Back from the game: It was better...

194 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game: It was better...

by Archie's penalty » 07 Nov 2009 21:48

Terminal Boardom
Archie's penalty
The whole year inn Alex Pearce on the ball :shock:

He reminds me of when you watch Rugby Union players trying to play league - it just looks wrong

He is not a footballer

Well NOT a footballer is a bit strong but am not a fan. Slow of body and mind.

Loved his mickick on the touchline against Cardiff :lol:

I pissed myself with his miskick against Leicester

Oops I meant Leicester!

A couple of minutes later he then headed it straight to a Leicester player in the middle of the pitch. Every game I go to he makes some kind of big mistake. Liability unfortunately.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 Nov 2009 21:51

What had me screaming into my bovril was how Fed "handled" the long range shot in the second half from the Ipswich player who ran unchallenged for about 40 yards. He looked as if he was trying to catch like a girl!

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 07 Nov 2009 21:53

:shock: Didn't think Pearce was that bad this match. For the Ipswich goal though, I was wondering why all the defenders seemed to be faffing around with the ball in front of the goal instead of getting rid of it somehow.

John Peel

by John Peel » 07 Nov 2009 21:54

I can't understand when people say Church is sh*t. His positioning and reading of the game is better than Championship level. However, his finishing is gash at the moment. If he gets that sorted he'll make a lot people on here eat their words.

I'm usually a Marek fan for me he had his worst game first half. Second half improvement, as with the rest of the team. I would keep the same team for Blackpool bar one - bring back O'Dea.

Overall, it was the best I felt after a home game for some time. Although that's not saying much I guess :D

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 07 Nov 2009 21:56

John Peel I can't understand when people say Church is sh*t. His positioning and reading of the game is better than Championship level. However, his finishing is gash at the moment. If he gets that sorted he'll make a lot people on here eat their words.

It would help if he and Rasiak were on the same wavelength as their passing to each other wasn't always the best... I guess that comes with experience though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Nov 2009 21:58

No complaints from me today

More than enough opportunities to win the game (with more luck and correct penelty decisions we may well of).

Marek remains and enigma for me....crazy poor ballplay, followed up with an occasionally sublime ball (and even a tackle or two today :shock: )

Thought Frankie (Howard had a good game and is slowly winning folk over

Would've taken off Church for Longy today tho' (our forward line ended up looking too lightweight, whilst we were in the ascendency),

Rasiak was winning most of everything, and was troubling their back line.

A discreet well done to Feds, a cupple of great saves at crucial times

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Nov 2009 22:01

Royalee Pearce is better than Ingimarsson - Ivar should be dropped and Mills or O'Dea should come in. The goals against per game and where they've come from say it all unfortunately, he's not in the same class as he used to be and he was 'steady' rather than 'outstanding' at his best.

Thoroughly agree. I'd like O'Dea in his composure, bit of pace and skill on the ball would compliment Pearce better than Ivar.

Pearce - 1.27 goals conceeded per 90 minutes on the pitch
O'Dea - 1.54 goals conceeded per 90 minutes on the pitch
Ingimarsson - 1.69 goals conceeded per 90 minutes on the pitch
Mills - 1.98 goals conceeded per 90 minutes on the pitch

Harsh on Mills who got all of QPR, while Ivar got himself sent off so missed two of the goals.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Nov 2009 22:02

Get O'Dea in for Pearce then.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 Nov 2009 22:04

What doesn't help is that it looks as if Rasiak and Church have never been introduced to each other. There is no combination or partnership visible between the two. No cohesion whatsoever. They look like total strangers which begs the question wtf do they do in training?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Nov 2009 22:04

Second half was better than the first half - first sign I've seen of a half-time talk actually making a positive difference.

In the second half the full-backs were supporting the wingers a lot more as well as over-lapping, and Sig must have been reminded he was meant to be playing wide, because all through the first half he kept being drawn into the centre.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Nov 2009 22:05

Ian Royal
Royalee Pearce is better than Ingimarsson - Ivar should be dropped and Mills or O'Dea should come in. The goals against per game and where they've come from say it all unfortunately, he's not in the same class as he used to be and he was 'steady' rather than 'outstanding' at his best.

Thoroughly agree. I'd like O'Dea in his composure, bit of pace and skill on the ball would compliment Pearce better than Ivar.

Harsh on Mills who got all of QPR, while Ivar got himself sent off so missed two of the goals.

Have you become snowball? Pearce is clearly a worse defender than Ingi even if Ingi has been making some mistakes this year.

Do you not remember the Newcastle game?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 07 Nov 2009 22:05

Ian Royal

LOL that's got to be singularly the most pointless piece of statting ever... :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Nov 2009 22:12

Archie's penalty
Ian Royal

Have you become snowball? Pearce is clearly a worse defender than Ingi even if Ingi has been making some mistakes this year.

Do you not remember the Newcastle game?

Didn't see it.

I've seen Pearce play v Forest, Donny, P'boro, Leicester and bits of Ipswich.
I've seen Ivar play v Watford, QPR and bits of Ipswich.

Pearce has shown me way more quality moments than Ivar, and fewer moments of self inflicted shitness. The whole team as awful against P'boro second half and I firmly believe the problems came from midfield. I have seen Pearce make very few mistakes that have cost us goals, even watching the highlights. It's another story for Ivar. He gave away another goal through an error today and he was abysmal against QPR in his brief 45 mins and 7 seconds.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Nov 2009 22:16

But Ivar is better on the floor, quicker than Pearce even though he is 11 years younger, better at organising, more intelligent.

I have watched Pearce in four games on telly/live that I can remember.

1) Watford away last year - terrible mistake for one of their goals.

2) Sheffield Wednesday away - at fault for their goal.

3) Newcastle away - at fault completely for one of their goals.

4) Leicester - all over the place - messy.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Nov 2009 22:30

I thought it was Rasiak who headed the ball away weakly prior to their goal but I may be wrong.
A poor game between two sides that look to have a fight on their hands against relegation and our recent improvement seemed to have petered out.
Their goal-for what must be the 40th time or more during the last 3 years it was a case of defenders not taking responsibility,nobody wanted to clear the ball.

As I see it that is a major problem for us at both ends of the pitch.In our area nobody takes responsibility for making the ball theirs and so often it's "after you,no,after you..........GOAL".
In the other side's area it's "Oh I thought you were going to have a shot,no,I thought you were.....".ball cleared.

Man of the match?
The much-maligned Rosenior?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Nov 2009 22:41

Victor Meldrew I thought it was Rasiak who headed the ball away weakly prior to their goal but I may be wrong.
A poor game between two sides that look to have a fight on their hands against relegation and our recent improvement seemed to have petered out.
Their goal-for what must be the 40th time or more during the last 3 years it was a case of defenders not taking responsibility,nobody wanted to clear the ball.

As I see it that is a major problem for us at both ends of the pitch.In our area nobody takes responsibility for making the ball theirs and so often it's "after you,no,after you..........GOAL".
In the other side's area it's "Oh I thought you were going to have a shot,no,I thought you were.....".ball cleared.

Man of the match?
The much-maligned Rosenior?
gotta agree (despite not having much time for the guy when he was with us...oops he still is) he looked the real deal today

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Nov 2009 22:42

Victor Meldrew Their goal-for what must be the 40th time or more during the last 3 years it was a case of defenders not taking responsibility,nobody wanted to clear the ball.

In my view it was a clear case of Federici failing to control his area, and staying rooted to his line.

midfield diamond

by midfield diamond » 07 Nov 2009 22:58

Terminal Boardom What doesn't help is that it looks as if Rasiak and Church have never been introduced to each other. There is no combination or partnership visible between the two. No cohesion whatsoever. They look like total strangers which begs the question wtf do they do in training?

Surely Rodgers must realise that the strikers we have are just not good enough. Rasiak is mediocre, Church is too inexperienced and Long is way below his previous standard as an impact substitute.
The Madman must be pressed to release some funds for a loan striker otherwise the dire home form will continue

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Nov 2009 23:01

Archie's penalty But Ivar is better on the floor, quicker than Pearce even though he is 11 years younger, better at organising, more intelligent.

I have watched Pearce in four games on telly/live that I can remember.

1) Watford away last year - terrible mistake for one of their goals.

2) Sheffield Wednesday away - at fault for their goal.

3) Newcastle away - at fault completely for one of their goals.

4) Leicester - all over the place - messy.

Disagree about Leicester. I also disagree Ivar is quicker. Yes, he's better on the floor, but he's weaker in the air, he's easily turned and we've not been well organised under his captaincy, we've not kept a single clean sheet with him on the pitch.

This is all about opinions though so fair enough. Maybe I'm more in the Pearce camp than Ivar camp, because Ivar is fading and Pearce could be the future (unless we get promoted).

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 Nov 2009 23:06

midfield diamond
Terminal Boardom What doesn't help is that it looks as if Rasiak and Church have never been introduced to each other. There is no combination or partnership visible between the two. No cohesion whatsoever. They look like total strangers which begs the question wtf do they do in training?

Surely Rodgers must realise that the strikers we have are just not good enough. Rasiak is mediocre, Church is too inexperienced and Long is way below his previous standard as an impact substitute.
The Madman must be pressed to release some funds for a loan striker otherwise the dire home form will continue

SJM will not spend a single penny on this club. BR knows the score. His ambition was to manage our club. He is simply doing the job he wants and if he had to stand neck deep in chicken shit he would do it.

Yes, SJm has done wonderful things for this club but from the moment we got that point at Leicester, he has been shitting himself. And yet he is still the owner as no-one is prepared to pay what he wants!

194 posts