437 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rodgers is still the right man

by Ian Royal » 17 Jul 2010 20:31

Dirk Gently
handbags_harris
Brendan Rodgers "From today I have become the biggest supporter of Swansea City

Where the f*ck have we heard similar bullsh*t before?

And what do you expect him to say?

For the n thousandth time, LOL @ anyone who takes seriously or takes exception to what people in football say to journalists.....

You don't need to take it seriously to ridicule it Dirk. The point is it is so obviously patronising soundbite bullshit.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Jul 2010 20:40

Terminal Boardom
Royal Rother
floyd__streete I think that Rodgers has somehow landed an excellent job at Swansea. They are probably the best side I have seen over the last two seasons since we have been back in the Championship. Add a 20 goal striker to their side and they should be top six certainties, they absolutely stacked it last season when well-placed.

For me, that six months when Rodgers was in charge was one of the least enjoyable times following RFC. I can't recall a single game that I particularly enjoyed, the football was ineffective and dull to watch. Nothwithstanding that absymal six months in charge at Reading, there must be question marks over his ability given the absolute lack of youth players making an impact on the Chelsea first team squad in recent years. After all, we saw the standard in Shaun Cummings, utterly woeful footballer. Bertrand was a little better but even he is along way away from being top class.

You come across people who bullsh*t their way through life, and it seems to me that Rodgers might be one of those people. Fair play to him for bluffing his way into a very cushy looking job at Swansea; extraordinary really given his lack of track record.

Here we f*cking go. Give it a rest Floyd, you c*nt.

To be fair RR, FS has a seriously valid point. BR so far has proven to be nothing more than a blag merchant. The sort of person you would find flogging replacement windows and conservatories outside a well known DIY store.

I was merely aping Floyd's earlier post. Maybe the intended humour was lost!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Jul 2010 20:48

Anyone fancy some trolling on the Swansea website?

Or maybe just speaking some sense?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Jul 2010 21:04

I'm sure Wycombe Royal's already on the case. That guy gets everywhere!!

Any way good luck to BR. I hopes he learns to calm down and accept that his teams short comings r his own too.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Jul 2010 21:05

I'm sure Wycombe Royal's already on the case. That guy gets everywhere!!

Any way good luck to BR. I hopes he learns to calm down and accept that his teams short comings r his own too. I'm told he still blames everything that happened here on the players.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 17 Jul 2010 22:01

Will his twatness' appointment save us some compensation?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Jul 2010 22:23

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Jul 2010 23:48

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe I'm sure Wycombe Royal's already on the case. That guy gets everywhere!!

It depends how bored I am at work on Monday.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 17 Jul 2010 23:58

Dear God, can people let it go?
It didn't work out for us, but if he was as successful for as as he was at Watford (that lot loved him before he became 'Judas' for joining us) we wouldn't give a damn what he said.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Jul 2010 11:52

Remember the fact that STAR SUPERFANS had an absolute boner gaining access to the bumper book of fantastic football tactics.
Cor ain't he good, he's got a big soccer book!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Jul 2010 12:06

I can pick up the phone to him, I can text him and he replies very quickly.

I don't know where to begin with a comment like that.
Worship at the temple of Jose.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 18 Jul 2010 12:39

More diatribe from the "Chosen Ones Apprentice"....quote " I supposedly was Britains up-and-coming manager !! :roll: ...obviously learning his prose from his master as well!!!.....bet Swansea fans cant wait for his programme notes :D

Brendan Rodgers believes that his short experience at Reading will benefit the Swans

Rodgers was speaking at the end of the week in which he succeeded Paulo Sousa as Swans manager having watched his new side win their pre-season game 1-0 at Yeovil yesterday.

He told Wales on Sunday “Twelve months ago I was supposedly the up-and-coming top young British manager “Nothing has changed for me in that sense".

“Reading was a very short period of my career. I have learnt from the experience and it will make me a better manager for Swansea.

“I’m not arrogant enough to think there will never be a question mark over me.

“But I became a manager of a Championship club at 35 and I did that because I was pretty good at it.

“It’s football and you always know there are three types of supporters.

“There’s the loyal supporters that will back the club and any manager.

“There’s the second group that want to accept you into the club but you have to prove yourself to them.

“And then there’s the third group – the critics. Those are the guys that would say Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Carlos Ancelotti aren’t great.

“You can never change them. The only way you silence them is by winning games and winning them in the way they want you to.

“When it comes to my spell at Reading, I suppose my heart took me back to a club and a place I knew well,” he explained.

“But it was probably the wrong time to do what I was looking to do there.

“People will have seen here at Swansea that it takes longer to coach players to win games by playing good football.

“It takes longer than six months, especially if that isn’t how the club have played before.

“I know, having spoken to Roberto, there were times in the early stages here when it didn’t work. It took time.

“So, for me, 21 games wasn’t long enough. The sad thing for me is that we were starting to turn the corner when I left.

“The ethos and principles on which I coach are already in place here,” he stressed.

“It’s just a case of developing that. So I suppose, if there’s a message for the fans, it’s that I will hopefully be judged on what I do here.”

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Jul 2010 12:46

The bloke is so far up his own ass it makes me cringe. I feel for Swansea City.

"Starting to turn the corner?" Does he mean the corner that leads to League 1 then?! That is the shittest football I have seen at the Mad Stad for quite some time & I hope never to have to see it again. Sideways passing with no cutting edge or wingplay whatsoever. If that is total football you can keep it.

Deluded arrogant no-mark twat. Sacked by xmas & then hopefully he'll fcuk off for good.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 18 Jul 2010 12:48

"It takes longer to coach players to win by playing good football"

Didn't take Brian McDermott long, did it?

Ryn

by Ryn » 18 Jul 2010 13:49

I feel for the Swansea fans, I really do. After a period of success and attractive football under Martinez, they now have to suffer the misery of Brendan Rodgers and some of the most dire football I have ever witnessed.

Still, rather them than us.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 18 Jul 2010 14:06

He is either the unluckiest genius in football history, or a shameless self publicist with little ability and a delusional belief he is as good as Jose. I liked the guy, and wish him and Swansea well, but I have a sneaking suspicion they will not do very well and read lots about "Jose" and "world class" whilst watching their team lose a lot.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 19 Jul 2010 20:16

Dirk Gently
PremAddict So are there any pics someone can post on his big book? Just that I never saw it and was curious. does it look something like the gutenberg bible, gilded edges and all? Just curious as it has been referenced time and again.

It's a standard A4 document, put together on ink-jet, bound with acetate front cover and a comb binder.

Many thanks DG.

I think I will create my own book and pass it out to the family. It might take 6 months or longer for the children and missus to get the hang of my ethos but I am nevertheless assured of success.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 23 Jul 2010 00:09

I have to say this has given me great comfort. I'm on an internship this summer which will only fail to lead to a job if I'm shit. If that happens, surely I can bullshit my way into another job based upon this. The whole world could see what a poor job Rodgers did for us; how did he land what is in reality a very decent job? I think he's done better than Coppell. How?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 23 Jul 2010 08:55

Some people need to let go.......

Rodgers had a bad six months here was sacked with us just outside the drop zone and lumbered us with 1 probably bad player in Shaun Cummings, hardly a painful legacy is it? We'll never really know IF he could have turned it round (though I doubt it would have been as good as it was under BM) and it'll be interesting to see if he does well with Swansea. The bloke never had a bad word to say about the fans and regardless of how much 'bs' he spouted he has always wanted Reading to do well and worked hard for the club in whatever role he was in.

On that basis good luck BR, hope it goes well.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Jul 2010 09:06

Well said.

Football (and especially related message boards) really does bring out irrational vitriol and rank unpleasantness in otherwise perfectly reasonable people.

437 posts