FAO Doom n' Gloomers: Rodgers terrible signings

127 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: FAO Doom n' Gloomers: Rodgers terrible signings

by sandman » 04 Nov 2009 20:31

Rodgers wasn't to blame for the whole thing but anyone who thinks his comments had no effect at all is extremely naive. Given the conduct of the club previously while conducting transfer business that case showed this manager's inexperience and was a mistake.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Nov 2009 21:51

Ian Royal Dirk has told us many times that we enquired about his price and then left it until we'd sold the players we needed to, to raise the cash. Watford raised the price, we met it again. Then got gazzumped by Pompey at the eleventh hour.

Personally I'd take his version of events over yours, simply because he does at least have soome verified connections to the club, whereas you have squat and are trying to assign blame.

Not at all. I'm just refuting claims made earlier in the thread that Rodgers was to blame.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 04 Nov 2009 22:35

Ideal Yet he was to blame, you naive toddler!
Clearly he wanted to take advantage of his INSIDE KNOWLEDGE OF WATFORD'S FINANCES.
We then lowballed Watford.
That backfired.
Egg on face.
Simple. Factual. Logical.

Hypotheticalol

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Nov 2009 22:36

winchester_royal
Ian Royal Dirk has told us many times that we enquired about his price and then left it until we'd sold the players we needed to, to raise the cash. Watford raised the price, we met it again. Then got gazzumped by Pompey at the eleventh hour.

Personally I'd take his version of events over yours, simply because he does at least have soome verified connections to the club, whereas you have squat and are trying to assign blame.

Not at all. I'm just refuting claims made earlier in the thread that Rodgers was to blame.

By blaming Hammond.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 05 Nov 2009 01:25

I blame: the lack of proper border controls, the Health and Safety Executive, the breakdown of the family, the loss of respect for authority, the Lisbon Treaty, the striking postal workers, hip hop, the banking fraternity, Peter Mandelson, Islamic extremism, hoodies and, above all, the modern day Blame Culture.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Nov 2009 01:57

Pseud O'Nym I blame: the lack of proper border controls, the Health and Safety Executive, the breakdown of the family, the loss of respect for authority, the Lisbon Treaty, the striking postal workers, hip hop, the banking fraternity, Peter Mandelson, Islamic extremism, hoodies and, above all, the modern day Blame Culture.

What about the Jews?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Nov 2009 08:07

Keep them out of it. :wink:

127 posts