Marek's future

119 posts
Mad Dog's Ghost

Marek's future

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 17 Mar 2010 22:19

Guessing that's probably his lot with RFC. The oppo down to 10 men, Reading crying out for a playmaker, but still no appearance.

Not his greatest fan - his carelessness can cost at times ... but thought he really could have made a difference last night. And may have spared us Millsgate.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Marek's future

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2010 22:23

is somewhere else. Sigurdsson is a way better bet.

Didn't sound like Marek's kind of game. Or any sort of play makers tbh.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 17 Mar 2010 22:27

It definitely wasn't Marek's sort of game - but then again, I don't know what is.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 17 Mar 2010 22:30

Mr Overrated would be best leaving us in the summer, get a bit of cash for him and Cisse and rebuild the squad from there.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 17 Mar 2010 22:42

Ian, you can tell that from listening on the radio? Promise you I'm not much a fan of his. But thought the stage was set for him. Oppo down to 10 .. best way of taking advantage is to get the ball and play through them. Sure he can't tackle, his decision making is not the best ... but he can make a pass on occasions.

yappy

by yappy » 17 Mar 2010 22:46

Mad Dog's Ghost Ian, you can tell that from listening on the radio? Promise you I'm not much a fan of his. But thought the stage was set for him. Oppo down to 10 .. best way of taking advantage is to get the ball and play through them. Sure he can't tackle, his decision making is not the best ... but he can make a pass on occasions.

Didn't need him as the Matt Mills long ball tactic was working a treat.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 18 Mar 2010 00:01

Let him go. Never a fan. All those passes which his teammates just didn't read :lol:

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 18 Mar 2010 00:16

LOL AP hits it on the head. I swear most of the support he gets on here can be attributed to his long surname!

Can't stand him personally, I'd be tempted to wager that anybody who saw Peterborough away would agree with me. I can't actually remember him getting an assist for a goal (although I'm sure one of his fans will remind me) or making a tackle that didn't result in a poxy foul.

What's his contract situation? The biggest irony is that we might actually get some decent cash off some second rate European outfit if he's got some contract to run.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 18 Mar 2010 00:20

His tackling was awful. Didn't he give up the penalty which gave Bolton the lead in that crucial game?

Roll up for blaming Marek for relegation.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 18 Mar 2010 00:46

still the best passer in the club, if he had a run of games we would see that

I liken this to the kebe situation , kebe trys to take people on if he gets tackled 1 in 3 thats not good enough for Reading fans despite no other player (before Jobi) every taking anybody on. An example of who Reading fans expect would be Cristiano Ronaldo

Mareks searching balls dont always come off but then there isnt any other player in our squad trying those kind of balls. An example of who Reading fans expect would be somebody like Pirlo

we cant get world class players in a championship team with no budget but ill happily take players that can give us world class moments especially when mixed in with solid work horses (most of our squad)

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 Mar 2010 01:02

He has the ability but then again has either been negated, crocked, making very costly mistakes and just not part of the team set up/plans for the future. Is it an attitude thing with Marek or simply just that he has always been seen as a peripheral player? When he used to cut the defense apart with those accurate diagonal balls which actually meet a player making the right run at the right time, he was scintilating to watch. Sadly his effectiveness and chances are, and have, been limited.

BM scouted him so he clearly saw the potential in the man. Wasn't he tracking his progress for a while before he came to us.

39 appearances, 17 as a sub and 2 goals since Jan 08.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 18 Mar 2010 05:00

royalexile He has the ability but then again has either been negated, crocked, making very costly mistakes and just not part of the team set up/plans for the future. Is it an attitude thing with Marek or simply just that he has always been seen as a peripheral player? When he used to cut the defense apart with those accurate diagonal balls which actually meet a player making the right run at the right time, he was scintilating to watch. Sadly his effectiveness and chances are, and have, been limited.

BM scouted him so he clearly saw the potential in the man. Wasn't he tracking his progress for a while before he came to us.

39 appearances, 17 as a sub and 2 goals since Jan 08.

+1

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 18 Mar 2010 08:46

He gives the ball away less than Howard and is more mobile, can't understand why he's not in the team and would guess this means he's off in the summer.

I'm a big Matejovsky fan but would rather see Davies get a chance tbf

yappy

by yappy » 18 Mar 2010 09:54

To be fair to Matejovsky, his ability to pick out an opposition player is top class. On a more serious note, maybe McDermott can bring out the best of him. Kebe and Long looked completely useless for a long time, but look a different prospect under Brian. Maybe he can work his magic again?

At the moment though, I wouldn't be that bothered if he left. Not physical enough and never really had a real positive influence on a game. Comparing him to Kebe, is completely unfair on Jimmy. Jimmy has won us matches almost single-handedly, even when not at his best. When has Marek done that?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 18 Mar 2010 10:03

It does seem to be a bit of a shame - he did come on for 15 mins recently though and not do much.

I also agree that he might have been useful v QPR - Kebe, Long and Jobi were goign to need a disguised pass - much of our play was too obvious at times. It would be nice to see him as an attacking centre midfield option as he gives us something slightly different. However, hes probably on massive wages so he won't keep him to warm the bench!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Mar 2010 10:05

Was a Marek fan, but we seem to be doing OK without him
and I'm guessing he's on good wages.

If we are rebuilding, his going might raise a half-decent fee and release wages.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 18 Mar 2010 10:17

I'll eat my hat if he's here after the summer.

Gonna be one of the higher earners, time to move him on.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 18 Mar 2010 10:31

Ian Royal is somewhere else. Sigurdsson is a way better bet.

Completely different players; one never shoots, the other shoots on sight!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Mar 2010 10:43

He has had more chances than Graeme Hick did when it came to playing for England. No loss if he goes. We seem to have a midfield which works - when they get to see the ball that is.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Mar 2010 10:45

Still think he has something special to offer us but he wont be a consistent starter for us and for that reason I would look to cash in on him in the summer

119 posts