Back from the game (Wednesday away)

themadstad

Re: Back from the game (Wednesday away)

by themadstad » 06 Dec 2009 11:56

First half was poor from both sides. The ball was up in the air too much. At half time it looked like it'd be a boring 0-0, clean sheet at least :? Considering I thought we'd lose this 2-1.

However, we came out in the 2nd half and played better. Not as great as Brendan has said but it was better and we were the better team. We took the advantage with both goals taken well. Specially Cisse's goal, great to be chanting his name, reminded me of Bristol away last season. :)

Sheffield Wednesday looked poor but we managed to get a win with a clean sheet. Although, you could say it was generally scrappy game. This could be a key win and beating teams around us that are in poor form, for me, is important.

Kebe wasn't good he had a decent near chance but took too long with the ball. McAnuff put some decent crosses in.....2 in particular I thought Rasiak should've scored from.

Atmosphere started ok from the home crowd. They had their happy clappers and drummers. Though they started to go quiet, as for us in the first half LOL. Second half was better from us and it was the home crowd that was quiet, not dead but in contrast to the first 30 minutes the home crowd were quiet.

We were the better team overall and deserved to win with, as I said, the second goal in particular being well earned.

heathrow royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: As seen on Soccer AM and somewhere between Heathrow and Southampton airport!!!

by heathrow royal » 06 Dec 2009 12:32

Both teams were poor for me in the 1st half, then all of a sudden after the break we looked good going forward. Credit to Jobi, Jay Tabb and Cisse as i thought they had a superb game.

My MOM will go to Jobi as he is getting better with every game he plays

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 06 Dec 2009 12:36

Royal Rother All this "attrocious support" bollocks makes me smile - let me get this straight - having embarked on a 320 mile round trip to watch your lowly placed team on a Saturday afternoon you are then expected to sing and chant in the most boring half of football you've seen in years?

Sounds to me the people who went, quiet or not, are proper supporters.

I don't have much argument with that, I'm just genuinely surprised and curious. I thought the support of late has been pretty good, all things considered. Certainly we didn't have much to get excited about, but normally you'd expect the traveling support to try to push the team on to better things. I'm not sure what happened.

Jobbo no.11

by Jobbo no.11 » 06 Dec 2009 12:54

RobRoyal
Royal Rother All this "attrocious support" bollocks makes me smile - let me get this straight - having embarked on a 320 mile round trip to watch your lowly placed team on a Saturday afternoon you are then expected to sing and chant in the most boring half of football you've seen in years?

I don't have much argument with that, I'm just genuinely surprised and curious. I thought the support of late has been pretty good, all things considered. Certainly we didn't have much to get excited about, but normally you'd expect the traveling support to try to push the team on to better things. I'm not sure what happened.

Lets just leave it as a one off hey and hope brizzle away is as good as last year.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 06 Dec 2009 15:24

Archie's penalty
floyd__streete
Archie's penalty Totally agree Floyd. They were poor though weren't they?

They were absolute mince, AP. A disconsolate Wednesdayite in the pub afterwards described them as a team of triers, but they had no quality today. Today, and for the first time this season, I felt that Reading over the 90 minutes had a bit more in every department than our opposition. Hurrah.

Indeed. I'm surprised Laws hasn't been sacked yet. .

Some bloke did shout at me that he should be sacked on the way back to the car.

I honestly didn't think Cisse did much except for his goal. When Wednesday got the ball in midfield, it was quickly through onto our defence and our midfield really didn't do its job screening the two centrebacks.

Kebe was hilariously awful. The one time he opened up a hint of pace, he ended up twisting himself into knots. :|

It is rubbish being down there with the rumblesticks above you. Still, no chant from kick off to the 40th minute?

I'd like to think we were waiting for the first successful RFC pass of the game.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 06 Dec 2009 15:51

RobRoyal

What i found strange was that it was nothing to do with the game itself. The moment i walked with 15 minutes until kick off i could tell that no body would be singing.I recalled one half arsed rendition of blue army through the whole of the first half. The only things i can put it down to are the long drive and the lack of beer at the ground.We won in the end which is much more important.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 07 Dec 2009 03:29

A decent result against a side who are in big, big trouble on the basis of that performance. Sheff Wed lacked creativity and defensively weren't up to much either. The next two homes are crucial as there are some tough games on the horizon where i can't see us getting much return.

Agree with the views on the players. The (England) band's attempts to ruin my afternoon were silenced in the 2nd half when it was finally worth making some noise as we could be heard, the noise doesn't sound so good when the roof is way above you, the players are up the other end of the pitch and you have a terrible view being so low down behind the goal.

At least the goals were up our end!

Ryn

by Ryn » 07 Dec 2009 07:54

Thanks for all the reports guys.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2009 21:03

Just watched the highlights.

Think Rasiak really should have put away at least one more of his 4 or 5 good chances, but fair play he got us infront. We were very lucky not to conceed an equaliser, excellent effort from Varney. Agree about Cisse's first touch in the build up to the second goal being heavy and a better team winning it there. But well done for him to break into the box and apply a very cool finish.

Their disallowed goal, not sure about offside, but definitely handled to keep Feds from claiming it so the right result. A game we look like we definitely should have won, but could have been quite different. I don't expect to see us keep many clean sheets any time soon. Tabb's filling in admirably at right back. But it still leaves us a little open to attack and Pearce and Ivar are just too slow to be paired together too successfully for me.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 07 Dec 2009 21:40

Thanks for the pictures.

Things must be getting desperate when we have an ostrich as a supporter.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 08 Dec 2009 02:00

phil in cornwall Thanks for the pictures.

Things must be getting desperate when we have an ostrich as a supporter.

Rod Hull and Emu live on!