STOP BLAMING MADEJSKI!!!!

madmickb

Re: STOP BLAMING MADEJSKI!!!!

by madmickb » 19 Oct 2009 15:37

John Madejski The Buck stop here ( sorry about the punn )

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Oct 2009 17:51

brendywendy
strap I don't see how it can't be Mr Mad's fault?! He's the one who dictates club policy, he's the one who hires the manager, he's the one who decides how much money is available and for what purpose. Hammond and BR simply spend what little money is provided.

To say Mr Mad is not to blame is simply wrong. Whilst he may not be solely responsible for our current rapid decline, he is certainly in the dock with Hammond and Rodgers.

surely finance is to blame
you cant say its his "fault" that he doesnt want to just give away his millions

But the price of fame is not cheap if you have to buy it!

Big McC

by Big McC » 19 Oct 2009 19:59

Unfortunately, Reading FC is just one business of the many in SJM's portfolio. The fact that he has got cold feet and lost interest and ambition is perhaps understandable in the current financial climate. Gone are the days [if they ever existed] of a romatic notion of a club owner having some unwritten duty of care and responsibility to provide the long-term survival of a local football club for the town and its people and fans. Sadly though the current difficulties appear to be a collective failure of SJM and his management team to cope effectively with the changes needed. But hey, what do I know? Just an opinion.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Oct 2009 21:50

The further down the league ladder we slip, the less attractive the club becomes to potential purchasers. I am 100% certain the SJM is aware of this. What I don't get is why nothing has been done. Or if something has been said and done, there is little evidence that it is working. Unless, of course, SJM has stuck a huge amount of money on relegation at odds of 25/1.

Who is the one person solely responsible for the football club? Who owns pretty much all of the shares? Who is in charge? Therein lies the person to point the finger at.

It is not BRs fault that he is inept. Just like the German guard during the Nuremberg Trials "I was only following orders".

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 19 Oct 2009 21:55

Terminal Boardom The further down the league ladder we slip, the less attractive the club becomes to potential purchasers. I am 100% certain the SJM is aware of this. What I don't get is why nothing has been done. Or if something has been said and done, there is little evidence that it is working. Unless, of course, SJM has stuck a huge amount of money on relegation at odds of 25/1.

Who is the one person solely responsible for the football club? Who owns pretty much all of the shares? Who is in charge? Therein lies the person to point the finger at.

It is not BRs fault that he is inept. Just like the German guard during the Nuremberg Trials "I was only following orders".

There is more than one way to skin a club.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 19 Oct 2009 22:17

He took all the plaudits and filled out tv screens as often as he could spouting his brick by brick bollox, he wanted all the ego boosting praise, where the hell is he now ?? why isnt he still "Mr TV look at me" telling everyone why we shouldn't be worried and that he has a plan that is going to stop it all going tits up. !

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Oct 2009 22:30

howser He took all the plaudits and filled out tv screens as often as he could spouting his brick by brick bollox, he wanted all the ego boosting praise, where the hell is he now ?? why isnt he still "Mr TV look at me" telling everyone why we shouldn't be worried and that he has a plan that is going to stop it all going tits up. !

The daft sod near on shit himself when we hit the Prem. He suddenly realised that he was out of his depth and panicked. Like any self made person, his ego is enormous. What he needs to do is get on the pitch before the Leicester game and do some motivational speaking. He will inspire us all to greater things. We will pick up our mattresses and walk. It will be a magical moment.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Oct 2009 11:32

Big McC Gone are the days [if they ever existed] of a romatic notion of a club owner having some unwritten duty of care and responsibility to provide the long-term survival of a local football club for the town and its people and fans.

At the risk of a whoosh but isn't there an argument to say thats precisely what he is doing by ensuring we don't overextend ourselves to a level we can't sustain? He could, as many others have done spend fortunes on brief glory & adulation then cut and run when he becomes bored by selling to the first interested party regardless of their suitability.

People talk about his ego an awful lot and its precisely this ego which will prevent him from letting the club fester and die (as an awful lot of doom mongers seem to suggest) or fall into the wrong hands. He wants to leave a legacy and doesn't want to see it tarnished.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 20 Oct 2009 13:17

Well I just hope he's got himself some Brasso because it's already starting to look pretty shabby.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Oct 2009 16:25

aaahhhhhhh

at last

a post i can read without wanting to poke out my own eyes with my coxix

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 20 Oct 2009 17:35

Ideal Jesus Christ.
I feel like throwing up when I listen to some of you.

So some wind up merchants go around spouting shit about Madejski, wanting him to pour money into the club like some stupid arab is doing with another club.
Excuse me Sirs, but that is not NORMAL, pouring money down the toilet is in fact ABNORMAL, it is not healthy, and I am glad we are not doing our business that way.

These wind up merchants that go around mouthing off about Madejski should be ignored, not entertained as if their "contribution" had any value whatsoever. They are like spoilt children wanting more, more, more for Christmas.
"My Scalextric set is no good, I wanted a real Ferrari!!! Why did you not get me a real Ferrari, daddy??? WHYYY??????"
"Son, a car like that costs more than I make in a year, hell I would have to put five years wages towards one."
"But, WHYYYY!????? PEOPLE ON TV HAVE THEM!!!!"

What really concerns me is that what these people are stirring up is detracting attention away from the fact that we have a clueless manager who has appointed a clueless/absent assistant manager, clueless coach, clueless sports scientist, and has signed a bunch of talentless wakners for a total of what, £3.5 million pounds, and as a result of this "world class setup" we are losing pretty much every time we take the pitch.
Please stop confusing people so we can all unite in getting the Big Watch Wearing Rhetoric Spouting Tenerife Timeshare Salesman and his world class setup out, and lets hope they take their big oxf*rd bumper book of tactics and direct line to Mourinho with them and oxf*rd right off.

Spot on. Maybe people missed my point, but for all Madejski's shortcomings, we should not be where we are in the league at serious risk of relegation. Rodgers must take the blame.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 20 Oct 2009 21:14

Thanks a bunch Mad Jet Ski. Your cost cutting and balancing the books has turned our club into a joke and is taking us straight back where we came from.

Take the rest of your money, your ego, your name and Bodgers and sod off!

BLAME MADEJSKI!

Started the rot when he declared out whilst we were still in the PL.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 20 Oct 2009 21:23

RoyalBlue Thanks a bunch Mad Jet Ski. Your cost cutting and balancing the books has turned our club into a joke and is taking us straight back where we came from.

Take the rest of your money, your ego, your name and Bodgers and sod off!

BLAME MADEJSKI!

Started the rot when he declared out whilst we were still in the PL.

Don't believe the book balancing shit it's all spin and he will be found out

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 20 Oct 2009 21:27

He's already been found out on the pitch!

What the books reveal will be found out when there is a new owner.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Oct 2009 21:27

A lot of the money went into the hotel. Let's all go in there on Monday night and clap the bar servers and waitresses instead of going to the match.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Oct 2009 21:28

Royal Lady A lot of the money went into the hotel. Let's all go in there on Monday night and clap the bar servers and waitresses instead of going to the match.

:shock:

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 20 Oct 2009 21:30

Royal Lady A lot of the money went into the hotel. Let's all go in there on Monday night and clap the bar servers and waitresses instead of going to the match.

Let's nick their tip tray and they can sing "Where's the money gone"

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Oct 2009 21:30

OK - I'll sit in there on my own then. And then have a one-woman demo to get rid of Rodgers in his car parking space. :P

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 20 Oct 2009 21:31

Perhaps we could go for the 'Bring a Tramp Day' and turn the white elephant of the media centre into a hostel for the homeless!

Blue_Elm

WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE DARK DAYS - OFFICIAL

by Blue_Elm » 20 Oct 2009 23:04

Here is the role of shame of people who have quite well and truly screwed this club since May... and my comments to them. I hope they read them as it may act as a kick up the jacksie and might explain what we all feel.

Madejski - Thank you for a great Stadium for which no doubt we were loaned the money for. Thank you for also appointing Steve Coppell... now your time is up. You have gone for the cheap option, tried recouping money and given a little bit to a jibbering idiot who knows less about football than a group of 10 year olds kicking a football around a park. Did you not think that by putting faith in someone whose only skill was turning a Watford team around for a couple of games, with players he didnt sign in the first place was an excellent idea after the person we lost? I effing didnt from the start... why did you do that??? As hes the cheap option. Why not Ferguson??? Too Expensive. Why not Curbishley??? Too Expensive! I know the answers already. Last time we was in this mess, we appointed Bullivant. Cheap Option. You appointed Burns. Cheap Option. And you got lucky with Pardew, and looked like you finally learnt your lesson with appointing Coppell. Someone proven... we got to the Premiership, you got appointed a sir, we got relegated although Coppell did everything he could... and after that. Cut the Cloth. How about you cut the cloth and choose to f*ck off before its too late. That knighthood should of gone to Coppell, not you. Sell up and thank you for the memories... go and take over Aldershot and take them back into the non-league and not us.

Rodgers - Do you not think, as a fan (so you say) of Reading Football Club; the most dignified thing you could do is resign. 4-1 defeat against QPR - would be acceptable if we played well... we didnt. Half the game we were getting trounced on, and made to look silly by 10-men. We made QPR look like Manchester United. Then again, we'll probably do the same if we got Bury in the FA Cup. Your tactics, unwillingness to change will mean you will never be a manager - ok you are at the moment... but you wouldnt get a sniff at a job at Reading Town or Tilehurst Terriers or Emmer Green or Misfits or even the Hobnob team, let alone Salisbury Town... let alone another football league side. Your signings have been poor. Look who you could of bought with that £3 Million! Mills is the only half decent signing. Leave and never come back... as if you stay, your facing more ruin of your career

Hammond - Where have you gone??? Its all gone a bit quiet hasnt it now its all gone Pete Tong. Had we been relishing at the top of the league, you'd be basking in the light of it all. Reading in the Premiership... you was in the Post every day explaining how well all was going. Wasnt down to you it seems. If it was, we'd still be doing it now. Now you've hibernated... hibernate a bit longer, and I'm sure we'll be relieved when the P45 comes through the door.

Fans - The only people with any faith, passion and desire. The RTG's have gone now... its just us left and I expect us to have to endure some hard times for about 3 years, before we can move forward. This is the mess this regime has put us in. Its not the players fault... its the backroom staff. I think of shredding my season ticket... but that isnt right. I'll still be here after Rodgers, Madejski and Hammond... unless I get hit by a bus. I thought we might do well with QPR being down to 10 tonight... couldnt do much about the free-kick. What followed we could. Rodgers is clueless. We were trounced by 10 men... and going down to 10 ourselves, we had no hope in hell. I would say Bournemouth have a better starting 11 than this bunch.