Where's Madejski?

315 posts
Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

Where's Madejski?

by Sir Dodger Royal » 08 Nov 2009 11:22

Where's the Chairman is he dead?

I saw a muppet in the upper tier of the West Stand but not sure who he was or why he cruicifying Reading FC.

He has no balls and is gutless. What about an appearance on the pitch so that we can mock the Madman. Strange he is such a whimp. For one who has such a great ego and has spent years chasing Press & Radio coverage he appears to have lost his voice.

These STATS say it all about Reading FC:

STAT ATTACK

Reading.............Ipswich
4....Shots On Target.....6
13...Shots Off Target....312...Fouls (Conceded)...13
12.........Corners.........5
0.......Yellow Cards.......0
0.........Red Cards........0

Only a plonker like the Chairman who reckons Reading FC is worth £100million could take no action and be in such cuckoo land that the men in white coats will be coming for him soon.

Thanks for yesterday but you are and will no doubt continue to ruin Reading FC with your lack of leadership.

Time to clear off and make it quickkkkkkkkkkk.

Even the RTGs have no balls. What this Club needs is demonstration against the Chairman. Alex Ferguson could do little in the current situation.

Come on let's give the Madman a rough ride. You know it makes senseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Where's the Gutless Muppet?

by Dirk Gently » 08 Nov 2009 11:57

Yawn, yawn, yawn - heard it all before, for several years (although unaccountably not during 06-08).

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 08 Nov 2009 12:13

Maybe he has a point as RFC are not exactly getting any loan signings in (as recently waffled on about in the local press) and that clearly states that no more money is going to be used despite everyone else recognising where the problems lie i.e. lack of goals for a start. It's not about throwing millions at RFC but some form of addtion to the current squad i.e. the possibility of a loan striker to at least give the team a chance.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 08 Nov 2009 12:37

SDR \o/ missed you mate!!!!11!!

midfield diamond

by midfield diamond » 08 Nov 2009 12:41

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Nov 2009 12:49

Time for SJM to go on the pitch pre-match and give a rousing speech to stir up the troops! I think not. He is a gutless coward. It is easy to milk the adulation as he did even as far back os 94/95 with his walk in front of 5,000 plus away fans at trashton gate. When the chips are down he is nowhere to be seen.

Either face the music or get out NOW!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Nov 2009 14:22

It wouldn't be a wise move for him to show his face before a game as the response would be rather less than lukewarm at best.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 08 Nov 2009 14:33

so you want him to go huh?..may I ask who you guys have in mind to take his place?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Nov 2009 14:44

Chaney so you want him to go huh?..may I ask who you guys have in mind to take his place?

Someone who can be committed to driving the football club forwards rather than letting it drift aimlessly.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Nov 2009 14:46

Terminal Boardom
Chaney so you want him to go huh?..may I ask who you guys have in mind to take his place?

Someone who can be committed to driving the football club forwards rather than letting it drift aimlessly.

And who would that be?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Nov 2009 14:47

winchester_royal
Terminal Boardom

And who would that be?

Like I move in the circles that include multi-millionaires? :roll:

working class hero

by working class hero » 08 Nov 2009 15:06

RFC for sale for £80 - 100 million.

Glasgow Rangers allegedly available for circa £30 million.

If I had a spare £100 million I would prefer to buy the 'Gers and pump in money for players with the loose change.

Also I wouldn't be dumped with a Stadium named after an egotistical tightwad.
Funny how NUFC have a man who has paid off huge debts and pumped in millions and they criticise him for selling naming rights.....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Nov 2009 15:08

working class hero RFC for sale for £80 - 100 million.

Glasgow Rangers allegedly available for circa £30 million.

If I had a spare £100 million I would prefer to buy the 'Gers and pump in money for players with the loose change.

Also I wouldn't be dumped with a Stadium named after an egotistical tightwad.
Funny how NUFC have a man who has paid off huge debts and pumped in millions and they criticise him for selling naming rights.....

Couldn't agree more. Who in their right mind would pay £80 million for Reading FC? I sure as hell wouldn't. Both Newcastle and 'Gers would represent far better value for money as well as greater opoortunity for ego massaging!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Nov 2009 15:23

Newcastle and Rangers still have a lot of debt, we will be almost debt free by the end of the season

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Nov 2009 15:27

WoodleyRoyal Newcastle and Rangers still have a lot of debt, we will be almost debt free by the end of the season

No we won't. We'll run at a more acceptable level of debt and a lower loss each season, but we'll be no where near out of debt given how much we owe Madejski.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Nov 2009 15:30

Dirk Gently Yawn, yawn, yawn - heard it all before, for several years (although unaccountably not during 06-08).

But those years make our Chairman's current silence and lack of 'in our face' visibility even more culpable. Exceptionally keen to reap the plaudits in the good times, he doesn't seem so keen to stick his head above the parapet now there's a few brickbats flying around.

Took us to the top but now threatens to destroy it all with his 'financial prudence' and publically stated desire to get out at the right (to him) price.

Perhaps he is now tired with his toy.

We desperately need a high quality striker on loan and then purchased in the transfer window. No doubt Madejski's often repeated (even this season!!) desire to get back to the PL will have him looking down the back of his settee in the hope he can find some small change and tell us all that his manager had funding available but chose not to use it.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 08 Nov 2009 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Nov 2009 15:32

RoyalBlue
Dirk Gently Yawn, yawn, yawn - heard it all before, for several years (although unaccountably not during 06-08).

But those years make our Chairman's current silence and lack of 'in our face' visibility even more culpable. Exceptionally keen to reap the plaudits in the good times, he doesn't seem so keen to stick his head above the parapet now there's a few brickbats flying around.

Took us to the top but now threatens to destroy it all with his 'financial prudence' and publically stated desire to get out at the right (to him) price.

Why on earth would he? Our problems are on the pitch. We've spent a lot already this season and still he gets slated for being tight. He releases financial information as demanded and it makes no difference.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. At times like this it is exactly right for the Chairman to take a back seat.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Nov 2009 15:36

Ian Royal
WoodleyRoyal Newcastle and Rangers still have a lot of debt, we will be almost debt free by the end of the season

No we won't. We'll run at a more acceptable level of debt and a lower loss each season, but we'll be no where near out of debt given how much we owe Madejski.

I'd rather have debt (which he said he is prepared to write off) to someone like him than millions owed to banks

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Nov 2009 15:41

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue

Why on earth would he? Our problems are on the pitch. We've spent a lot already this season and still he gets slated for being tight. He releases financial information as demanded and it makes no difference.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. At times like this it is exactly right for the Chairman to take a back seat.

I never realised that Sun Tzu had a twin brother!

When your organisation is facing crisis, that is the very last occasion when you want the Chairman taking a back seat.

Spent a lot?!!! Not given the value and quality of players that he insisted left the club to balance the books. There is one main reason why we are in trouble on the pitch and that is the budget range of tools that Madejski and Hammond left the manager with to do his job. A view also expressed yesterday by a former Reading manager who I would suggest knows far more about professional football than you, I and Madejski put together.

As for the selected financial information that he finally released - if you are prepared to take that as gospel then I reckon used car and double glazing salesmen would have a field day with you. Just look out for that email from the African diplomat keen to share his wealth with you!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 Nov 2009 15:53

He was on Lower Earley Way in his bentley this very morning, heading towards Winnersh Crossroads, probably had a meeting at the Moat House, about 10-30am.

315 posts