Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

241 posts
finbarr

Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

by finbarr » 08 Dec 2009 22:46

Well not literally as I am staying at the Mad Hotel

Just a quick few words. Thought Reading played well at times although the style that they are trying to play may be a bit beyond their skill levels. They were beaten by 4 excellent goals..it must have been 5 or 6 on target and 4 went in. Difficult to say if Federici was at fault.
Seemed a bit slow to the first one
Complained that the second spiralled
Third was unstoppable
Fourth curled in ..couldn't tell by how much from where I was sitting.

Keep the faith. Reading will stay up but they need someone who can just put it in the back of the net

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

by Big Foot » 08 Dec 2009 23:00

I am a big fan of Jay Tabb. I think he's doing a great job at right back, but tonight he came up against a classy left winger in the shape of Moses and was punished for most of it.

Federici, think he could've done better on the first goal in getting down quicker and further. Second goal speaks for itself. Third was a classy finish and fourth was just out of his reach.

We dominated it first half but at times Rasiak looked lost up front. Countlessly fouled at headers too which the ref failed to pick up most the time - including one which lead to their 1st.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Dec 2009 23:07

Plastic seemed to be at fault for their first two as much as Feds was. Stood off too far, gave them too much space, and wham bam in the net.

Moses was class tho' poor little JT could'nt live with him, Marek anonymous, Bryn ineffective and not sure or BR's train of thought not starting with Sig in the first place.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 08 Dec 2009 23:08

If a dump team scrambles the odd win, it's still a dump team. We are a dump team with several dump players and a dump manager who spent heavily on defenders he doesn't play whilst leaving us with inadequate options up front.

If we aren't relegated it will be a damning indictment of this division.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 08 Dec 2009 23:09

And now some reality after the thread opener.

This was an atrocious performance, a capitulation just before half time. Federici beaten twice at his near post TWICE AGAIN, although the third was a bit of a pearler tbf. The fourth was called as son as Moses got the ball, but where the oxf*rd was the covering defender for the most obvious ball placement that everyone could see?! In open play we struggled to create anything at all, although Rasiak should be kicking goalposts after his scuff just after the opener. Apart from that, set pieces were our only outlet.

I've almost had it with this clown in charge. The result was called half an hour before kickoff when I found out that Sigurdsson had been dropped for Gunnarsson. Did the f*ckin clown not learn from QPR?! Player of the month Sigurdsson dropped?! Two defensive midfielders at home who so obviously can't play together, a pairing so ruthlessly exposed at QPR?! One striker we have for the next game again. The clown in charge does not help himself at all. Normal service resumed then, needless changes, followed by ridiculously soft goals conceded down to poor goalkeeping or woefully inadequate defensive play, a midfield lacking in quality and fitness, and an attack that leaves a lot to be desired.

It must be said that a Coppell team rarely lost at home by conceding four goals. A Coppell team, when it didn't play particularly well, at least had the defensive foundations to have the potential to gain a draw. A Coppell team rarely shipped three goals at this level, let alone four. This ol' boy currently in charge, well he may speak reasonably well but it's all the same guff about DNA, journey,s and the latest fad, game management. Well how did we manage the game today the Brendan? Appallingly you utter c*nt, absolutely appallingly. Because we're so obviously not good enough it is unreal. Playoffs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sack him.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 08 Dec 2009 23:09

We were poor today and deserved to lose against a physical Palace side with a couple of good individuals.

I know he was probably resting Sig today but he's been one of our best players to to drop him for Gunnar was ridiculous. I think we can all see Gunnar is past it and we need to look into bringing a new striker and midfielder in in January.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 08 Dec 2009 23:14

handbags_harris And now some reality after the thread opener.

This was an atrocious performance, a capitulation just before half time. Federici beaten twice at his near post TWICE AGAIN, although the third was a bit of a pearler tbf. The fourth was called as son as Moses got the ball, but where the oxf*rd was the covering defender for the most obvious ball placement that everyone could see?! In open play we struggled to create anything at all, although Rasiak should be kicking goalposts after his scuff just after the opener. Apart from that, set pieces were our only outlet.

I've almost had it with this clown in charge. The result was called half an hour before kickoff when I found out that Sigurdsson had been dropped for Gunnarsson. Did the f*ckin clown not learn from QPR?! Player of the month Sigurdsson dropped?! Two defensive midfielders at home who so obviously can't play together, a pairing so ruthlessly exposed at QPR?! One striker we have for the next game again. The clown in charge does not help himself at all. Normal service resumed then, needless changes, followed by ridiculously soft goals conceded down to poor goalkeeping or woefully inadequate defensive play, a midfield lacking in quality and fitness, and an attack that leaves a lot to be desired.

It must be said that a Coppell team rarely lost at home by conceding four goals. A Coppell team, when it didn't play particularly well, at least had the defensive foundations to have the potential to gain a draw. A Coppell team rarely shipped three goals at this level, let alone four. This ol' boy currently in charge, well he may speak reasonably well but it's all the same guff about DNA, journey,s and the latest fad, game management. Well how did we manage the game today the Brendan? Appallingly you utter c*nt, absolutely appallingly. Because we're so obviously not good enough it is unreal. Playoffs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sack him.

^This.

:shock:

Hozza

by Hozza » 08 Dec 2009 23:14

rg6royal I think we can all see Gunnar is past it and we need to look into bringing a new striker and midfielder in in January.

Add to that a new goalkeeper, right back and left winger and we might get somewhere.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Dec 2009 23:15

I was feeling happier about things on Saturday having witnessed the worst performance from any Championship side I have seen this season. Unfortunately tonight's Reading display eclipsed anything Sheffield Wednesday could offer in terms of ineptitude.

Never been a fan of the goalkeeper; he makes far too many mistakes and is a poor all round 'keeper. The ocassional camera save seems to be enough for most of you to rate him and chant his wretched name but his positioning is poor and he gets beaten at his near post time after time after time. It is basics and he isn't going to improve if he is so poor at the basics. Get rid.

The second half at 1-3 down was lamentable, we had nothing. The tactics were woeful again; Sigurdsson left out in favour of the negative and cumbersome partnership Cisse and Gunarsson, utter nonsense. By far the worst performance I have seen from Reading this season and given the absolute crud we have seen that in itself is some achievement.

Basically we have a medicore squad lacking in quality, concede too many goals, score too few, have a young and inexperienced manager truly out of his depth and a chairman totally unwilling to invest. Anyone who can take any positives out of our current plight is utterly deluded and a borderline Broadmoor nut-case.

percy freeman fanclub

by percy freeman fanclub » 08 Dec 2009 23:17

thought we were a bit unlucky to lose.

federici at fault for a couple of the goals. the first one i thought was equally bertrands fault as he showed the player inside when he picked it up and everyone knows you should show the player down the line.

it was dissapointing to concede two goals on the stroke of half time the way we did. but we came out fighting and i thought if we had a got a goal earlier into the second half when we dominated them for the first 10 minutes then we might hav gone on to get something from the game. after that ten minutes heads dropped and everyone seemed to stop trying.

i feel we have all seen what mcanuff can do now and we all seem to rely on him too much to provide everything and he cant do it evey game. when kebe has a good game he has moments of magic but that doesnt come often enough. i would like to see kanu starting on the right with mcanuff on the left and kebe coming off the bench towards the end.

i cant see why the sig was dropped after we had been getter better and better as everyone has said with a fairly consistant team and then he drops one of creative attacking midfielders for a slow defensive midfielder which leaves us with very little going forward and not enough men getting in the box. he has also got a couple of goals recently which would have meant his confidence was sky high. i just cant understand why he was dropped!?

i still feel we are improving and will finish clear of the relegation zone

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 08 Dec 2009 23:17

handbags_harris A Coppell team rarely shipped three goals at this level, let alone four.

I remember a few in a row a few years back...

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 08 Dec 2009 23:18

percy freeman fanclub thought we were a bit unlucky to lose.

Being shit is unlucky. It's just shit.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 08 Dec 2009 23:18

well you joined in July and this is your first post?..what a load of balls, we played like a team destined for the drop without a leader on and off the pitch, the only time we looked like getting anything from the game is when we equalised and for approx 2 minutes after our 2nd goal, my player marks.
Federici.3 Simon Shepherd mark 2..surely Hamer is better
Tabb.5 not a full back, badly found out in all quarters by Moses
Ingarmarsson .4 sad to see the decline of a once great servant to our club.
Pearce.5 extra mark because he scored, but if he is the future then we are doomed.
Bertrand.5 not really noticed which says it all really
Kebe.6 certainly not the worse player on the pitch, gave us some hope late in the game.
Mattyovski.5 went missing for long periods
Gunarsson.5 20 minutes before I noticed he was playing
Cisse.6 tried hard..all i can say really
Macinuf.7 once again our best player but lacked support.
Rasiak.1 surely the worse striker ever to wear the hoops..absolute donkey.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 08 Dec 2009 23:18

handbags_harris And now some reality after the thread opener.

Sack him.

that post got angrier and angrier as it went along, glad there wasn't another paragraph or we may have been looking at forming an elite squad to take the guy out :shock:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 08 Dec 2009 23:20

Chaney well you joined in July and this is your first post?..what a load of balls, we played like a team destined for the drop without a leader on and off the pitch, the only time we looked like getting anything from the game is when we equalised and for approx 2 minutes after our 2nd goal, my player marks.
Federici.3 Simon Shepherd mark 2..surely Hamer is better
Tabb.5 not a full back, badly found out in all quarters by Moses
Ingarmarsson .4 sad to see the decline of a once great servant to our club.
Pearce.5 extra mark because he scored, but if he is the future then we are doomed.
Bertrand.5 not really noticed which says it all really
Kebe.6 certainly not the worse player on the pitch, gave us some hope late in the game.
Mattyovski.5 went missing for long periods
Gunarsson.5 20 minutes before I noticed he was playing
Cisse.6 tried hard..all i can say really
Macinuf.7 once again our best player but lacked support.
Rasiak.1 surely the worse striker ever to wear the hoops..absolute donkey.

Disagree with the Tabb and Rasiak ratings. Both did what they could against the best player on the pitch (Tabb) and when completely isolated (Rosiak).

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 08 Dec 2009 23:22

this is where is see the team at the moment

GK-Hamer (Not that ive seen much of him but there is not a hope in hell he is worse than Federici)

RB- A Nother
CB- Mills
CB- A Nother
LB- Bertrand (+ some weight training)

LM- McAnuff
CM- Matejovsky
CM- Sigurdsson (harsh on Karacan)
RM- Robson-Kanu (impressed today and on other appearances)

CF- Rasiak (Will score goals despite his critics)
CF- A Nother

i think we are 3 short of a pretty good team. Kebe should never get past the bench, he was woeful today and is nothing more than an impact sub, Gunnarsson needs to move on, Ingimarsson needs to move on, and the rest will fall into place, and with Rodgers IMO.

in conclusion i thought today was total shit, but if it wasn't for Moses i honestly don't think we would have lost that game.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Dec 2009 23:23

Federici: 1
Bertrand: 6
Ingimarsson: 4
Pearce: 7
Tabb: 6
Kebe: 4
Gunnarsson: 4
Cisse: 4
Matejovsky: 6
McAnuff: 7
Rasiak: 5

Subs:
Robson-Kanu: 6
Sigurdsson: 6

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Dec 2009 23:24

Chaney Rasiak.1 surely the worse striker ever to wear the hoops..absolute donkey.

Not sure how many you have seen, but I could list at least a dozen ahead of him in any list.
You obviously didn't have the view that I had of him getting held down and shirt tailed, made the most of his penalty opportunity.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Dec 2009 23:28

Hozza
rg6royal I think we can all see Gunnar is past it and we need to look into bringing a new striker and midfielder in in January.

Add to that a new goalkeeper, right back and left winger and we might get somewhere.

Don't forget that we have no money.

Strangely, the £2M we were told we were prepared to spend on Smith and which we were also told wasn't then used for panic/replacement purchases in the form of Jobi and Gregor, is now no longer there.

Does anything that Madejski, his sidekicks and disciples come out with actually stand up to scrutiny?

A fantastically well run football business, a model example to many and envied by many more suddenly has its bank recalling loans in fear? Forget the bollocks about the banking crisis. Throughout that time banks were still falling over themselves to lend money to model well run businesses.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 08 Dec 2009 23:30

Can someone please explain Rogers' constant inability to make a decent substitution??

NOT ONCE this season thas he made a substitution that has made any sense.

Bryn for HRK, fine. But HRK was doing good work when coming over to the right and Kebe was having a 'mare on the left. The game was crying out for Sig to replace Kebe, shift HRK right and Macanuff left. Instead he takes off Bertrand and goes 3 at the back (the two slowest defenders in the league along with the shortest :roll: ) and HRK continues to be wasted in the middle

i.just.don't.understand

241 posts