Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

241 posts
Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

by Focher » 08 Dec 2009 23:34

John Madejski's Wallet Can someone please explain Rogers' constant inability to make a decent substitution??

NOT ONCE this season thas he made a substitution that has made any sense.

Bryn for HRK, fine. But HRK was doing good work when coming over to the right and Kebe was having a 'mare on the left. The game was crying out for Sig to replace Kebe, shift HRK right and Macanuff left. Instead he takes off Bertrand and goes 3 at the back (the two slowest defenders in the league along with the shortest :roll: ) and HRK continues to be wasted in the middle

i.just.don't.understand

I think Rodgers will one day understand that he should not over analyse things and do the simple things. He is trying to be far too clever, and in my view is his biggest downfall so far. put yer f'ucking dossier away Brendo.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Dec 2009 23:36

DIRE

Federici the utter liability strikes again, he really is atrocious at his near post, his positioning is something I've always been critical of and he hasn't learnt anything in 3 years. Still awful at it, and he will continually concede lots of goals.

Defensively all over the place, both centre halves were crap, beaten by their one man up front Andrew to every single header allowing Moses and Ambrose to pick up the pieces. The only header between them that they won all game was PEarce's well taken goal.

Cisse, yep still garbage, Gunnarsson, yeah nice one Rodgers, gave Reading nothing. McAnuff was decent when Reading got him the ball, Kebe utter utter mince. Marek was well below par but never had a chance of playing well. Trying to thread through balls to Rasiak is a complete waste of time.

Rasiak, wasn't good but couldn't expect anything else. Only available striker and he's a target man. When it was fired at him he was fine, but he is immobile and trying to get him in the channels is a pointless exercise.

It was awful, Palace were poor but didn't need to be any better to easily score 4 goals and win the game at a canter. I said at 2pm today Moses would kill us and expose Tabb, to be honest Tabb did as well as he could and Moses was still easily the best player on the park.

Mass changes for Saturday.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 08 Dec 2009 23:37

Gus the teenage cow
handbags_harris And now some reality after the thread opener.

This was an atrocious performance, a capitulation just before half time. Federici beaten twice at his near post TWICE AGAIN, although the third was a bit of a pearler tbf. The fourth was called as son as Moses got the ball, but where the oxf*rd was the covering defender for the most obvious ball placement that everyone could see?! In open play we struggled to create anything at all, although Rasiak should be kicking goalposts after his scuff just after the opener. Apart from that, set pieces were our only outlet.

I've almost had it with this clown in charge. The result was called half an hour before kickoff when I found out that Sigurdsson had been dropped for Gunnarsson. Did the f*ckin clown not learn from QPR?! Player of the month Sigurdsson dropped?! Two defensive midfielders at home who so obviously can't play together, a pairing so ruthlessly exposed at QPR?! One striker we have for the next game again. The clown in charge does not help himself at all. Normal service resumed then, needless changes, followed by ridiculously soft goals conceded down to poor goalkeeping or woefully inadequate defensive play, a midfield lacking in quality and fitness, and an attack that leaves a lot to be desired.

It must be said that a Coppell team rarely lost at home by conceding four goals. A Coppell team, when it didn't play particularly well, at least had the defensive foundations to have the potential to gain a draw. A Coppell team rarely shipped three goals at this level, let alone four. This ol' boy currently in charge, well he may speak reasonably well but it's all the same guff about DNA, journey,s and the latest fad, game management. Well how did we manage the game today the Brendan? Appallingly you utter c*nt, absolutely appallingly. Because we're so obviously not good enough it is unreal. Playoffs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sack him.

that post got angrier and angrier as it went along, glad there wasn't another paragraph or we may have been looking at forming an elite squad to take the guy out :shock:

Mate, it obviously shadows the feeling I had as the game progressed.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Dec 2009 23:37

I was going to roast Federici but to be fair he has kept us in a lot of games this season, but tonight he probably cost us 3 points as I think we may have won if he had not had such a poor night.

Actually thought we played ok in the first half until the madness at the end and we could easily have gone in 2-1 up. We had virtually no chance after half time as Colin told the Palace players to break up the game and defend. Thought Rodgers substitutions were brave and we could have got a point in the end, but Moses was sheer class and the difference between the two sides in the end. What a player that boy is. Moses - 10.

Fed 2 - very poor tonight
Tabb- 6 - (4 defensively as he was given a torrid time by Moses but 8 going forwards and for keeping going in a difficult situation)
Pearce - 6 - Really did not see him do anything wrong - was not at fault for any of the goals as far as I could see
Ingi 6 - as above
Bertrand - 5 - Not one of his better nights and possibly at fault for at least one goal - not closing down
Gunnar - 6 - looked quite bright to me and one brilliant run into the box - was sacrificed at half time so we could play 2 up front
Cisse - 5 - Did ok but nothing special tonight and failed to give the defence the cover they needed at times
McAnuff - 7 - good performance but team failed to get the ball to him enough in the second half
Kebe - 4 - very poor I thought
Matejovsky - 5 - created nothing at all
Rasiak - 4 - Not much of threat tonight - wonder if he can play two games in quick succession

Sig 6 - Too late to do much but brilliant penalty
RK - 5 - Did ok

Rodgers - ridiculous to blame him tonight
Number 13 - very quiet
Referee - Really thought he should have clamped down on all the Palace professional fouls a lot quicker and seemed to give us very little

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 08 Dec 2009 23:39

Chaney Kebe.6 certainly not the worse player on the pitch

Oh yes he was.

Im getting sick to fcking death of watching this hapless loser turn out for us. I have totally lost count of the amount times he has embarassed himself on the pitch. Absolutely pitful performance tonight, i never want to see this fcking retard play for Reading again.

Our Manager is a total fraud and i have no idea what his suppossed coaching staff do, or why they are at the club. Dean Austin? Who? Oh thats right yes, the guy that broke Gilkesy's leg.

This is Tommy Burns all over again.

finbarr

by finbarr » 08 Dec 2009 23:39

[quote="Chaney"]well you joined in July and this is your first post?..quote]

Hi there Chaney, strange ...we have never met and yet I feel I already know you.........

July was the month in which I actually applied to join....I only got "approved" about an hour or so ago.

But I still feel my opinion is valid......

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 08 Dec 2009 23:40

Normal service resumed.

We are in a mess deeper than I could ever imagine. Its going to take years to fix this and not one man is to blame.

Madejski and Rodgers have sucked all the quality and spat it elsewhere. Even if we sign a striker in January we will still struggle. No momentum, no pace, no ability to create and no drive.
I have actually never felt so sick about the state of Reading ever. I've moaned over the years, I don't deny that and I often see the the glass as half empty - that I also don't deny. Back then I had hope and we had a future. We don't have a future under this regime. We have a chairman who got lucky with a ridiculously good manager, quality of that calibre does not come round in yonks. We won promotion with sensible investment. Those were the good years.

I've said this time and time again, you cannot rid your squad of 90% of its recognised players in one go. Madejski and Rodgers are living in an absolute dream land thinking we could do this. People often quote the use of football manager on this forum. This smacks of something you do in the game when you get pissed off with your squad, sell them, loan them out or free transfer and shout at the keyboard " im going to bring my youth players in, you'll see". Completely needless exodus of players and Its set the club back years when we could of only let a handful of players go.

We were a well run club, now we are a poorly run club and we need a new regime. Not an arab investor, just a local businessman with a long term plan and sensible financial forecasts who is prepared to spend significant but not large amounts of cash. There was a time when madejski was that man, not anymore. We need a new lease of life into the club and the sooner the better.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 08 Dec 2009 23:40

I know we are struggling to find a fit striker to back up Rasiak. However there must be a loan striker that has been shipped by Brenda that would be better than nothing!

When Betrand went off we appeared to be playing 3-7-1

WTF :shock:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Dec 2009 23:41

Tony Le Mesmer

Oh yes he was.

Im getting sick to fcking death of watching this hapless loser turn out for us. I have totally lost count of the amount times he has embarassed himself on the pitch. Absolutely pitful performance tonight, i never want to see this fcking retard play for Reading again.

Our Manager is a total fraud and i have no idea what his suppossed coaching staff do, or why they are at the club. Dean Austin? Who? Oh thats right yes, the guy that broke Gilkesy's leg.

This is Tommy Burns all over again.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 08 Dec 2009 23:43

Team I'd like to see on Saturday...

...............Hamer....................
Tabb......Mills...Pearce...Armstrong
...........Marek Karacan...............
McAnuff........Sig.................HRK
................Rasiak..................

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 08 Dec 2009 23:44

Tony Le Mesmer

Dean Austin? Who? Oh thats right yes, the guy that broke Gilkesy's leg.

WTF has that got to do with anything? :roll:

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 08 Dec 2009 23:45

rg6royal Team I'd like to see on Saturday...

...............Hamer....................
Tabb......Mills...Pearce...Armstrong
...........Marek Karacan...............
McAnuff........Sig.................HRK
................Rasiak..................

with the options available, thats about the best we can do.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Dec 2009 23:49

Team for Saturday:

Hamer

Bertrand
Pearce
Mills
Tabb

Karacan
Sigurdsson

Robson-Kanu
Matejovsky
McAnuff

Rasiak

Church in for Robson-Kanu and switch to 4-4-2 if he's fit.

Subs:
Don't care, they're all shit.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 08 Dec 2009 23:49

M U R T Y
Tony Le Mesmer

Dean Austin? Who? Oh thats right yes, the guy that broke Gilkesy's leg.

WTF has that got to do with anything? :roll:

I tell you what then, lets go the whole hog and get Richard Carpenter and Ron Futcher on the coaching staff as well.

It means a lot actually if you saw it happen in front of you.

finbarr

by finbarr » 09 Dec 2009 00:09

Jeez - just realised that Moses is only 18.........guess we won't face him again this season.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 09 Dec 2009 00:12

We are staying up :)

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 09 Dec 2009 00:16

OK. I travelled 4,000 miles for this, for me, the first game of this season and went with TB, who has done nothing but tell me all season that we are are dire shit. After witnessing that shambles, I can only concur. How ANYONE can get any positive spin from that performance, I do not know. THAT is a relegation team, without any question of doubt. I cannot think of one, single, solitary positive thing to say after witnessing that. A complete and utter shambles.

Fed was at fault for the first two, without doubt. Just never got across to his near post and went down more slowly than a slowly leaking Zeppelin; for the second, he was just going down too early to get fists on to a ball that he should have been just standing up to.

Tabb got ripped a new arsehole by Moses and I felt sorry for him, because he never got any help from McAnuff all game and even the defensive midfield players did not tuck in and help.

Why wasn't The Sig playing from the start? Two defensive midfield players AT HOME shielding a playmaker (Marek) whose (attempted) Hollywood passes are just too good for the others and a very big log (Rasziak) playing a lone striker AT HOME! I despair.

The substitution of Bertrand was a joke. Nobody HAD A oxf*rd CLUE what to do defensively for a few minutes. Pearce - who has to be the slowest oxf*rd thing out of a wheelchair - found himself up against Moses FFS! Is this supposed to be some form of twisted, alternative tactical nous by Rodgers? Incredibly and laughably inept.

I will say this yet again: THIS TEAM WILL BE RELEGATED.

Rating:s (and I am going to be kind here)

Federici 2 - Seriously at fault for the first two; how many times did you ever hear 'Hahnemann will be disappointed that he did not do better..'?
Tabb 5 - I liked JT, but he was seriously raped by Moses and got no help from McAnuff (the third goal - McAnuff just gave up on Moses when he cut inside). Never got forward because of the threat.
Ingi 4 - Past it now. One half of what must be the slowest center back partnership in football.
Bertrand 4 - Either bottled the tackle or was criminally slow for the goal. Hardly ever advanced into the other half, but would you if you had Kebe in front of you?
Pearce 2 - A totally inept footballer who should not be on the park. The slowest thing in a football shirt I have ever seen. Martin Hicks was Usain Bolt compared to this twat. How the oxf*rd is he keeping Mills out of the team. Mills cannot be worse than him, surely?
Cisse 4 - Totally and utterly anonymous.
Gunnarson 3 - Why, why, why was he playing in the first place instead of Sig?
Matejovsky 5 - The brain is willing but he his just light years ahead of the other retards on the park in what his intentions are with his passing. Guilty of making what should be a simple pass into a Hollywood pass.
McAnuff 4 - Never, ever tucked in to help Tabb out and only got in two dangerous crosses all game.
Kebe 2 - Can somebody pray tell what is exactly The Point Of Jimmy Kebe? The reasons for his actual existence totally escape me.
Rasziak 3 - Just a log up front. A big, big log whose only successful attempts at winning the ball in the air were because he had already fouled the player.

Subs:

HKR 3 - Ran around a lot and a nice turn to do two Palace defenders did not presage great things. Disappeared after that.
Sig 4 - The reaction after Bertrand was subbed was laughable. Not Sig's fault and at least he had one of our TWO shots on target in the last twenty minutes. Why didn't he start, FFS?
Last edited by Ark Royal on 09 Dec 2009 00:30, edited 2 times in total.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 09 Dec 2009 00:19

Probably the worst 6 goal thriller of all time,not much football played by either side. Has there ever been a slower "spine" to a team at this level. Palace no great shakes but had the one class player on view.

Fed 4 - First a good strike but beaten at near post, second shocking.Poor kicking.
Tabb 6 - Stuck to his task manfully, Moses would have roasted many a full back tonight.
Bertrand 6 - Sold short for 2nd goal but could have been stronger. Ashley Cole has little to worry about.
Ingi 5 - Not the player or leader that he was.
Pearce 6 - Good header for the goal but lack of pace still a worry.
McAnuff 6 - Still our most dangerous weapon but quiet second half tonight after getting both full backs booked first half.
Cisse 5 - Couple of good challenges first half but needs to do more.
Bryn 5 - Intelligent run to receive a quick free kick and harshly punished for free kick that led to second goal but no great impact.
Kebe 4 - Actually showed once in second half what he's capable of with run and pull back but 15 seconds in 90 minutes is not enough.
Marek 4 - Some good control but passing atrocious. Lost interest late on.
Rasiak 5 - One of those nights. Mistimed every jump, touch poor, missed probabaly best chance of the match first half.

HRK 5 - Great first few minutes with run down the wing then got lost in the middle.
Sig 6 - Introduced some energy at least but to late to change result.

BR 4 - Really like the guy but got it totally wrong with tactics tonight. On a decent run and at home and went negative with Cisse/Bryn in the centre. Out thought by Colin and his teams delaying tactics breaking up any rhythm to the game.

In a mini league now with the likes of Plymouth, Peterborough, Sheff. Wed, Scunthorpe, Coventry, Derby. Hopefully we've got enough to finish in the top two or three of that.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Dec 2009 00:24

Ark Royal OK. I travelled 4,000 miles for this, for me, the first game of this season and went with TB, who has done nothing but tell me all season that we are are dire shit. After witnessing that shambles, I can only concur. How ANYONE can get any positive spin from that performance, I do not know. THAT is a relegation team, without any question of doubt. I cannot think of one, single, solitary positive thing to say after witnessing that. A complete and utter shambles.

Fed was at fault for the first two, without doubt. Just never got across to his near post and went down more slowly than a slowly leaking Zeppelin; for the second, he was just going down too early to get fists on to a ball that he should have been just standing up to.

Tabb got ripped a new arsehole by Moses and I felt sorry for him, because he never got any help from McAnuff all game and even the defensive midfield players did not tuck in and help.

Why wasn't The Sig playing from the start? Two defensive midfield players AT HOME shielding a playmaker (Marek) whose (attempted) Hollywood passes are just too good for the others and a very big log (Rasziak) playing a lone striker AT HOME! I despair.

The substitution of Bertrand was a joke. Nobody HAD A oxf*rd CLUE what to do defensively for a few minutes. Pearce - who has to be the slowest oxf*rd thing out of a wheelchair - found himself up against Moses FFS! Is this supposed to be some form of twisted, alternative tactical nous by Rodgers? Incredibly and laughably inept.
I will say this yet again: THIS TEAM WILL BE RELEGATED.

Rating:s (and I am going to be kind here)

Federici 2 - Seriously at fault for the first two; how many times did you ever hear 'Hahnemann will be disappointed that he did not do better..'?
Tabb 5 - I liked JT, but he was seriously raped by Moses and got no help from McAnuff (the third goal - McAnuff just gave up on Moses when cut instead). Never got forward because of the threat.
Ingi 4 - Past it now. One half of what must be the slowest center back partnership in football.
Bertrand 4 - Either bottled the tackle or was criminally slow for the goal. Hardly ever advanced into the other half, but would you if you had Kebe in front of you?
Pearce 2 - A totally inept footballer who should not be on the park. The slowest thing in a football shirt I have ever seen. Martin Hicks was Usain Bolt compared to this twat. How the oxf*rd is he keeping Mills out of the team. Mills cannot be worse than him, surely?
Cisse 4 - Totally and utterly anonymous.
Gunnarson 3 - Why, why, why was he playing in the first place instead of Sig?
Matejovsky 5 - The brain is willing but he his just light years ahead of the other retards on the park in what his intentions are with his passing. Guilty of making what should be a simple pass into a Hollywood pass.
McAnuff 4 - Never, ever tucked in to help Tabb out and only got in two dangerous crosses all game.
Kebe 2 - Can somebody tell, what is exactly The Point Of Jimmy Kebe. The reasons for his actual existence totally escape me.
Rasziak 3 - Just a log up front. A big, big log whose only successful attempts at winning the ball in the air were because he had already fouled the player.

Subs:

HKR 3 - Ran around a lot and a nice turn to do two Palace defenders did not presage great things. Disappeared after that.
Sig 4 - The reaction after Bertrand was subbed was laughable. Not Sig's fault and at least he had one of our TWO shots on target in the last twenty minutes. Why didn't he start, FFS?

That was actually one of my highlights of the season never mind today.

It was a Brawn Formula 1 car against Del Boy's 3 wheeled van.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 09 Dec 2009 00:26

Ark Royal Pearce 2 - Martin Hicks was Usain Bolt compared to this twat.

LOL

241 posts