Back From The Game - Middlesbrough (H)

204 posts
tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Back From The Game - Middlesbrough (H)

by tomrfcurz » 03 Oct 2009 17:29

2 Words: RELEGATION SCRAP

I honestly thought (maybe hoped is a better word) that the Preston 2-1 victory would change us. But no back to the Mad Stad, back to same old same old shocking home results. We weren't amazingly bad today but yet again we certainly didn't play amazingly well at all, i still don't think McAnuff looks half bad and if we are to do anything this season, can see him playing a part. Was listening to BBC Radio Berkshire on my way to the game and they said often players coming back from injury, referring to Ingimarsson, have one or two good games then a bad patch, signs of that coming for the captain today. Terribly worried about this season and will someone please get rid of Back The Boys And Make Some Noise C'mon URZ it makes me: :oops:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back From The Game - Middlesbrough (H)

by rob the royal » 03 Oct 2009 17:32

thought this for weeks and keep thinking that it's me and i know nothing about football and that eventually things will come together.

things aren't coming together. we were lucky to escape deepdale with 3 points the other night and we were awful today.

rodgers: sort it out. we don't have the players to do what you want to do and to make ridiculous tactical changes that only people playing football manager would ever try. so go simple and let's make sure we don't get relegated. do that and then buy some better players than you have done and then try all your fancy tactics and all will be forgiven. but please don't sacrifice our championship status for your ego.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 03 Oct 2009 17:37

rob the royal rodgers: sort it out. we don't have the players to do what you want to do and to make ridiculous tactical changes that only people playing football manager would ever try. so go simple and let's make sure we don't get relegated. do that and then buy some better players than you have done and then try all your fancy tactics and all will be forgiven. but please don't sacrifice our championship status for your ego.

Who played well and didn't? I think the players deserve as much of the blame as Rodgers as they need to start showing their potential. The trouble at the moment is that the players we have don't seem to fit in with any formation or system we play which is not just down to Rodgers.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 03 Oct 2009 17:42

I was there at Elm Park
rob the royal rodgers: sort it out. we don't have the players to do what you want to do and to make ridiculous tactical changes that only people playing football manager would ever try. so go simple and let's make sure we don't get relegated. do that and then buy some better players than you have done and then try all your fancy tactics and all will be forgiven. but please don't sacrifice our championship status for your ego.

Who played well and didn't? I think the players deserve as much of the blame as Rodgers as they need to start showing their potential. The trouble at the moment is that the players we have don't seem to fit in with any formation or system we play which is not just down to Rodgers.

federici was poor. i like him but he was poor

bertrand wasn't his usual confident self
centre backs were ok
cummings is poo

kebe was rubbish. i think the guy could really do well if he got it all sorted but have to admit he was dreadful.
howard went missing second half
karacan pretty decent
gunnarsson - the usual, he gets a run in the team and then shows himself up
mcanuff - had a go. but guilty of doing a kebe several times, but everyone was too busy getting on kebe's back to notice.

church? - no i'm a muslim.

hunt - had a real go
sigurdsson - as above

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Oct 2009 17:56

Has anyone else noticed or is it just me that Federici never ever comes off his line when there's a cross or corner. Just before their first goal, I was going 'Oh dear, Federici is going to stay on his line and they'll score an easy goal'. He's just got to learn to come out and claim them. Otherwise, he's a really decent keeper.

Thought the whole team was poor first and second half, particularly second half. Only one who came out with some credit is Karajan who battled hard - sure he'll get dropped now.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 03 Oct 2009 17:57

Absolutely shocking.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 03 Oct 2009 17:57

Hunt, Ingimarsson and Karacan were OK. The rest were a shower of shite.

I'm a perennail RTG, but that was naive, gutless, woeful, inept and embarassing.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Oct 2009 18:00

Armadillo Roadkill Hunt, Ingimarsson and Karacan were OK. The rest were a shower of shite.

I'm a perennail RTG, but that was naive, gutless, woeful, inept and embarassing.

Agree - was a BR faithful till today; that was shocking. Just can't understand where Rasiak was; and I just can't believe that Marek would be worse than Howard, but BR obviously doesn't think so.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Oct 2009 18:01

tomrfcurz 2 Words: RELEGATION SCRAP

Um no, we didn't even scrap ffs.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 03 Oct 2009 18:02

Royalwaster
Armadillo Roadkill Hunt, Ingimarsson and Karacan were OK. The rest were a shower of shite.

Agree - was a BR faithful till today; that was shocking. Just can't understand where Rasiak was; and I just can't believe that Marek would be worse than Howard, but BR obviously doesn't think so.

Rasiak was injured.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 03 Oct 2009 18:03

Let's face it.No matter what your persuasion,that was embarrassing.Still be at the Bush though on 20 October.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 03 Oct 2009 18:04

SLAMMED Absolutely shocking.

High voltage shock???

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Oct 2009 18:04

Can anyone recall a worse performance this century than what we saw today? Pathetic and abysmal, almost entirely devoid of quality and the tactics were absolutely barking; you know you are in trouble when Gunnarsson is your f*cking play-maker. Rodgers has probably already lost the crowd, the sarcastic cheers which went up when we finally registered our first shot on target in the 90 minute is indicative of this.

Before the game on the local radio there was another ghastly and pompous interview with Madejski where he crowd about how well run this club is. Sh*tting away all your TV money on huge wages and poor signings and blindly stumbling towards a second relegation in three years isn't an example of being well run, Mr Mad.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Oct 2009 18:05

floyd__streete Can anyone recall a worse performance this century than what we saw today? Pathetic and abysmal, almost entirely devoid of quality and the tactics were absolutely barking; you know you are in trouble when Gunnarsson is your f*cking play-maker. Rodgers has probably already lost the crowd, the sarcastic cheers which went up when we finally registered our first shot on target in the 90 minute is indicative of this.

Before the game on the local radio there was another ghastly and pompous interview with Madejski where he crowd about how well run this club is. Sh*tting away all your TV money on huge wages and poor signings and blindly stumbling towards a second relegation in three years isn't an example of being well run, Mr Mad.

Run into the ground ... :D

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Oct 2009 18:06

floyd__streete Can anyone recall a worse performance this century than what we saw today? Pathetic and abysmal, almost entirely devoid of quality and the tactics were absolutely barking; you know you are in trouble when Gunnarsson is your f*cking play-maker. Rodgers has probably already lost the crowd, the sarcastic cheers which went up when we finally registered our first shot on target in the 90 minute is indicative of this.

You missed out selling your entire first team squad as well. Hth.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Oct 2009 18:06

I was there at Elm Park
Rasiak was injured.

What is his injury?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 Oct 2009 18:06

I want our (relatively) experienced pros back in the side, and given a few games to try to turn this around.

Ingimarsson, Cisse, Matejovsky, Tabb, Kebe, Hunt, even Long. All in the team for our next game. I want an in-form Henry back from Millwall as an attacking option on the bench, and I want Mr Reading back from Sheffield United.

I'm so fcuking fed up with being shit, week in, week out.

Federici
Bertrand
Ingimarsson
Cisse
Kelly
McAnuff
Matejovsky
Tabb
Kebe
Hunt
Long

Are all these players fit? If so, that's my line-up.

Harper, Henry, Karacan, Pearce, Hamer, Church, Gunnarsson on the bench.

boyal royal

by boyal royal » 03 Oct 2009 18:15

I thought we played really well to come back from 2-0 down brilliant really nervous when Viduka"s goal was ruled out for offside!! oh sorry been in a coma for three years, that was utter shit!! Rodgers youth team manager at best hasn't got a clue. What do his assistants do to assist him I don't know.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Oct 2009 18:16

boyal royal I thought we played really well to come back from 2-0 down brilliant really nervous when Viduka"s goal was ruled out for offside!! oh sorry been in a coma for three years, that was utter shit!! Rodgers youth team manager at best hasn't got a clue. What do his assistants do to assist him I don't know.
I've been asking this practically all season and no-one seems to know the answer.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 03 Oct 2009 18:17

I thought us fans today were patiently awesome, showing real class with Lita and real humour with the ironic shot cheering at the end. I thought a better final irony than booing would be to sing again 'where's the money gone' thus showing what the real message was before we were peddled out the financial statement, that was never going to show the club in any bad light anyway, was it.

However what'll come first from:

Rogers out
Madejeski out

Or maybe even another volley of 'where's the money gone'.
Last edited by Stevie G on 03 Oct 2009 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

204 posts