Lita 1 C@nt Hammond 0

Forest Gump

Lita 1 C@nt Hammond 0

by Forest Gump » 03 Oct 2009 21:22

I have no idea why the plank of a DoF is still at the Club. we don't need one and if we did it would need to be someone with at least the barest of knowledge about the game.

Anyway,today was Lita'a day at our expense and I don't blame him. The way this club has treated most ex-players in the past is enough to motivate them adequately enough to want revenge.

Hamhead wouldn't recognise a good player if he had C. Ronaldo on his back.

REALROYAL

Re: Lita 1 C@nt Hammond 0

by REALROYAL » 03 Oct 2009 21:25

The best striker on the pitch, was a player we let go for free.. Says it all about RFC... oxf*rd

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Oct 2009 21:29

REALROYAL The best striker on the pitch, was a player we let go for free.. Says it all about RFC... oxf*rd-oxf*rd-oxf*rd

How many times must it be said? Lita was not released or "let go for free" - he refused to sign a new contract! :roll:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 03 Oct 2009 21:31

was he offered a new contract?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Oct 2009 21:34

weybridgewanderer was he offered a new contract?

Will we ever know the answer to that?

Having let the dust settle and start to recover from the utter bollox on show earlier, it is a bit of a shame that he didn't make a bee line for the middle of the West Stand and point to the Directors Box of cup his hands behind his ears.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 03 Oct 2009 21:35

He had his first contract offer half way through the first season in the prem? He certainly had two or three since then, tbf did he not have the slimey Sky Andrews as his agent so a move to another club was a banker, which may have explained his reluctance to sign.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 03 Oct 2009 21:35

Dirk Gently
REALROYAL The best striker on the pitch, was a player we let go for free.. Says it all about RFC... oxf*rd-oxf*rd-oxf*rd

How many times must it be said? Lita was not released or "let go for free" - he refused to sign a new contract! :roll:

But rightly or wrongly he received no encouragement to stay.

(Although bearing in mind the apocalyptic nature of the Club's finances as revealed this week there was no way that players of his value/cost would have been allowed to stay at the club)

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Oct 2009 21:40

wolsey
Dirk Gently

But rightly or wrongly he received no encouragement to stay.

(Although bearing in mind the apocalyptic nature of the Club's finances as revealed this week there was no way that players of his value/cost would have been allowed to stay at the club)

This says it all. And people complain that we didn't invest after finishing 8th in the prem. There is your answer. Wouldn't surprise me if SSC was only toeing the party line and saying what he was told to say.

REALROYAL

by REALROYAL » 03 Oct 2009 21:45

Dirk Gently

I dont think that is right..? and maybe if you are right. If you were Lita sent out on loan couldnt get in the first team would you re-sign?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 03 Oct 2009 21:49

Anyone really think the guy would be the answer to our problems?

Certainly wasn't the last 2 seasons.

The clubs made mistakes these last few years, not sure this really is one of them.

I know he scored today, but he's hardly set the world alight up there, playing in a team that provide a lot more service than we do...

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 03 Oct 2009 21:51

REALROYAL
Dirk Gently

I don't think that is right..? and maybe if you are right. If you were Lita sent out on loan couldn't get in the first team would you re-sign?

He was sent out on loan because he wasn't in the team and he wanted to play. Lita needed a fresh start and that was probably why we released him (no contract was offered to him this summer). Also, with our now obvious financial problems would it have been worth offering a much decreased contract to the likes of Lita, Murts, USA, etc. only for them to turn it down and accuse the club of showing a lack of respect? Probably best for all parties to move on as peacefully and respectfully as possible.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 03 Oct 2009 21:51

Lita himself or on the instruction of his agent did not want to sign a contract for 18 months - Coppell and the club couldn't really build anything round a player who didn't want to be here and whose behaviour off the pitch indicated that he just wasn't a player who was going to contribute anything other than discord to the team.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Oct 2009 23:31

Dirk Gently

No doubt due to the peanuts on offer!

Ducks*rse wanted him out, along with all the other high earners.

Still, with crowds dropping they'll soon be able to save even more in wages.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Oct 2009 23:44

I'm sorry. This is all bollocks.

Lita didn't really do it for us- and certainly not in the last 2 seasons where he was sh*t quite frankly. Up to his goal he was shockingly wasteful.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Oct 2009 23:57

Not in the summer, no, but he was offered a renewal around last Jan - we never do renewals when they run out, we always do them 6 months or so in advance.

But never forget that we were doing pretty well in January last year before Lita came back from loan and completely soured everything in the dressing room. The rest is history....

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Oct 2009 01:51

leon I'm sorry. This is all bollocks.

Lita didn't really do it for us- and certainly not in the last 2 seasons where he was sh*t quite frankly. Up to his goal he was shockingly wasteful.

+1

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 04 Oct 2009 01:54

True, but still n times more likely to score than anyone in a blue and white shirt

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Oct 2009 01:58

2 world wars, 1 world cup

+1
I'm no Lita lover but, on todays performance, the Boro' move was the best thing for him

A cracking goal

Terrorised our defence.........made them look embarressingly poor.......not bad for a "muvva" who

was sh*t quite frankly +1 to quote.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2009 02:40

REALROYAL
Dirk Gently

I dont think that is right..? and maybe if you are right. If you were Lita sent out on loan couldnt get in the first team would you re-sign?

You appear to forget he was dogshit every time he played for us for 2 years. So he scored against us today. Not exactly set the world alight for M'boro either. He's got the same number of goals as Church or Hunt, in half as many appearances again.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 04 Oct 2009 08:53

To be honest it doesn't take much of a player to terrorise our defence at the moment.

Lita was never part of SSC's plans. The fact we agreed a fee for him with Sheff United last season should tell everyone what they need to know.

Lita knew he would available for a big fat signing on fee in the close season so chose not to go to Bramhall Lane. He was never going to stay here.