lack of goals our own team are producing rather than any real hero worship of a player who performed in fits and bursts at Reading; here is one you let go for nothing, he can stick the ball in the back of the net why can't our players? Lita > any of our current crop of strikers.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 04 Oct 2009 17:51

Two centre backs on the bench sums up BR's confusion.

And the ironic thing is our CBs got ripped to shreds yet still neither Mills or Pearce got on (although, to be fair, they've both been dog crap so far this season).

Winchester, Howard was dreadful. Again. Gets the ball, puts his head down and then just runs into trouble. And falls over a lot. And he's slow. And passing not too great. Can he shoot? Oh, yeah, he once scored against liverpool. Brilliant.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Oct 2009 18:18

utter dogshit

worst performance of the year for me, and thats saying something

only karacan, and nhunt came out with any credit

even the usually solid bryn gave a terrible first half, improved second half, but by then everyone else had given up

poo poo poo poo

fish and chips were good at half time though!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Oct 2009 18:20

So....how many RTG's/BR groupies do we have left now??? I can only count Royalee and winchester_royal at the moment and possibly Sun Tzu who rarely makes a criticism.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 04 Oct 2009 18:24

Royal Lady So....how many RTG's/BR groupies do we have left now??? I can only count Royalee and winchester_royal at the moment and possibly Sun Tzu who rarely makes a criticism.

You're forgetting the resident village idiot. I believe he still thinks things are magnificent compared to the previous manager's reign.

He's a retard though TBF.

204 posts