Really back from the game/pub

171 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Really back from the game/pub

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2009 22:35

Right I'm actually feeling strangely positive after that. It may have something to do with winning money at the bookies (£6 profit), or it may be because that was probably the best I've seen Reading play all season. Not that that is saying a great deal.

Generally we played well, had the better possession and chances but coulnd't quite convert anything. With a team in form and confidence we'd have scored 4 or 5 IMO. I'm happy for Rodgers to get a stay of execution after that, which as many will realise is a bit of a turn around for me in recent weeks. That comes with a caveat though. He HAS to play the same 11 in the next game. More changes and he can oxf*rd off.

Federici: 8 - no chance with the goal, two great saves to deny Fryatt + another to stop Howard late on.
Tabb: 8 - yet again not a foot wrong, not a lot going forward but solid defensively
Pearce: 7 - solid defensively, one clanger that didn't matter much not great distribution
Mills: 6 - solid defensively, awful distribution... can you say HOOF.
Bertrand: 5 - ok defensively, poor going forward. Two occasions he could have broken, twice he had a heavy touch in field straight to a defender. I may be being harsh.
McAnuff: 5 - his usual self, very good in patches in the first half mostly anonymous second half. Very unlucky not to score though.
Siggurdsson: 6 - looked good but wasted out wide IMO, still better there than Howard would have been
Howard: 6 - looked quite good, but didn't contribute enough and gave the ball away to easily too often
Matejovsky: 7 - brilliant in places with excellent skill and passing vision. Still gave the ball away far too cheaply in non-through ball situations
Church: 6 - excellent young player who just hasn't quite got the finnishing we needed
Rasiak: 6 - best game I've seen for him. was a nuisance and not bad. obviously lacking confidence

Long: 6 - ok couple of nice touches nothing more
Kebe: 6 - same but with better touches and one of the worst shots I've ever seen

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Really back from the game/pub

by Deathy » 26 Oct 2009 22:38

The Kebe shot that actually ended up going away from goal in a banana shapped fashion, and out for a throw. :lol: - He's dump.
Shane Long. Few nice touches? His useless useless self, but a half a stone heavier at least. - He's dump.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 26 Oct 2009 22:38

Are you joking about Tabb? He was garbage and should have been on the back post which would have made it a draw. Mills was our best defender tonihgt

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 26 Oct 2009 22:40

Jeffers217 Are you joking about Tabb? He was garbage and should have been on the back post which would have made it a draw. Mills was our best defender tonihgt

You don't put midgets on the posts.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2009 22:40

Jeffers217 Are you joking about Tabb? He was garbage and should have been on the back post which would have made it a draw. Mills was our best defender tonihgt

What, and leave his man unmarked? Someone should have been on the back post, and normally that would be the right back. But as no one else was marking the player on the back stick Tabb had no other choice.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 26 Oct 2009 22:41

And Rasiak was at his normal self----fucking useless. I'm suprised Ian Royal, usually you are very accurate...tonight I'm left thinking how many beers you've had

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Oct 2009 22:43

Ian. What the fcuck are you on??? Rasiak's performance was pitiful.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2009 22:45

Jeffers217 And Rasiak was at his normal self----oxf*rd useless. I'm suprised Ian Royal, usually you are very accurate...tonight I'm left thinking how many beers you've had

Three pints of Deuchars.

I thought Rasiak won a fair bit in the air, had a couple of chances he could have put away and set up Church once or twice. Compared to his normal contribution (zero) I thought that was good. And he definitely offers us a little something different to the rest of our strikers up front.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 26 Oct 2009 22:48

Deathy The Kebe shot that actually ended up going away from goal in a banana shapped fashion, and out for a throw. :lol: - He's dump.
Shane Long. Few nice touches? His useless useless self, but a half a stone heavier at least. - He's dump.

forgetting the only decent crosses that came in was from Kebe late in the game, selective memory?

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 26 Oct 2009 22:49

Ian Royal
Jeffers217 And Rasiak was at his normal self----oxf*rd useless. I'm suprised Ian Royal, usually you are very accurate...tonight I'm left thinking how many beers you've had

Three pints of Deuchars.

I thought Rasiak won a fair bit in the air, had a couple of chances he could have put away and set up Church once or twice. Compared to his normal contribution (zero) I thought that was good. And he definitely offers us a little something different to the rest of our strikers up front.

Ah I wish I'd had 3 beers- never used to have to drink to enjoy Reading in the prem but now it's much more thrilling.
I take all your points on board but what Rasiak offers is humour to the oppo0sition fans- even Leroy Lita's penis has more chance of hitting the back of the net!

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 26 Oct 2009 22:50

Rasiak was as good as I've seen him first half. But got worse ... and worse.

Bertrand is now a shell of the player we had at the beginning of the season. Defensively he's fine .. but we need something going forward and he just seems to wilt anywhere past the halfway line.

Pearce is simply not good enough.

Mills had good moments. And absolute shockers.

I honestly thought McAnuff had been subbed after about an hour.

Tabb was 7 out of 10 as per. He strayed from his post for the corner but there was an attacker to mark. I would have expected the keeper to at least have a go at a header from 9 yards out from a player who had to lean backwards to even get to it. Typical Feds. 2 or 3 great saves ... but could have done better with the goal Caught a bit in no mans land.

Sig is a good player but sadly has zero pace.

Long ... seriously. A professional athlete?

Matyofffsky .. usual. By far the most skilful player on the pitch. Some glorious passes. And some utter nightmares. Sad that such a gifted player has not made more of himself really.

We have nothing up front. NOTHING. And as long as that remains, you could have Sir Alex in charge and it wouldn't make one jot of difference.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 26 Oct 2009 22:52

Not good enough in the second half. Matejovsky MOTM by a mile.

Not even Schards pre-match leg positioning helped us!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 26 Oct 2009 22:53

^ Agree with the last comment. Until we have two decent strikers up front we really have had it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Oct 2009 22:57

SLAMMED Not good enough in the second half. Matejovsky MOTM by a mile.

Not even Schards pre-match leg positioning helped us!

What are you on about??

FWIW I thought Rasiak was pretty dump - he never JUMPS for a ball. I wouldn't have taken Sig off either. Rodgers post match comments besides about 50 "you know"s stated that he thought we have confidence and lately we've been lacking in the final third - err derrrr, what about in defence? We've let in a lot of goals mate. :roll:

And as for the PA announcer - "let's back the boys for ANOTHER 3 points" WTF. Just go man. NOW.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 26 Oct 2009 22:59

Royal Lady What are you on about??

:lol: :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Oct 2009 23:01

You do know which one is Schards do you? Only the bloke with his leg over the seats was Russell Street's dad. :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Oct 2009 23:01

MM gave the best midfield display by a Reading player tonight since Sidwell left.

Church's movement is excellent and he played very well in all but the most vital aspect of the game.

Anyone still wanting Rodgers out after that performance is either blind or stupid. And what a great interview he gave Sky. Top man.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 26 Oct 2009 23:02

Royal Lady You do know which one is Schards do you? Only the bloke with his leg over the seats was Russell Street's dad. :roll:

I know which one is schards, he sits to the left of you.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2009 23:03

Royal Rother MM gave the best midfield display by a Reading player tonight since Sidwell left.

Church's movement is excellent and he played very well in all but the most vital aspect of the game.

Anyone still wanting Rodgers out after that performance is either blind or stupid. And what a great interview he gave Sky. Top man.

How many games have you actually seen this season Rother?

Just checking, because I agree with you based on that game, but that is the best we've played that I've seen by a country mile and the only semi-decent bit of management I've seen from Rodgers

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Oct 2009 23:04

I suppose some drones will come home and say that we were unlucky tonight. Missing clear cut chances is not bad luck, it is bad play. Wretched and woeful finishing throughout. A good many of these clear cut chances were created by Matejovsky who astonishing rarely starts for us. But then again, Rodgers tactics continue to mystify; Church taken off for the god-awful Rasiak :| ? Church missed chance after chance but at least he was getting into positions and he shows some good movement. Rasiak? He plays like he has rigor-mortis.

After such a lively first half we were devoid of ideas and spirit second half. Special mention to Matt Mills who must represent the worst 7 figure signing ever made; strong in the air, but beaten time and time again for pace by Fryatt despite continually having a two yard head start, his distribution is also appaling and makes Alex Pearce look like Franco Baresi. Talking of whom, dropped for the last half a dozen games then suddenly back in the side.....as captain, wtf? :|

3 goals scored in the second half of league games this season, one was a penalty and another came when we were 4-0 down. There are loads of stats you could throw at Rodgers and in all honesty it is hard to feel sorry for a man who walked out of the first club to give an unknown young coach a chance at being a manager after 6 months, a man who talks about having a world class model, a man who talks about signing plauers from other clubs before a fee has been agreed, need I go on? He is probably doomed to fail here at Reading and who would really feel sorry for him.

171 posts