Really back from the game/pub

171 posts
clauski

Re: Really back from the game/pub

by clauski » 27 Oct 2009 22:14

I thought it was the best I have seen us this season. Of course if we the masses were in charge we would have had 2 up front and Matejovsky in the middle much earlier in the season and be in a better place than we are now, but hopefully Rodgers is learning.

It must be frustrating that the goal was conceded when someone should have been on the post, but then again if it turns out that person was Tabb what can you really expect from an emergency position fill in. Rodgers now needs to look at why he is having to fill in the RB slot in this way because of his poor judgement buying Cummings, and find us a longer term alternative. Similarly we ultimately still lost last night becuase we are lightweight up front. Leicester won with a goal scored by a loan striker, so why can't we find someone on loan who can do such a job for us - it must be possible.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 27 Oct 2009 22:17

Victor Meldrew Whoever is meant to be on a post it surely couldn't have been Tabb's job to mark Fryatt.

I've just watched some of it back

To confirm, in the second half we had Bertrand on the far post, Long on the front of the 6 yard box and Tabb picking up whoever the attacking player was in the 6 yard box/standing on the keeper. The rest seem to be marking

My guess would be that Tabb having that job is because the keeper should be able to deal with anything over waist height (so headerable height for Tabb) and Tabb is just there to block and clear when necessary. If it comes down to contesting a header he will be in trouble, but as his man is generally in and around the keeper they must think its an acceptable gamble

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Oct 2009 22:26

But does it really make any difference who is in charge?

Think about it.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear

14 games in and BR still does not know what his best 11 or formation is.

How many goals have we scored at home this season? 3??? This is pathetic.

So many say we were unlucky last night. Bollocks! What goes around comes around. We committed floodlit robbery at Deepdale and sneaked away with a win. How many times did they hit the woodwork? How many saves did Fed have to make? Get real.

We are in the shit and going to stay there for a very long time until some quality is injected into the side at a very fast rate of knots.

Face the facts. Accept the truth.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Oct 2009 08:14

Terminal Boardom Fed - No chance with the goal. Made some very good saves. As far as the goal is concerned, the delivery was perfect for the header. Even if we had someone on the post I doubt if the header could have been stopped legally.

Strange comment when the ball actually dropped across the line no more than a foot off the ground.

I know Tabb is short but come on...!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Oct 2009 10:07

Hoop Blah Regarding the corner we conceeded from, I really don't like the way Rodgers singled out Bertrand for not doing his job and being on the wrong post. He was in the same position for the previous couple of corners and not one of the players or coaching staff seemed to pick up on it and correct it, so if Bertrand "should know his job" then perhaps so should Rodgers and Austin, let alone the other 10 players on the pitch who all have a voice.

I heard the interview on the radio again, and hands up, I heard it wrong first time round...bloody foreign accents!

He didn't name Bertrand, but he did say the player who was at fault had worked with him for some time and should know his job, so I still think he was refering to Bertrand.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 28 Oct 2009 10:29

Oooo get her.

Well its the truth Ian, they say pictures paint a 1000 words yet you never actually see live pictures by turning up to games hence why your assessments can always be founded to be shall we say ' a tad odd '

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 28 Oct 2009 11:27

Yes, we played well mostly but let's not forget in the euphoria of a decent performance that Leicester had their chances as well - a couple of one-on-ones in which they could have scored two more.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2009 12:28

loyalroyal4life
Oooo get her.

Well its the truth Ian, they say pictures paint a 1000 words yet you never actually see live pictures by turning up to games hence why your assessments can always be founded to be shall we say ' a tad odd '

Actually I've been to 5 live games this season and watching a game on TV live has just as many advantages and disadvantages as going to the game does, they're just different.

Going is much more enjoyable and gives you a better impression of the atmosphere though. Which is why I didn't comment on the atmosphere.

Now get off that school PC and do something productive so you might become a useful adult in a few years.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 28 Oct 2009 12:43

Ian Royal
loyalroyal4life
Oooo get her.

Actually I've been to 5 live games this season and watching a game on TV live has just as many advantages and disadvantages as going to the game does, they're just different.

Going is much more enjoyable and gives you a better impression of the atmosphere though. Which is why I didn't comment on the atmosphere.

Now get off that school PC and do something productive so you might become a useful adult in a few years.

Well done for turning up to 5 games here's to many more!!

There is no atmosphere so nothing to comment on and FYI, i don't go to school i work in the city but even manage to know that school is not on (its called half term) which leads me to believe you live a lonely life as a useless adult! :P

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 28 Oct 2009 13:48

Terminal Boardom So many say we were unlucky last night. Bollocks! What goes around comes around. We committed floodlit robbery at Deepdale and sneaked away with a win. How many times did they hit the woodwork? How many saves did Fed have to make? Get real.

How does what happened at Preston affect whether we were unlucky or not on monday night? No-one's saying "we're been unlucky all season," they're just acknowledging an improved performance that should have got a better result

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 09 Nov 2009 22:45

Southbank Old Boy
Victor Meldrew Whoever is meant to be on a post it surely couldn't have been Tabb's job to mark Fryatt.

I've just watched some of it back

To confirm, in the second half we had Bertrand on the far post, Long on the front of the 6 yard box and Tabb picking up whoever the attacking player was in the 6 yard box/standing on the keeper. The rest seem to be marking

My guess would be that Tabb having that job is because the keeper should be able to deal with anything over waist height (so headerable height for Tabb) and Tabb is just there to block and clear when necessary. If it comes down to contesting a header he will be in trouble, but as his man is generally in and around the keeper they must think its an acceptable gamble

Did anyone bother to take a look at how we defend corners again on Saturday?

Betrand was again the only man on a post and Tabb was marking the player hanging around the keeper. I noticed for one corner in the second half he started on the near post then went to the far post when it looked like a right footed player was going to be taking the corner

Proves to me that Bertrand was the one at fault and not Tabb

171 posts