Alternatives

160 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Alternatives

by Ian Royal » 06 Oct 2009 21:10

Man Friday
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Ideal They'd have to come sue me in Norway anyway.

They wouldn't. If the slander is made in England, they can sue you in England.

Drama Queen. Pardew's lawyers are really going to dredge up some random comments on a fans website that 50 people see so that it gets brought to the attention of thousands of people via newspapers, etc. :roll:

Fans websites have been sued before. We weren't far shy of 4000 usernames last time I looked, plus all the people that read Team but haven't registered.

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 06 Oct 2009 21:39

Man Friday
Ideal They'd have to come sue me in Norway anyway.

They wouldn't. If the slander is made in England, they can sue you in England.

Drama Queen. Pardew's lawyers are really going to dredge up some random comments on a fans website that 50 people see so that it gets brought to the attention of thousands of people via newspapers, etc. :roll:

The odds of Pardew trying to sue him are virtually zero. That still doesn't make what I said untrue.

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 06 Oct 2009 21:42

Ideal
Ideal Also people seem to not take into account that ALLEGEDLY (UNCONFIRMED RUMOURS SAY THAT... etc) Pardew in fact slept with some of the players' wives, and I am pretty sure that decimated any morale and team spirit left in that squad,.

yeah, just imagine being one of the players whose wife Pardew didn't want. What jealously that'd spark.

The odds of there being any truth in that story are so short they'd be picked on by wee Jimmy Krankie.

Where do you think I heard this in the first place? Oh, that's right, on this forum AGES AGO.

Well if you heard it on hob nob then I take it all back. I had it down as one of those always reliable "...a mate down the pub told me..." stories, but it sounds hugely plausible now.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 06 Oct 2009 21:49

Ideal Any experienced manager would have had a settled starting XI by now, any experienced manager would have nailed down a system by now,

Like Roy Keane has done.

Like Paul Hart has done

Like Billy Davis and Paul Jewell did at Wigan

Like SAF did in his early days at Man Utd

The list goes on.

Everything is just so simple in Idealworld..... luckily.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Oct 2009 22:11

howser Eddie Howe from Bournemouth, done an amazing job keeping them up last year and has carried on this year.

Spot on.

Ryn

by Ryn » 07 Oct 2009 07:38

I think the real danger is that one of the 3 teams below us sack their manager, and start to sort it out, pulling out of the danger zone and leaving us firmly in it.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Oct 2009 08:39

Rev Algenon Stickleback H The odds of Pardew trying to sue him are virtually zero. That still doesn't make what I said untrue.

Fair enough.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Oct 2009 08:42

Ian Royal Fans websites have been sued before. We weren't far shy of 4000 usernames last time I looked, plus all the people that read Team but haven't registered.

Again, fair enough. (We might start suing one another for some of the defamatory remarks!)
Last edited by Man Friday on 07 Oct 2009 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 07 Oct 2009 08:56

Ryn I think the real danger is that one of the 3 teams below us sack their manager, and start to sort it out, pulling out of the danger zone and leaving us firmly in it.

Barnsley have already done it.

I think the best alternative is for Rodgers to try and get in an experienced right back during the international break and get Hunt / Rasiak / Long / Church scoring goals for fun in training.

Our side should be IMO either:

Federici
Bertrand
O'Dea
Ingimarsson
RB TBC

Karacan

Sigurdsson
Matejovsky

McAnuff
Hunt / Rasiak / Church / Long
Kebe

OR

Federici

Bertrand
O'Dea
Ingimarsson
RB TBC

McAnuff
Karacan
Matejovsky / Sigurdsson
Kebe

Any combo of Church, Mooney, Hunt, Rasiak or Long

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Oct 2009 09:00

Big Foot I think the best alternative is for Rodgers to try and get in an experienced right back during the international break

I think he needs to play Jelly in that position first (if he's fit).
Last edited by Wycombe Royal on 07 Oct 2009 09:07, edited 1 time in total.

Ryn

by Ryn » 07 Oct 2009 09:03

Eek! Bad quoting! I didn't write that! ;)

I'm not worried about the team so much, we have a starting 11 than can get us to mid-table. We just need someone to manage them now.

When Ipshit sack Keano, they might be able to get hold of someone decent and pull up the league. If we don't follow suit, and employ someone with a bit of savvy, we're in the shit.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Oct 2009 09:07

Ryn Eek! Bad quoting! I didn't write that! ;)

Sorry :oops: Fixed.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Oct 2009 09:19

Ideal Funny how you can add "short term" to the word success, and then make out success to be a bad thing, something undesirable.
Fact of the matter is that in league play you have to consistantly pick up points, or you may in fact end up relegated.
I can tell you obviously have some sort of semi-religious blind faith optimism where you blindly believe that Rodgers will comfortably turn this around any moment now.
Contrary to what you believe, I think this is as good as it gets. Rodgers lacks the experience to pick a decent starting XI, he lacks the experience to establish a settled tactic, establish a consistant system which we should play regularly, and he obviously is not very good at judging players abilities.
Your entire argument is seemingly founded on the basis of this turning around any moment now, just given a few months more time and this relegationparty will instantly be transformed into world beaters by the master tactician with the bumper book of tactics and the world class model.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see that happening.
Wake up and smell the coffee. You are deluded.

I really don't know what your on about!

I've no blind faith in Rodgers at all but I do appreciate the size of the job in hand. I think he's made a few mistakes so far, but can see the logic behind his thinking, and I think his transfer dealings could be slightly improved, but that doesn't mean he won't make a success of it long term.

You're right we need to pick up points throughout the season, but realistically this side isn't going to be challanging the play offs and it's going to take them, and the new manager, a bit of time to find their feet at this level with a whole new side.

Getting rid of a manager now is just not the right way to go about it when the job isn't to be top of the league right now, but to rebuild a squad for a stable long term future.

friday fan

by friday fan » 07 Oct 2009 09:53

I don't post much but feel compelled to.

Firstly I stated pre season in the kids will be alright thread the fact we would struggle and we are.

Issues

Sacking the manager will cost 2 million or thereabouts. 2 million on players a better option.

We need another good keeper to push feds. The defence needs to be settled and strengthened. We stop leaking goals and turn losses into at least draws.

We need a good out and out goal poacher - if I suggested a few names i'm sure I'd get slated but here goes. Viduka on a pay as you play basis. A while ago I suggested Josh Kennedy from Wolfsburg now in Japan, a towering player in the mould of Viduka. I live in Australia right now and the A league is now a reasonable standard and an abundance of players will be looking for loan deals as the season here finishes in Feb/March. Some of the players would jump at a chance to keep their international prospects alive in a world cup year for example Cullina at the Gold Coast (ex dutch football) Smeltz a proven goal scorer and Matt Simon from CC Mariners these are just a few names and will not be expensive but will be available in Jan transfer widow.

The Director of football - get rid of Hammond, if he chose Rodgers then he deserves to be the fall guy not Rodgers. Finally the chairman must go and the sale of the club to a decent investor is in the best interest of the club and the fans but that is up to Sir JM.

Now I'm preparing to get slated :|

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Oct 2009 10:06

friday fan The Director of football - get rid of Hammond, if he chose Rodgers then he deserves to be the fall guy not Rodgers.

I don't get that one. How would sacking the DOF and keeping the failing manager improve us? Would Rodgers suddenly start performing if Hammond is sacked?

I suppose Madejski should have gone when he appointed Bullivant and he should have gone again when he appointed Burns.

:roll:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 07 Oct 2009 10:09

friday fan I don't post much but feel compelled to.

Firstly I stated pre season in the kids will be alright thread the fact we would struggle and we are.

Issues

Sacking the manager will cost 2 million or thereabouts. 2 million on players a better option.

We need another good keeper to push feds. The defence needs to be settled and strengthened. We stop leaking goals and turn losses into at least draws.

We need a good out and out goal poacher - if I suggested a few names i'm sure I'd get slated but here goes. Viduka on a pay as you play basis. A while ago I suggested Josh Kennedy from Wolfsburg now in Japan, a towering player in the mould of Viduka. I live in Australia right now and the A league is now a reasonable standard and an abundance of players will be looking for loan deals as the season here finishes in Feb/March. Some of the players would jump at a chance to keep their international prospects alive in a world cup year for example Cullina at the Gold Coast (ex dutch football) Smeltz a proven goal scorer and Matt Simon from CC Mariners these are just a few names and will not be expensive but will be available in Jan transfer widow.

The Director of football - get rid of Hammond, if he chose Rodgers then he deserves to be the fall guy not Rodgers. Finally the chairman must go and the sale of the club to a decent investor is in the best interest of the club and the fans but that is up to Sir JM.

Now I'm preparing to get slated :|

Don;t think you've said anything to deserve slating, in fact some very interesting comments on Aussie options !

Not sure Viduka makes much sense. He's years past his best and it would be a classic case of throwing money away. For what he'd want a week we could get two good, young, motivated players.

In terms of keepers I can't see your point. Hamer is a very good keeper, Andersen is doing well on loan and of all the positions keeper is the one where the concept of 'pushing' a player works the least. Federici has made very few errors and if anything needs to know his place is secure so he can relax, build his confidence and develop. I don;t think signing (say ) Ashdown from Pompey and telling Federici that his place is at risk and if he makes any mistakes he's out would do any good at all. If Fed has a poor run of games then Hamer can step in - no question.

The SJM point is a bit redundant. Your about 10 years behind what he has himself being saying. Presumably you have a name to put forward as a buyer ?

friday fan

by friday fan » 07 Oct 2009 10:19

in addition to my post suggesting Aussie players due to the end of the season being in Feb/March what about the Americans doesn't their MSL end early ala Becks going on loan, must be some good players to get on loan from there. Sacking Hammond will finally be pushing the blame to where it belongs. keeping Rodgers is an economic decision, perhaps the back room staff need to be looked at what does Lampard senior do. From what I have heard fitness training is needed as we seem to wilt in the second half

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 07 Oct 2009 10:58

winchester_royal
floyd__streete
winchester_royal If it comes to it......

Eddie Howe or Lee Clark.

Oh that is spot on.....let us replace our young and inexperienced manager with another young and inexperienced manager with absolutely zero experience of managing in the Championship :|

Yet when your fellow STG mentions Paul Tisdale you neglect to pick him up on that.

No doubt you'd probably welcome Ferguson jnr. who is similarly inexperienced at champ level.

Howe has worked wonders with Bournemouth, and to discard him because he is 'inexperienced' is filth.

How experienced was Pardew?

I think the thing with Howe though is that hes got Bournemouth on a run because the players are all with him as he was club captain and was the emergency stop gap manager when the players knew they were f**ked
The players seemed to just club together and help themselves out of trouble and wanted to do it for their ex player buddy Howe

This runs still going now but even harder with the minature squad they have avaliable
I think its more of a player mentality thing down there which has seen them help Howe get them out of trouble
I wonder what he'd be like at another club where he was'nt one of the old boys

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 07 Oct 2009 16:32

Ideal
friday fan Sacking the manager will cost 2 million or thereabouts. 2 million on players a better option.

Oh yeah, that worked well the last time.
Mills - £2 million.

Good luck with that.

FFS, Mills - £1.1m.

Unless you think we're going up any time soon.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Oct 2009 20:44

FFS, we have committed to spending £2m on him, regardless of how much he cost upfront, we still have to have accounted to be able to pay the whole fee.

You can't just pay the bit upfront and hope you'll find the rest later if it becomes due.

Do you actually have more than 3 braincells?

160 posts