facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

Re: WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE DARK DAYS - OFFICIAL

by facaldaqui » 20 Oct 2009 23:32

Salisbury Town? :?

Blue_Elm

Re: WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE DARK DAYS - OFFICIAL

by Blue_Elm » 20 Oct 2009 23:34

Not a bad side Salisbury... dont know much about them, all I do know is their manager is better than ours... as well as their starting 11.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

When will we hear from Madejski ??

by howser » 21 Oct 2009 00:14

During our meteoric rise to the Premiership we had Madejski non stop in the media warbling on about the brick-by-brick foundation that got us there, when are we going to hear from him about the sledge-hammer squad demolition that has happened here, and his views on this squad that he thinks will "get us back to the Premiership" as he appears to be missing from any communications about the diabolical state we now find ourselves in ?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: STOP BLAMING MADEJSKI!!!!

by RoyalBlue » 21 Oct 2009 08:16

TBF he popped up again a couple of weeks ago to stress how determined he was to get the club back to the PL!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Oct 2009 08:19

It's still John Madejski's fault, compounded by an inexperienced manager.

What on earth Hammond has to do with any of this mess god alone knows, you might as well slate Nigel Howe and Ian Hill-Wood

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 21 Oct 2009 08:24

As he knows the club isnt worth as much in the Championship... let alone League One.

I put the full blame on him now actually. I have just read Rodgers account of everything... and it is fair to say the chap does care. Whether or not he's any good or not, I dont think so. He is a Reading fan, and does care about the club. But then again, I care about the club... it doesnt mean I'd be any good. If I was a football manager I could go to Tranmere and get them out of trouble. Does it mean I'd be any good? No - they wouldnt be my players. Likewise Rodgers had a squad at Watford... not a bad squad, more of a deflated one who werent playing for Aidy Boothroyd. Rodgers comes here, and has to build one... and 3 Million quid later and 7 signings... and we're in no better position than if he just took hold of the players he had here when he got to Reading.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 21 Oct 2009 08:25

oxf*rd bunch of ungrateful tossers

Madejski must look back at the last 20 years where he's saved the club, bought us a new ground and taken us into the Premiership and think "why the hell have I bothered"

before he took over we were a dire club in a truly dire ground but we had decent fans. now we have a bunch of dire ingrates, our first dire team in absolutely years, and apparently it's all his fault. talk about short-termism.

only in football is this response deemed normal - imagine people going into the Madejski Room at the Royal Academy and booing and saying he should've spent more money.

He has spent more money on this club than anyone else would've deemed normal or responsible but apparently that's not enough, a bunch of people who've dozed off on away day coaches for the last ten years seem to think that they know better than him.
Last edited by Wax Jacket on 21 Oct 2009 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Oct 2009 08:32

Wax Jacket oxf*rd bunch of ungrateful tossers

Madejski must look back at the last 20 years where he's saved the club, bought us a new ground and taken us into the Premiership and think "why the hell have I bothered"

before he took over we were a dire club in a truly dire ground but we had decent fans. now we have a bunch of dire ingrates, our first dire team in absolutely years, and apparently it's all his fault. talk about short-termism.

only in football is this response deemed normal - imagine people going into the Madejski Room at the British Museum and booing and saying he should've spent more money.

He has spent more money on this club than anyone else would've deemed normal or responsible but apparently that's not enough, a bunch of people who've dozed off on away day coaches for the last ten years seem to think that they know better than him.

:idea:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Oct 2009 08:32

Are the Madejski rooms falling apart??

As for money the club owe just over £8m plus just over £2m in acrued interest to JM, a lot of money, but not the fortune that might be expected, what JM has done is manage the finances of RFC superbly over his time here, and he knew, as we all did that we needed a good ground to succeed at a higher level so the club, with his backing invested in that, on the pitch they also invested, but not was wisely.

There has been a lot of enjoyment over the years, but it is still a lot to do with JM, however there is no one else about to take over, so aiming vitriol towards him does no good at all, I feel sure JM will realise what the mistakes made were, he is not a fool.

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 21 Oct 2009 08:34

only in football is this response deemed normal - imagine people going into the Madejski Room at the British Museum and booing and saying he should've spent more money.

I can appreciate where your coming from... and yes Madejski did do wonders for us years ago. Keeping us afloat in the old Elm Park was a difficult thing I'm sure. And no doubt, when hes gone, we will say he's left us in a better position than when we started.

But now is now, and then was then. His heart has seemed to of dissappeared, and thats worrying to think that our chairman is more bothered about recouping what hes spent and therefore demolishing the hard work he started with. I'm sure he would of recouped most of the ground back from being in the Premier League. I for one, wouldnt want him to totally dissappear off the radar. Let him continue his hotel plans on the stadium with a chunk of the profit... but if your not interested in something, let someone who is take over.

The Art thing is another kettle of fish. I'm sure there just chuffed he has taken an interest. It cant even be related to football.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 21 Oct 2009 08:35

Yes, the publicity shy Sir John Madjeski has sought no gain at all from his associtation with our club.

the man does nothing for nothing.

I'm not saying we'd be where we are now without him anyone who thinks this is a one way relationship is deluded.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 21 Oct 2009 08:36

wot waxjers sed.

Mostly the bit about you all being ungrateful tossers.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Oct 2009 08:38

you just wanted to use the word tossers in a post again donface.

It's fun though.

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 21 Oct 2009 08:38

I was just fuming I spent time to travel to QPR and watch utter rubbish at a cost to me last night.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 21 Oct 2009 08:40

Suck it up. It's part and parcel of supporting a football team.

If you were that hell bent on success you would support Real Madrid.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 21 Oct 2009 08:42

donface Suck it up. It's part and parcel of supporting a football team.

If you were that hell bent on success you would support Real Madrid.

I'm with beardy.

The Knitting Circle

by The Knitting Circle » 21 Oct 2009 08:43

he better give us more money :!:

we have spent the money he has given us wisely on cummings, howard and mills so he better stump up again in january :!:

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 21 Oct 2009 08:46

The Knitting Circle he better give us more money :!:

we have spent the money he has given us wisely on cummings, howard and mills so he better stump up again in january :!:

Some fantastic signings there :lol: Would rather of stuck with Rosenior and Harper. Theyre better as a pair than those 3 are

The Knitting Circle

by The Knitting Circle » 21 Oct 2009 08:50

its just the same as why some people don't give money to tramps. you don't know what they are gonna spend it on

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Oct 2009 09:10

If I was Madejski reading all the shit on here then i'd just think "fck the lot of you" and go and spend my money on something more worthy of my time.

You're just a bunch of fcking idiots.