Matt Mills

708 posts
Half Horse
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Well Done Matt Mills

by Half Horse » 16 Mar 2010 22:43

Let the morons who boo their own players know how you feel. Good for you!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Matt Mills

by Chaney » 16 Mar 2010 22:43

I know this has been done in the match thread but I think it needs to be talked about in its own thread. So it would seem that he was pretty pissed off with the east stand for just doing (mostly unsuccessfully) what he was told to do by the boss, couldn`t see the sign he gave to the crowd but it was clearly getting to him. he didn`t celebarate the goal and he almost sprinted off the pitch at the end shruuging aside anyone that tried to stop him, certainly makes you wonder if we`ve seen the last of him here because its not the behaviour you expect from a pro footballer.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Matt Mills

by toppy » 16 Mar 2010 22:45

Chaney I know this has been done in the match thread but I think it needs to be talked about in its own thread. So it would seem that he was pretty pissed off with the east stand for just doing (mostly unsuccessfully) what he was told to do by the boss, couldn`t see the sign he gave to the crowd but it was clearly getting to him. he didn`t celebarate the goal and he almost sprinted off the pitch at the end shruuging aside anyone that tried to stop him, certainly makes you wonder if we`ve seen the last of him here because its not the behaviour you expect from a pro footballer.

One finger to the crowd. Personally I have no problem with it. Just passion.

North Eaat royal
Location: Part of that defence that didn't turn up after 2.45 on Sunday

Re: Well Done Matt Mills

by North Eaat royal » 16 Mar 2010 22:46

Half Horse Let the morons who boo their own players know how you feel. Good for you!

+1

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 16 Mar 2010 22:46

Half Horse Let the morons who boo their own players know how you feel. Good for you!

+1, if you give it (crowd) then you gotta expect it back..

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Mar 2010 22:47

ridiculous and pathetic behaviour from a bunch of spoilt twats in the crowd.

Everyone who booed should get their genitals cut off if there is any fallout from this in future games.

knobby_1871

by knobby_1871 » 16 Mar 2010 22:47

fair play to Matt and shame on east stand morons who booed him

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 16 Mar 2010 22:49

Ian Royal ridiculous and pathetic behaviour from a bunch of spoilt twats in the crowd.

Everyone who booed should get their genitals cut off if there is any fallout from this in future games.

Agreed. How anyone can boo our best defender is beyond me.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 16 Mar 2010 22:50

To react to the crowd like that is a sign of mental weakness, there are plenty of morons in every football crowd so he better learn to control himself and concentrate on things like defending and being able to pass to a team-mate...otherwise he's going to get into bother

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 16 Mar 2010 22:50

Why the hell was he getting booed?

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 16 Mar 2010 22:51

Will see what kind of man Manager McD is now if Mills did swear at the crowd.

The normal thing to do would be to fine and drop him. A stronger thing to do would be to back him by keeping him in the team.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 16 Mar 2010 22:52

West_Reading Why the hell was he getting booed?

I think

1) Kicked ball out for nth time while trying a long pass to wing
2) East stand groan/some boo
3) He give the finger
4) More booing
5) Other fans, clap cheer, chant name
6) We score
7) East stand chants his name...

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 16 Mar 2010 22:53

West_Reading Why the hell was he getting booed?

Every time he got the ball he was attempting the same pass,out wide to Kebe, one or two went astray. Maybe he did try it too often but there wasn't always a shorter ball on.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 16 Mar 2010 22:54

Chaney certainly makes you wonder if we`ve seen the last of him here because its not the behaviour you expect from a pro footballer.

That's surely a bit strong.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 16 Mar 2010 22:54

Someone needs to remind him that we are English and use two fingers....disgraceful behaviour

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 16 Mar 2010 22:55

Hell its heart and passion an god knows we have been needing that for a while, good on yer Matt !

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 16 Mar 2010 22:57

Once again, another embarassing example of how shit and cringe worthy our 'support'/'supporters' are. Mills was looking for a pass everytime he got the ball, his head would go up, and look. He saw, Tabb and Sig too high up the field near our strikers, and no other positive options. He was doing the only thing positive which was look for a long pass - this is different to a "hoof", as so many of our football braindeads got confused with. A long pass is exactly what is says it is - a pass played over a long distance. A hoof is a aimlessly placed kick into the opposing half. Millsy is one of the best natural and athletic defenders we have had in a long time IMO, and we go and treat him like that? The Reading fans are a fcuking utter disgrace, and need to look up how supporting your team works. I am not condoning what Mills did to the crowd, but I think he was as bemused as I was, as to how the Reading fans were reacting. Since when have our fans been football fcuking purists? I don't want to go back to Brendan Rodgers tactics of pissing about with it at the back and creating fcuk all. I want to win games. Ugly or pretty, it doesn't bother me.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 Mar 2010 22:58

i thought the majority of booing came After he made his gesture. A pocket of fans booed his passing as he seemeed to try the same thing over and over which i guess can warrant a boo to highlight frustrations in play

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 16 Mar 2010 23:02

Most Consistent Centreback this season, Well done Mills, Shame on you fans who boo'd!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 16 Mar 2010 23:03

The booing was out of order, however....

His long balls were utterly atrocious, and for a professional footballer to give his own fans the middle finger is even more atrocious. Jimmy Kebe has taken that level of abuse for most of the season and risen above it, it shows how mentally fragile the bloke is. If he can't take it (and he should never have got it in the first place), then he should f off to league 2 where everyone else is so shit his long balls will look good.

708 posts