When was your turning point?

101 posts

When did you lose faith in Brendan Rodgers and his bumper book of football tactics?

Poll ended at 16 Nov 2009 20:06
Never had the faith to start with
23%
Losing at home to Sheffield Utd
4%
Losing at Peterborough
27%
Drawing at home to Watford
1%
Losing To Middlesbrough
12%
Losing to WBA
14%
WTF??? He is the best man for the job. Give him time!
19%

Total votes: 141
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

When was your turning point?

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Oct 2009 21:06

For me it was the capitulation at Peterborough. Thankfully I was not there but I listened to the commentary on the radio.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: When was your turning point?

by Royal Lady » 17 Oct 2009 21:09

I can't explain why, but I just had a bad feeling about him from the off, I'm afraid.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Oct 2009 21:09

Terminal Boardom For me it was the capitulation at Peterborough. Thankfully I was not there but I listened to the commentary on the radio.

About twenty minutes in, at home to Bolton

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Oct 2009 21:12

Today.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Oct 2009 21:15

Royal Lady I can't explain why, but I just had a bad feeling about him from the off, I'm afraid.

This, but tbh it's not Rogers so much as I've lost faith in the club itself. A 2nd Premier League season where we showed only fleeting ambition to stay up, a gazillion chances to secure promotion at the first attempt thrown away by the general malaise of the second half of last season, and then the firesale since that has stripped our squad bare of assets and left us struggling to stay afloat in this league.

It's frustrating and demoralising. I'm not sure a change of manager would achieve much.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 17 Oct 2009 21:17

The first time I saw his signings and realised they were (far) worse than the players we'd lost or let go.(Admittedly some wanted to go but it's not regulation that because a player wants to go you have to replace him with dross (Doyle Vs Rasiak). Besides, Rosenior and Harper didn't want to go. Look who we've replaced them with...unbelievable.)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Oct 2009 21:17

cmonurz
Royal Lady I can't explain why, but I just had a bad feeling about him from the off, I'm afraid.

This, but tbh it's not Rogers so much as I've lost faith in the club itself. A 2nd Premier League season where we showed only fleeting ambition to stay up, a gazillion chances to secure promotion at the first attempt thrown away by the general malaise of the second half of last season, and then the firesale since that has stripped our squad bare of assets and left us struggling to stay afloat in this league.

It's frustrating and demoralising. I'm not sure a change of manager would achieve much.

Sure as hell sticking with the same one isn't going to cut it.

Fluff

by Fluff » 17 Oct 2009 21:20

For me, about 10 minutes into the 2nd half of the posh game

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Oct 2009 21:26

Posh game (was there)

Brenda tells Marek he's coming off

Marek unhappy and tries something, loses the ball in our half

Goal for Peterborough

Brenda clueless as to what to do next, his body language said it all

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 17 Oct 2009 21:28

The Posh game I'd say tbh.

madmickb

by madmickb » 17 Oct 2009 21:32

After the schoolboy defending today, not a decent striker in the squad that daft pratt Rodger says after the game we can still finish in the top half he is a total joke and if he does not go we will get relegated. His tactics are total garbage

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 17 Oct 2009 21:33

before the season even started when he gave Long Kevin Doyles number 9 shirt, this obviously indicated he was his first choice striker, SO WRONG!!!

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 17 Oct 2009 21:36

Defeat was always likely today, Brom are a god side. But this was it for me. Just one game too many. Chopping and changing the side far too often, it's ridiculas. No stability. We seem to start well, and then he opens his mouth at half time and we fall to pieces.

Just had enough now. Have no faith in the guy at all.

I wont boo the players, no chance, but if fans turn on Rodgers, I'm in! He needs to go and go asap!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 17 Oct 2009 21:43

Deathy Defeat was always likely today, Brom are a god side. But this was it for me. Just one game too many. Chopping and changing the side far too often, it's ridiculas. No stability. We seem to start well, and then he opens his mouth at half time and we fall to pieces.

I wont boo the players, no chance, but if fans turn on Rodgers, I'm in! He needs to go and go asap!

I bluddy well will...and barrack them. In fact if I had a machine gun and McAnuff walked past...C*** didn't even try (neither did Long). At least Cummings (and Kebe) tried even if he was diabolical. I pay extortionate amounts of money to see the players at least try. If Mc Anuff was trying then I'm Gordon Brown. Complete waste of space. And then he had the temerity to clap the fans at the end. "I won't boo the players" my arse.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 17 Oct 2009 21:48

Man Friday
Deathy Defeat was always likely today, Brom are a god side. But this was it for me. Just one game too many. Chopping and changing the side far too often, it's ridiculas. No stability. We seem to start well, and then he opens his mouth at half time and we fall to pieces.

I bluddy well will...and barrack them. In fact if I had a machine gun and McAnuff walked past...C*** didn't even try (neither did Long). At least Cummings (and Kebe) tried even if he was diabolical. I pay extortionate amounts of money to see the players at least try. If Mc Anuff was trying then I'm Gordon Brown. Complete waste of space. And then he had the temerity to clap the fans at the end. "I won't boo the players" my arse.

That's funny...People were saying he's Reading's best/brightest player a few games back...

Lucky Libran

by Lucky Libran » 17 Oct 2009 22:01

Gutted to say it, but today. Hope I'm proved wrong...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2009 22:03

IMO stitched up like a kipper by a wantaway chairman - given a bit more time, might just be able to turn the corner and, if he does, will take us back to the good times.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 17 Oct 2009 22:07

Peter's Borough for me. I wasn't happy with the way we capitulated and there was obviously no answer. There's no cohesion between players, no trust. We've got a long long way to go before we're anywhere near our opposition were today.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Oct 2009 22:07

Never wanted Rodgers as manager but now he's here he deserves another month to sort it out or he has to go.
Last edited by PEARCEY on 17 Oct 2009 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Oct 2009 22:35

Our right side - Cummings and Kebe. F*ck me. The other side - Bertrand and McAnuff. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeet.

I've watched an out of form Bodin and Lambert 'play football' more effectively than this lot.

Christ, Murty and Forster looks a whole world away from this.

101 posts