Tesco Vs Waitrose Match Thread

227 posts
I was there at Elm Park

Re: Tesco Vs Waitrose Match Thread

by I was there at Elm Park » 17 Oct 2009 18:11

Thou Voice
I was there at Elm Park Brendan's Babes

...jesus, that kind of phrase sounds like your trying to make him out to be a Legend.

The only thing he is a Legend in, is his Bullshit Press Conferences.

What exactly so you mean by "Brendan's Babes"?

I will tell you what you mean, that they are a hopeless bunch of players that have no ability and the silly twat of a manager thinks they can live up to RFC legends of the past.

It is an insult to Reading players of the past to even mention this bunch of losers, sorry "Brendan's Babes" in the same sentence.

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

At what point did I make any suggestion that he was legend?

I was merely saying that I much preferred the team and squad that we had in August to the one we currently have. That does not mean that I enjoyed or was happy with our performances but I found them a lot more tolerable because I knew that we had 3/4 academy players each game in the starting line up and there were signs of potential and you could see the team fighting for each other.

The current squad is more experienced so there are less excuses and plus it's a lot more disheartening as some of the most guilty players are one's that Rodgers has brought in.

Also how can the current team be called Brendan's Babes when we only had one academy player in the starting line up?

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 17 Oct 2009 18:22

I was there at Elm Park Lots of yakking...

...hmm, I misread your thread.

I apoligise. Sorry. :(

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2009 19:25

Hogmeister Royal
RoyalBlue
Ian Royal
In one half. We've been more battered by Peterborough and by the sounds of it Preston 2nd half than we did in matching them 1st half.

Great, we've matched all but one team for a bit of each away game! We're definitely staying up.

Feds keeping us in the game there. Just FYI all those blaming him.

BBCRB commentary:

'Federici makes a dodgy decision again - 3-1; Adam Federici what are you doing?'

That's rather a selective quote - Yes, Tim Dellor did say that, but Mick Gooding immediately disagreed, saying that Feds was not at fault at all. Dellor at the time was in middle of major rant/sulk about the whole performance and just lashing out at who ever was nearest, IMHO.

Match reports talking about a "one-man show" from Feds to keep us in the game during the second half.

But later on Gooding stated that Federici's decision making had been poor throughout the game.

As for keeping us in the game, it was his poor decision making that let them back in and gave them the lift they needed.

We need to sign an experienced keeper on loan to give him some real competition.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Oct 2009 19:31

Its not real competition that he needs though...its to improve decision making? Hows that going to help.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 17 Oct 2009 19:33

RoyalBlue We need to sign an experienced keeper on loan to give him some real competition.

Bring back Marcus, at least he commanded his line and was far less to failure then Adam.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 17 Oct 2009 21:28

Thou Voice
RoyalBlue We need to sign an experienced keeper on loan to give him some real competition.

Bring back Marcus, at least he commanded his line and was far less to failure then Adam.

Matt Murray, third choice at Wolves now and a good keeper. Fecking yes please.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Oct 2009 21:30

Murray is still at Wolves? I assumed he was dead or something. Quality keeper a few years back, very commanding, if not completely unflappable under pressure. Would be an asset, although worried if he is behind Marcus in the pecking order.

227 posts