Really back from the game/pub

171 posts
PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Really back from the game/pub

by PEARCEY » 26 Oct 2009 23:05

Royal Rother MM gave the best midfield display by a Reading player tonight since Sidwell left.

Church's movement is excellent and he played very well in all but the most vital aspect of the game.

Anyone still wanting Rodgers out after that performance is either blind or stupid. And what a great interview he gave Sky. Top man.

I'm neither blind nor stupid. I just don't happen to share your opinion although won't lower myself to trading insults.
We are heading for relegation. Hard luck stories count for nothing.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 26 Oct 2009 23:06

I thought the team gave 100% tonight even if the end product was lacking in one or two instances.
If we play like that for most of the games remaining then we should excape the drop.It is crystal clear
that we need at least one quality striker.There were some good balls into the box tonight totally wasted.
Frustrating.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Oct 2009 23:07

PEARCEY Ian. What the fcuck are you on??? Rasiak's performance was pitiful.

well he wasnt actually at the game so that may explain it

anyone who thinks tabb was poor needs to watch a video of Pearce's performance. how the fcuk can you put him in the team let alone captain!!

bring in a loan striker.. like marcus bent and we may well get some points (or at least goals)

cant blame the manager look above and beyond him!!
Last edited by loyalroyal4life on 26 Oct 2009 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Oct 2009 23:07

Deathy Shane Long. Few nice touches? His useless useless self, but a half a stone heavier at least. - He's dump.

Shane Long reminds me of a hamster in one of those exercise balls you can buy them. Plenty of energy, but it is wasted energy because it is never really going anywhere.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 26 Oct 2009 23:09

Can't remember a single thing Long did of note today.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:09

loyalroyal4life
PEARCEY Ian. What the fcuck are you on??? Rasiak's performance was pitiful.

well he wasnt actually at the game so that may explain it

anyone who thinks tabb was poor needs to watch a video of Pearce's performance. how the fcuk can you put him in the team let alone captain!!

bring in a loan striker.. like marcus bent and we may well get some points (or at least goals)

cant blame the manager look above and beyond him!!

Ow, I'm cut to the quick. Come back when you're balls have dropped then have another go.

marysiaska

by marysiaska » 26 Oct 2009 23:10

I can't believe we didn't win that match...I thought the team played really well...have to say was dubious about the 6 changes but they played well...how we didn't score is beyond me!!!! so many chances!!!!! Just wasn't to be!!! Leicester were lucky...poor concentration on our part.....players must fell dejeced after not getting a point! 66% possession.!!! Even Coleman and Beagrie said Reading deserved to win!!! Rodgers needs to keep the team tonight against Coventry!!! I know we lost....gutted...but do feel positive......Come on URZ!!!!!!!

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 26 Oct 2009 23:10

SLAMMED Can't remember a single thing Long did of note today.

Pissed me off!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 26 Oct 2009 23:11

Pearce was f'ing dreadful and simply not good enough.

Tabb was excellent

Matejovsky was excellent

Mills was good, a few too many long balls though.

Church's movement was good, not a natural goalscorer though.

Federici was excellent

Rasiak was average

Kebe was dangerous

Very positive performance all round, but unfortunately they don't always bring 3 points

My chino's didn't do a good job in the rain, too much splashback.
Last edited by Focher on 26 Oct 2009 23:11, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Oct 2009 23:11

PEARCEY
Royal Rother MM gave the best midfield display by a Reading player tonight since Sidwell left.

Church's movement is excellent and he played very well in all but the most vital aspect of the game.

Anyone still wanting Rodgers out after that performance is either blind or stupid. And what a great interview he gave Sky. Top man.

I'm neither blind nor stupid. I just don't happen to share your opinion although won't lower myself to trading insults.
We are heading for relegation. Hard luck stories count for nothing.

Royal Rother, for a man with a quite impeccable track-record for being utterly wrong your (typically) condescending attitude is astonishing. I don't care about 'great interviews', I care about a pathetic 11 goals scored in league games this season and no home win for 16 games. The rest is just fluff.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 26 Oct 2009 23:12

tee peg
SLAMMED Can't remember a single thing Long did of note today.

Pissed me off!

Sorry, I should have said anything positive of note. You're quite right.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Oct 2009 23:12

Ian Royal Right I'm actually feeling strangely positive after that. It may have something to do with winning money at the bookies (£6 profit), or it may be because that was probably the best I've seen Reading play all season. Not that that is saying a great deal.

Generally we played well, had the better possession and chances but coulnd't quite convert anything. With a team in form and confidence we'd have scored 4 or 5 IMO. I'm happy for Rodgers to get a stay of execution after that, which as many will realise is a bit of a turn around for me in recent weeks. That comes with a caveat though. He HAS to play the same 11 in the next game. More changes and he can oxf*rd off.

Federici: 8 - no chance with the goal, two great saves to deny Fryatt + another to stop Howard late on.
Tabb: 8 - yet again not a foot wrong, not a lot going forward but solid defensively
Pearce: 7 - solid defensively, one clanger that didn't matter much not great distribution
Mills: 6 - solid defensively, awful distribution... can you say HOOF.
Bertrand: 5 - ok defensively, poor going forward. Two occasions he could have broken, twice he had a heavy touch in field straight to a defender. I may be being harsh.
McAnuff: 5 - his usual self, very good in patches in the first half mostly anonymous second half. Very unlucky not to score though.
Siggurdsson: 6 - looked good but wasted out wide IMO, still better there than Howard would have been
Howard: 6 - looked quite good, but didn't contribute enough and gave the ball away to easily too often
Matejovsky: 7 - brilliant in places with excellent skill and passing vision. Still gave the ball away far too cheaply in non-through ball situations
Church: 6 - excellent young player who just hasn't quite got the finnishing we needed
Rasiak: 6 - best game I've seen for him. was a nuisance and not bad. obviously lacking confidence

Long: 6 - ok couple of nice touches nothing more
Kebe: 6 - same but with better touches and one of the worst shots I've ever seen

I pretty much agree with you on all counts so it saves me from writing it out again. Frankly if we had Kevin Doyle in the team tonight we would have won. I guess that we are getting what we should expect if we sell a 6.5 million pound striker and replace him with a 300,000 one.

I cannot criticise either the manager or the team tonight and think if they carry on giving 100% like that things will turn round before long.

It just seems that when you are down lady luck just kicks you in the teeth at every turn. We had zero luck tonight but well done to the guys who gave their all.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Oct 2009 23:13

Wow, you are actually a bigot.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Oct 2009 23:13

marysiaska I can't believe we didn't win that match...I thought the team played really well...have to say was dubious about the 6 changes but they played well...how we didn't score is beyond me!!!! so many chances!!!!! Just wasn't to be!!! Leicester were lucky...poor concentration on our part.....players must fell dejeced after not getting a point! 66% possession.!!! Even Coleman and Beagrie said Reading deserved to win!!! Rodgers needs to keep the team tonight against Coventry!!! I know we lost....gutted...but do feel positive......Come on URZ!!!!!!!

They did play well but it was a similar story to the Cardiff game where we played the better football and dominated at times but still lost. I would keep most of the side but Rasiak has to be dropped

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 26 Oct 2009 23:14

Is there anyway the fans can get an answer regarding the obvious fitness issues?

At the next fans forum perhaps?

Why do we wane so much after 65-70 minutes?

Asthmatic ants with heavy shopping

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Oct 2009 23:15

marysiaska I can't believe we didn't win that match...I thought the team played really well...have to say was dubious about the 6 changes but they played well...how we didn't score is beyond me!!!! so many chances!!!!! Just wasn't to be!!! Leicester were lucky...poor concentration on our part.....players must fell dejeced after not getting a point! 66% possession.!!! Even Coleman and Beagrie said Reading deserved to win!!! Rodgers needs to keep the team tonight against Coventry!!! I know we lost....gutted...but do feel positive......Come on URZ!!!!!!!

Well said, it was an uplifting performance that should inspire confidence in all but the most jaded "I want it and I want it now" muppets.

We lost but I think this game might be the turning point. Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Oct 2009 23:15

Fitness was not remotely an issue tonight - we just couldn't hit a barn door.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 26 Oct 2009 23:15

PEARCEY

They did play well but it was a similar story to the Cardiff game where we played the better football and dominated at times but still lost. I would keep most of the side but Rasiak has to be dropped

We need a bloody stricker.End of!! :evil:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Oct 2009 23:17

The whole year inn Is there anyway the fans can get an answer regarding the obvious fitness issues?

At the next fans forum perhaps?

Why do we wane so much after 65-70 minutes?

Asthmatic ants with heavy shopping

There is a fitness issue. Although by now you would have thought the players would be match-fit given its fourteen games into the sesaon.
Or are we wrong and mistaking lack of fitness for a lack of confidence?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:18

PEARCEY

Now is the time for consistency. Build on what that team achieved.Rasiak was involved in at least 3 or 4 of our best chances. He may not move a lot, but he could have scored 2 or 3 and set up Church at least once, if not twice. We absolutely must play the same team to breed confidence and familiarity. Even if that isn't our best 11. Which it isn't.

171 posts