STOP BLAMING MADEJSKI!!!!

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: STOP BLAMING MADEJSKI!!!!

by rhroyal » 18 Oct 2009 16:16

Sorry, it's just that people become so blinded and single minded in their pursuit of a scapegoat, they ignore common sense and logic. No club in the Championship - apart from possibly Newcastle - would have been able to keep those players at this level for a second successive season, especially with those bids made. As for Murty, Doobs and Marcus, they were past their best and didn't have much more to offer RFC. As for Lita, we spent 3 years persevering and got scant reward since the Euro U-21s. People ask for him back now but no who had watched him for the past two years was crying when he went in June.

However, now we're in trouble. Instead of logic, the line is "Madejski sold off all our prize assets, it must be his fault." I'm sorry, but NO!

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 18 Oct 2009 18:24

Agreed. The only mistake I think was to let Hahnemann go. Hardly anyone wanted us to keep Doobs and Lita, and I doubt many people would want them back even now. I don't think we could stop Doyle, Hunt, and Bikey going--and no one wanted to keep Hunt anyway. The two biggest mistakes were made under Rodgers: letting Harper and Rosenior go. I know they were unpopular, but they would have given us options. If Madejski/Hammond told Rodgers to get rid of them to save wages, then those two should take some blame; but if Rodgers had wanted to keep them, I think he could have.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Oct 2009 18:29

hammond doesnt make the decision on budgets
he just makes the decisions that mean we can work to them

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Oct 2009 19:11

rhroyal Rodgers has spent almost £3mill - more than Coppell ever did in the Championship.

As a Coppell-lover and a Rodgers-sceptic (before he joined) I shouldn't be saying this but to be fair Coppell walked into very very good team that needed very little doing to it, thanks to Parj (who could well have taken us up had it not been for Wet Sham).

Rodgers on the other hand walked into a reserve team club and had to build from scratch.

He needed either NH and J to keep players here, or a transfer pot of £10-15million.

Getting rid of most our team and giving him a mere £3 million is a joke.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 18 Oct 2009 20:38

2 world wars, 1 world cup
rhroyal Rodgers has spent almost £3mill - more than Coppell ever did in the Championship.

As a Coppell-lover and a Rodgers-sceptic (before he joined) I shouldn't be saying this but to be fair Coppell walked into very very good team that needed very little doing to it, thanks to Parj (who could well have taken us up had it not been for Wet Sham).

Rodgers on the other hand walked into a reserve team club and had to build from scratch.

He needed either NH and J to keep players here, or a transfer pot of £10-15million.

Getting rid of most our team and giving him a mere £3 million is a joke.

I don't understand what is a joke about it? The players who people refer too all cost about the same amount as the players Rodgers has bought in.....

Bikey - 1 Million -> Mills 2 million
Hunt - Free --> McAnuff 700k
Doyle - 75k ---> Rasiak 300k
Harper - 400k ---> Howard 500k

Yes I know the value of Hunt etc was far more then when they left, but why should we need to spend mega bucks if we didn't need to spend mega bucks before? On paper we still have a very competitive and strong squad made up of some proven players at this level and some above. It looks like Brendan has signed a dud in Cummings but even he might somehow turn it around. Rodgers just needs to settle on a team and a system ffs :D

People do seem to have stupidly short amounts of patience and very short memories and that winds me up. Howard and McAnuff have been no worse then Harper and Hunt were in the last few months of last season.
People were always slating Bikey last year for a lack of consistency and temperament and Mills looked pretty decent until he got injured and has already shown he's a threat at set pieces too.
As for Doyle, how often in our history have we had someone with the quality of Kevin Doyle and how many clubs beneath the PL have such a player or signed one this off season. The only examples I can really think of is Chopra and maybe Ched Evans but the jury is still out on him.

I agree with the original post in that this isn't just Madejski's mess, it's a combination of factors that goes back to the summer of 2007 and involves many incidents/decisions that have just gone balls up.

Ultimately though no matter what goes on behind the scenes, the buck has to stop with the players. It's the players that are making these stupid mistakes and missing chances not the manager, not the chairman and not the ex manager either.

What's clear is that all three parties of BR, SJM and the players need to work together and have a clear direction and plan to get us out of this state. However after 13 games it's stupid and foolish to press the panic button. Give the man at least till the middle of December at the very very earliest. Personally I'd let him stay at least until the end of the year or until we get relegated either one.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 18 Oct 2009 20:44

rhroyal
RoyalBlue
facaldaqui Madejski deserves his share of blame, because he runs the club and he signed Rodgers. But really there's nothing new about his signing bad managers (Bullivant, Burns), and nothing new about his budgetary methods. No, it all comes down to quality of managers. And he's given this one 3.5 million, more than any other Reading manager at this level (and more than the likes of Donny, Scunny, and Barnsley can dream of). So lets at least drop the accusation that we're fourth from bottom because Madejski's starved Rodgers of funds.

Hang on - he was only given the money you speak about after Hapless Hammond had disposed of all our prize assets!! What was the squad worth before he was given £3.5M? What's more he has been expected manage with that when expectations were far higher than in the case of previous managers. Also £3.5M now is worth far less in the transfer market than it was just a few years ago.

Madejski is to blame!

AARRRGHHHHH! HOW THE FCUK WERE WE MEANT TO KEEP DOYLE, HUNT AND BIKEY WITH THOSE BIDS MADE FOR THEM?!?!?!?!? NOT POSSIBLE, END FECKING OF! FACT!

I think the point is, THE MONEY WAS NOT RE-INVESTED IN THE PLAYING SQUAD. IT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN USED TO PAY OFF DEBTS LEFT BY THE INCREASE IN THE PROPERTY VALUE OF THE CLUB. THIS BENIFITS ONLY ONE FECKING PERSON! FACT!

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 18 Oct 2009 21:30

2 World Wars said: "Getting rid of most our team and giving him a mere £3 million is a joke."

First, it was 3.5 million, according to the accounts. Also, more was available, because we were in for Smith.

Part of the problem is the stupid way Rodgers spent the money, with a whole 2 million of it going on a standard championship centre back. Even if Mills was prem standard, it would still be a lopsided way of allocating expenditure. Someone please explain that purchase to me in relation to the budget (I think I'm right in saying that Mills is the most expensive player we've bought outside the premiership). Rodgers must take the blame for wasting money, not Madejski.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 18 Oct 2009 21:45

rhroyal How blinded are people that they blame Madejski? Did they not read the recently released figures? We've been making a loss recently! Rodgers has spent almost £3mill - more than Coppell ever did in the Championship. The money was also available for Smith it seems. There are some clubs in the division who are not in the same ball park as us in terms of resources - Scunthorpe, Blackpool and Watford to name a few.

There is one man largely to blame for where we are now, and that is Rodgers. He must go.

Funny how Scunthorpe, Blackpool and Watford are all doing much better than we are.

Tho' I agree its as much Rodgers fault

Both are tw@ts

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2009 21:57

facaldaqui 2 World Wars said: "Getting rid of most our team and giving him a mere £3 million is a joke."

First, it was 3.5 million, according to the accounts. Also, more was available, because we were in for Smith.

Double counting there I believe. Money only became available for McAnuff and Rasiak after we f*cked up our attempt to get Smith because his tight*rse wasn't prepared to offer what others were.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2009 21:59

RoyalBlue
facaldaqui 2 World Wars said: "Getting rid of most our team and giving him a mere £3 million is a joke."

Double counting there I believe. Money only became available for McAnuff and Rasiak after we f*cked up our attempt to get Smith because his tight*rse wasn't prepared to offer what others were.

Except we were told those deals had been in the pipe line for a while and the rumours were consistent with that. They also came rather quickly after Smith fell through to really have been fall backs, especially seeing as we basically had no idea the Smith deal was going to fall through the way it did.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Oct 2009 10:15

Don't we get parachute payments etc at the end of the each season? Doesn't that mean that at the end of the previous season, when we were relegated, we would have got £30 million or whatever it was, plus the money for players transferred this season? Has that already been swallowed up by debts?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Oct 2009 10:17

I think the point is, THE MONEY WAS NOT RE-INVESTED IN THE PLAYING SQUAD. IT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN USED TO PAY OFF DEBTS LEFT BY THE INCREASE IN THE PROPERTY VALUE OF THE CLUB. THIS BENIFITS ONLY ONE FECKING PERSON! FACT!

it benefits everyone involved with the club

and you forget these debts were recalled by the banks due to the current financial climate

ie- there wasnt a choice about it

madejski could have bankrolled it himself- but since hes not interested in just pouring his money away anymore, and has said so quite clearly, and why the hell should he when he gets bood and called all the cnuts under the sun by the nobs that support our club nowadays
i can only conclude that its no ones fault

it just is

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 19 Oct 2009 11:26

I don't see how it can't be Mr Mad's fault?! He's the one who dictates club policy, he's the one who hires the manager, he's the one who decides how much money is available and for what purpose. Hammond and BR simply spend what little money is provided.

To say Mr Mad is not to blame is simply wrong. Whilst he may not be solely responsible for our current rapid decline, he is certainly in the dock with Hammond and Rodgers.

joe999

by joe999 » 19 Oct 2009 11:38

Im going out in about 30 seconds, so all I need to say is...

That financial statement was so obviously complete and utter garbage, and just a pathetic excuse to try and keep the fans off sir muppet's back.

And if it was true, what does that say about the "Superbly well run club" that the powers that be have been claiming over the last few years?

It's all his fault. He didn't spend, he appointed rodgers, he will send us down to league one this season like this.

End of.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 Oct 2009 11:45

Madjeski overdid the slash and burn

Rodgers has done a terrible job with the remnants

The players seem totally spineless

Dismal show all round

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 19 Oct 2009 12:22

Six to one, half a dozen to the other, imo.

I don't rate Rodgers and had massive reservations from the off. That said, I think he's had the rug pulled out from under his feet.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Oct 2009 15:03

strap I don't see how it can't be Mr Mad's fault?! He's the one who dictates club policy, he's the one who hires the manager, he's the one who decides how much money is available and for what purpose. Hammond and BR simply spend what little money is provided.

To say Mr Mad is not to blame is simply wrong. Whilst he may not be solely responsible for our current rapid decline, he is certainly in the dock with Hammond and Rodgers.

surely finance is to blame
you cant say its his "fault" that he doesnt want to just give away his millions

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Oct 2009 15:04

That financial statement was so obviously complete and utter garbage, and just a pathetic excuse to try and keep the fans off sir muppet's back.

And if it was true, what does that say about the "Superbly well run club" that the powers that be have been claiming over the last few years?

please check the state of football finance in premiere league/ex premiere league clubs before spouting arsewater

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Oct 2009 15:21

I blame Madejski for setting false and unfounded expectations regarding our return to the premiership and I will continue to blame him as long as he keeps treating us like idiots.

We're in the shit, we're in danger or relagation, we need to work hard to battle for survival. Survival is the key word, not promotion.

If after Christmas we find ourselves further up the table, playing well and chasing the playoffs then he can talk about a promotion push.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Oct 2009 15:35

Forbury Lion I blame Madejski for setting false and unfounded expectations regarding our return to the premiership and I will continue to blame him as long as he keeps treating us like idiots.

We're in the shit, we're in danger or relagation, we need to work hard to battle for survival. Survival is the key word, not promotion.

If after Christmas we find ourselves further up the table, playing well and chasing the playoffs then he can talk about a promotion push.

ok, knowing nowt about football, or footballers

it is his and hammonds fault for assessing the current bunch of yooves as good enough to push for promotion/rodgers was a good enough manager to do so