Matt Mills

708 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Matt Mills

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 13:03

Wycombe Royal OK, here is a question -

WHY do you need to swear? Does it make you feel all big and tough? Is it a macho thing? Maybe there is something I am missing?

what do you do when the entire crowd sings "the referees a oxf*rd"
or "shit on the floor",

bigshaka'away'

by bigshaka'away' » 17 Mar 2010 13:04

yes there is something you are missing.....But its for you to work out yourself..

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 13:05

Dirk Gently

WHY do you need to swear? Does it make you feel all big and tough? Is it a macho thing? Maybe there is something I am missing?

It allows you to add emotion and emphasis to better express your feelings.

They should teach it at school then.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 17 Mar 2010 13:05

Some of you mongtards need to be living in the real world and not making out like Matt Mills is some kind of spawn of the devil.

It was a hand gesture, that was it. Get over yourselves.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 13:06

you are missing the fact that they are just words like any other, that they are only randomly selected by society as "bad" words,and that
there is no real reason why the word buffoon is any worse than sh*t-bag.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 17 Mar 2010 13:06

I'm interested in STAR's viewpoint of Matt Mills' actions (sorry if i've missed anything)

IMHO, he was well out of order. I heard no booing before "the incident" (from my position of the middle of Y26), just groans of frustration of the repeated action of humping the ball towards Kebe and it plainly not working.

Regardless of the amount of "abuse" he was perceived to have received, he is a paid professional with a moral responsibility to be a role model for many youngsters watching his actions and no doubtedly repeating them on on a saturday/sunday morning.

And if Reading FC do not at the very least fine him for his actions, it set a very dangerous precedent.

For the record, I booed him after the incident - i've never booed a Reading player before then (even Andy Hughes, despite my temptations) - but all it needed was him to come over to the east stand after the game, put his hands up and apologise and all would've been forgotten.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Mar 2010 13:06

I swear sometimes at football, but it sort of escapes from my mouth without me realising. I have called the referees a number of things over the years. :oops:

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 17 Mar 2010 13:06

Focher
Bullshit. someone gives me abuse in my job I set them straight. Continue and they don't speak to me anymore. No one is paid to take abuse.

I am, I'm a referee!

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 17 Mar 2010 13:07

brendywendy

you are missing the fact that they are just words like any other, that they are only randomly selected by society as "bad" words,and that

yes there is - if you call someone a bufoon, you are basically calling them a fool, if you call someone a sh*t-bag, you are calling them a bag of sh*t :roll:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 13:08

brendywendy

or "shit on the floor",

I think you are misunderstanding my point here. I'm not talking about the odd occasion (like RL admits to), I am talking about an individual who uses foul and abusive language for an entire match. There is no need for it and he has been warned before (and also for making racist comments).

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 13:09

More importantly perhaps we support the players - sing their name etc etc, which is showing much much much more support than the other two stands of the ground who show their appreciation by sitting in silence. You slag us for booing Kebe ( i never boo our players, apart from mills when he gave the finger) but do you praise us for singing his name? No. Its easier to critise.

th eeast stand were particularly loud last night, and contributed to the atmosphere greatly. thankyou.
but that doesnt stop the fact that the east stand is where the boos and abuse come from for any of our players - be it hughes, seol, long, kebe, and now mills.
and that i still think booing your own players for whatever reason is idiotic and totally counterproductive

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 13:10

M U R T Y
brendywendy

yes there is - if you call someone a bufoon, you are basically calling them a fool, if you call someone a sh*t-bag, you are calling them a bag of sh*t :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

i didnt say they meant the same thing dopey, just that there is no real reason why one should be more taboo, or insulting that the other.
its just an arbitrary choice by society to call some words "bad" and some ok

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 17 Mar 2010 13:10

Mills probably went home, checked his bank balance before nailing some Hollyoaks bird and had better sleep than any of us.

Matt Mills > The team board

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 17 Mar 2010 13:13

Also another point is that the Lawas of the game stipulate that a player is to red carded if they use offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 13:13

Wycombe Royal
brendywendy

or "shit on the floor",

I think you are misunderstanding my point here. I'm not talking about the odd occasion (like RL admits to), I am talking about an individual who uses foul and abusive language for an entire match. There is no need for it and he has been warned before (and also for making racist comments).

yeah thats fine. i try not to swear like rL but sometimes it just comes out, and i usually aplogise to those around me.

agree on racism, one of the best things to happen to football is that racists are now likely to be turned on by their own comrades, than sniggered along with

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Mar 2010 13:15

Wycombe - report this guy to the club - esp if he's been warned before.

I haven't heard any racism at football for years - doesn't mean it doesn't still go on mind.

royal goof

by royal goof » 17 Mar 2010 13:16

brendywendy
More importantly perhaps we support the players - sing their name etc etc, which is showing much much much more support than the other two stands of the ground who show their appreciation by sitting in silence. You slag us for booing Kebe ( i never boo our players, apart from mills when he gave the finger) but do you praise us for singing his name? No. Its easier to critise.

th eeast stand were particularly loud last night, and contributed to the atmosphere greatly. thankyou.
but that doesnt stop the fact that the east stand is where the boos and abuse come from for any of our players - be it hughes, seol, long, kebe, and now mills.
and that i still think booing your own players for whatever reason is idiotic and totally counterproductive

The East Stand is the only place any noise comes from. I actually thought most of the people in the other stands were dead, until I logged onto this today!

bigshaka'away'

by bigshaka'away' » 17 Mar 2010 13:17

brendywendy

im afraid its two sides of the same coin...You are never going to get praise if you cant take abuse.. I agree we shouldnt boo the players, but it happens at every club and the atmosphere we generate from the east MORE than makes up for an occasional boo. And get it right, Mills was booed cos he gave us the finger, which is fair enough and Seol never tried (good chant tho, although im sure many of you will find it very offensive).

Generally we are very supportive of our players....look at West Brom (at RDM), Wolves (at M Knightly), Boro (at nearly everybody earlier this season), Spurs (many, including recently Ghaly and Crouch), Arsenal (Bentner) and Aston Villa (Gabby Agbonlahor) for clubs who are FAR FAR worse than us in this respect.

You all need some perspective, and an appreciation of what the East stand gives to match days compared to where you sit.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 17 Mar 2010 13:18

Don't care who said what to who. The big deal here is that Mills didn't take the criticism very well. And in football crowd stakes, the criticism was very light. To have thrown a big strop like he did was disappointing and totally out of proportion to the 'abuse' he suffered.

He needs to man up and take it, the big wuss.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 13:21

Royal Lady Wycombe - report this guy to the club - esp if he's been warned before.

I haven't heard any racism at football for years - doesn't mean it doesn't still go on mind.

The racism I think was last season and to be fair he hasn't done it since.

The problem I have had this season is that you can only move seats if you are buying additional tickets (and this is enforced by the ticket office as I have tried). As we haven't needed to buy additional tickets for my daughter (she has used spare season tickets) I can't move the seats.

Anyway I have come to the conclusion that you are all just a bunch of f***king t***ers. (sorry it just slipped out).

708 posts