Alternatives

160 posts
Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Alternatives

by Row Z Royal » 04 Oct 2009 16:03

I'm not calling for Rodgers' head, nor even for him to be sacked, but being invited to FLOLoyd's "Rodgers out" FB group has set the thought.

Who, if Rodgers isn't your man, is? What's the alternative?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Alternatives

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 16:08

Makes no difference what you, me or the gatepost think. Our next manager, whenever appointed, will be cheap. Forget about any big name managers coming in. The last one we had oxf*rd up and got us into the Premier League.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 04 Oct 2009 16:09

Terminal Boardom Makes no difference what you, me or the gatepost think. Our next manager, whenever appointed, will be cheap. Forget about any big name managers coming in. The last one we had oxf*rd up and got us into the Premier League.

So why change then?

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 04 Oct 2009 16:14

Steve Coppell.

However unlikely, I would like to see him back.

Nobody or nothing is worse then the fool with a tank top and big watch that we have right now.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 16:15

If you read elsewhere I have nailed my colours firmly to the mast. If there is a change it will occur by the end of November. This allows the club to do their usual delaying tactics when it comes to appointing a new man. He will need to make an assessment of the squad which he can do in December. Therefore, when the transfer window opens, he has a pretty good idea of what is needed.

I really can not see the club getting rid of Big Watch Man. It would cost too much in compensation and The Man with Big Hair will not want to look like a tit who made the wrong appointment.

I have resigned myself to shit football and bollocks being preached by the club for the rest of this season for starters.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Oct 2009 16:17

Row Z Royal I'm not calling for Rodgers' head, nor even for him to be sacked, but being invited to FLOLoyd's "Rodgers out" FB group has set the thought.

Not my group m8, but I saw it and I liked it and I thought that you might too 8)

I wanted Pards in the summer. Tbh, anyone who would play a straight-forward 4-4-f*cking-2 and keep us in this division for the next 2 or 3 seasons whilst this so-called superb crop of young players :roll: that we have mature into the world-beaters they will no-doubt become.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 04 Oct 2009 16:20

Shouldn't have bothered with this thread - instead of a constructive list of potential replacements, it's just going to be another thread of Rodgers-bashing.

Saying "anyone but Rodgers" doesn't mean anything.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2009 16:24

Coppell
Curbishley - who I wanted originally
Ferguson, D
Parkinson...

What's Dariusz doing these days? He was pretty successful abroad for a while. :lol:

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 04 Oct 2009 16:25

I wanted Curbs but it would have cost Mad a bunce. We are fcuked anyway; Mad will stick with Brenda until it is too late this season. He will not release any funds in the transfer window and we will go down. The club is fcuked.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 16:27

Alternatives?

I would like us to get Arsene Wenger. I reckon he is the only manager capable of getting our bunch of misfits to actually play like a team.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 04 Oct 2009 16:28

Row Z Royal Shouldn't have bothered with this thread - instead of a constructive list of potential replacements, it's just going to be another thread of Rodgers-bashing.

Saying "anyone but Rodgers" doesn't mean anything.

True. I think I may have to retreat from the team board for a while.

I understand how soul destroying it is watching a bad home defeat but we really need to get some perspective here chaps...

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 04 Oct 2009 16:36

floyd__streete
Row Z Royal I'm not calling for Rodgers' head, nor even for him to be sacked, but being invited to FLOLoyd's "Rodgers out" FB group has set the thought.

Not my group m8, but I saw it and I liked it and I thought that you might too 8)

I wanted Pards in the summer. Tbh, anyone who would play a straight-forward 4-4-f*cking-2 and keep us in this division for the next 2 or 3 seasons whilst this so-called superb crop of young players :roll: that we have mature into the world-beaters they will no-doubt become.

Mike Basset :wink:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Oct 2009 16:48

A radical choice would be Gabriella Benson. A proven manageress who has performed well on the big stage.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 04 Oct 2009 16:49

Terminal Boardom If you read elsewhere I have nailed my colours firmly to the mast. If there is a change it will occur by the end of November. This allows the club to do their usual delaying tactics when it comes to appointing a new man. He will need to make an assessment of the squad which he can do in December. Therefore, when the transfer window opens, he has a pretty good idea of what is needed.

I really can not see the club getting rid of Big Watch Man. It would cost too much in compensation and The Man with Big Hair will not want to look like a tit who made the wrong appointment.

I have resigned myself to shit football and bollocks being preached by the club for the rest of this season for starters.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. The Man Man has far too much ego to admit he was wrong in signing BR, and becasue of the compensation money he will never sack him.

Our best hope for change this season is for this mythical sale to go ahead. Frankly it's hard to see the attraction of the club at present, although the hotel might be of more interest. The asking price of £80M being bandied about is also nonsense. No-one in their right mind would pay that sort of money for the club as it currently stands. The last published accounts showed total assets less current liabilities of £26.6M, so quite where the Mad Man gets £80M from is a joke. That's a hell of a goodwill premium!!

So expect much much more of this shite for the next 3 years. By then BR might have found his proper management level, somewhere mid-League 2 I'd guess.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 05 Oct 2009 13:13

Uke A radical choice would be Gabriella Benson. A proven manageress who has performed well on the big stage.

I refer you to Eleanor Aldroyd's Fighting Talk-winning DTI on Saturday.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Oct 2009 13:44

If it comes to it......

Eddie Howe or Lee Clark.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 05 Oct 2009 13:53

Terminal Boardom If you read elsewhere I have nailed my colours firmly to the mast. If there is a change it will occur by the end of November. This allows the club to do their usual delaying tactics when it comes to appointing a new man. He will need to make an assessment of the squad which he can do in December. Therefore, when the transfer window opens, he has a pretty good idea of what is needed.

same. just hope he can keep us up.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Oct 2009 13:58

winchester_royal If it comes to it......

Eddie Howe or Lee Clark.

Oh that is spot on.....let us replace our young and inexperienced manager with another young and inexperienced manager with absolutely zero experience of managing in the Championship :|

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Oct 2009 14:02

I still think Rodgers was a good appointment.

He's struggling a bit to find the right mix obviously, but considering the situation the club were in, and the fact that we couldn't get Fergie Jnr, Rodgers had all the right credentials and most importantly for me really wanted the job.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Oct 2009 14:30

Row Z Royal
Uke A radical choice would be Gabriella Benson. A proven manageress who has performed well on the big stage.

I refer you to Eleanor Aldroyd's Fighting Talk-winning DTI on Saturday.

But Gabriella has a genuine connection with RFC as the first woman manager of a British professional football team

160 posts