Terminal Boardom
Cpl Jones Dont panic Good call for Joe Kinnear

His heart won't be in it :oops:

:roll: :lol:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: alternatives to brenda

by howser » 17 Oct 2009 22:07

STRAP.......spot on there is something very wrong within the football club, and it has been that way for a couple of years now, the financial statement that was released was very flimsy and I for one see it as something that was done to quieten the fans, making it look look we would have been in desperate trouble if we had invested and stayed in the Prem

There is no doubt in my mind that a large amount of the money that has come into the club has been used on the Hotel and other infastructure facilities with a view to the eventual sale of he club, as certainly we are not an attractive proposition, on the footballing front, sitting fourth from bottom, to any possible investor.

We have been ground down to where we are now, by penny pinching methods, from an owner who admits he is not a footballing man, he has used the past few years success to promote himself, with very litttle interest into the bread and butter football that has put him in the media spotlight, which makes his idiotic comment that he wants to get back to the Premiership "whatever the cost" together when we sign a player the now familiar "this signing shows the determination of the club"..................utter rubbish !!

We are close to falling into the bottom three and do not seem like we have, if we do so, the desire or effort to correct that. What a rollercoaster it has been over the past few years from when Madejski took control, and if we are not vey careful he will leave us where he found us.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 17 Oct 2009 22:09

There are none.
Who is going to make a real difference to a club that is being run down as a business before it is sold? I cannot believe that there will be any real investment in January or beyond. I dont blame the manager for this situation, it has been forced upon him and us. We are expected to pay our hard earned cash based on the empty promises from SJM. I feel cheated, not by Rogers but by our owner. I've poured thousands into this club over the last five years.They keep telling us that the club is really well run. Well it doesn't look like it to me. Has anyone noticed that we have gone from 8th in the Premier league to the rim of league one. Who sanctioned the financial deals with the players that left us bereft of cash, but left us with a nice Hotel and media centre?

Well run as a property investment, not as a Football club.

Just get it sold, take your profit and your Knighthood and do one.
Last edited by Sir Rodger Doyle on 17 Oct 2009 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2009 22:13

howser STRAP.......spot on there is something very wrong within the football club, and it has been that way for a couple of years now, the financial statement that was released was very flimsy and I for one see it as something that was done to quieten the fans, making it look look we would have been in desperate trouble if we had invested and stayed in the Prem

There is no doubt in my mind that a large amount of the money that has come into the club has been used on the Hotel and other infastructure facilities with a view to the eventual sale of he club, as certainly we are not an attractive proposition, on the footballing front, sitting fourth from bottom, to any possible investor.

We have been ground down to where we are now, by penny pinching methods, from an owner who admits he is not a footballing man, he has used the past few years success to promote himself, with very litttle interest into the bread and butter football that has put him in the media spotlight, which makes his idiotic comment that he wants to get back to the Premiership "whatever the cost" together when we sign a player the now familiar "this signing shows the determination of the club"..................utter rubbish !!

We are close to falling into the bottom three and do not seem like we have, if we do so, the desire or effort to correct that. What a rollercoaster it has been over the past few years from when Madejski took control, and if we are not vey careful he will leave us where he found us.

And someone else who sees past the glitter of the new clothes to how it really is!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Oct 2009 23:05

How about Aleksander from the Compare the Meerkat advert at least he'd keep it simples.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Alternatives

by winchester_royal » 18 Oct 2009 13:26

Ideal Tisdale is the man. He knows how to be successful on a shoestring budget, and his team plays attractive AND effective football.

For once I'm in agreement with Ideal. Just can't be bothered with Brenda's crap anymore.

jonnyroyal1871

So, who next?

by jonnyroyal1871 » 21 Oct 2009 00:10

There has to be at least a possibility than the Rodgers era is coming to an end. Whilst JM will be obviously unwilling to settle his contract, and after paying a chunk in compensation - the ides are now balancing those costs, against the costs of L1 next season, and Cheltenham, Exeter, and Wycombe (and Swindon....goddddddd)

So, if it is to be a pile of money and 6 months+ totally thrown down the karzi, who steps up to the plate?

Well, he will be cheap. And British. So for those reasons, and the difficult job faced, we can probably rule out Curbs and Hoddle.

Here are my top picks,

Tisdale. Woefully under budgeted at Exeter, and has got them far, far higher than they ought to be. Frustrated, and a few of the locals turning on him. He might be more inclined to move now, than he was in the summer.

Paul Trollope. Done a very steady rebuild job at Rovers, again on buttons. Realistic promotion prospects, and with some good experience behind him.

I suppose there will be a case for Dolan, though experience is required now, and he doesn't have enough, and we are unlikely to look at Inglethorpe, who would be a similar situation to Rodgers..

I'm not enthused by any of this overly, but this is the likely type we will be poring over in the next couple of weeks...

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 21 Oct 2009 00:16

Tisdale would come in and turn this mess around - I am certain of it.

Exeter were heading out of the conference when he took over, he got them up, and promoted again. With no money, and all his best players sold from underneath him

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 21 Oct 2009 00:20

Terminal Boardom Alternatives?

I would like us to get Arsene Wenger. I reckon he is the only manager capable of getting our bunch of misfits to actually play like a team.

I would also like Wenger. He is the only man who could get anything out of the rubbish Rogers was left with.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Oct 2009 00:24

I agree with the argument that a change can be for the worse

but I also think that rodgers is out of his depth - he is now starting to blame the squad of players he has and when a manager does that its time to go.

i would bring back coppell until the end of the season and make dolan is deputy with a view to him taking over at the start of next season

Tisdale ws my first choice in may and he ould be good - but I'm not sure he could pick up the pieces at present.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 21 Oct 2009 00:51

Get some leadership on the pitch. Ingimarsson isn't doing it. I've no idea who else could though.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 21 Oct 2009 01:00

Horsham Royal Get some leadership on the pitch. Ingimarsson isn't doing it. I've no idea who else could though.

Poor old Ivar's head must be all over the place. In fact any of the players left from the Premier League must me. Imagine seeing all your mates go off back to the Premier League and having no one come in with a decent bid for you (Ivar, Bryn, Cisse, Matejovsky, Long), that would leave you with some doubts on your own ability as well as probably making you pissed off with the club for oxf*rd up your career. Hopefully none of the players feel that way but I'm starting to feel that some of them might.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 21 Oct 2009 01:24

I was there at Elm Park
Horsham Royal Get some leadership on the pitch. Ingimarsson isn't doing it. I've no idea who else could though.

Poor old Ivar's head must be all over the place. In fact any of the players left from the Premier League must me. Imagine seeing all your mates go off back to the Premier League and having no one come in with a decent bid for you (Ivar, Bryn, Cisse, Matejovsky, Long), that would leave you with some doubts on your own ability as well as probably making you pissed off with the club for oxf*rd up your career. Hopefully none of the players feel that way but I'm starting to feel that some of them might.
Perhaps not so much Ingi and Gunnar (them being toward the end of their career), but yes re Cisse, Long and Matejovksy - where the hell is he ????

Did Tabb captain under Coppell for a few matches?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Oct 2009 01:31

I said Boothroyd doing a good job at Colchester no surprise. People may not like his direct style but it gets results and knows how to organise teams and he was out of work at the time.

joe999

by joe999 » 21 Oct 2009 03:11

Curbishley. Good honest bloke.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 21 Oct 2009 08:01

Gareth Southgate's available :mrgreen:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Oct 2009 08:16

Turns8 Gareth Southgate's available :mrgreen:

Think they will move for curbs as his replacement.

160 posts