Rasiak unhappy with number of starts

Basingstoke Royal

Rasiak unhappy with number of starts

by Basingstoke Royal » 16 Apr 2010 10:23

Not being funny Grzegorz, but you are not good enough and shouldnt expect to be in the starting lineup.

We need to move him on in the summer. He must be on pretty good wages too I would have thought. This signing was yet another mistake by Rodgers.

Cheerio Grzegorz.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2069469_rasiak_is_frustrated_by_lack_of_starts

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rasiak unhappy with number of starts

by RG30 » 16 Apr 2010 10:32

Proven scorer at this level, we would be mad to get rid of him

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Apr 2010 10:32

I disagree that he was a mistake. 9 goals isn't to be sniffed at.

I'm also of the opinion that we need a minimum of 4 decent strikers in a squad. If he leaves, we'll only have Long, Church and an injured N. Hunt. Sure, we have Bignall as well, but he's largely unproven as of now.

johnnym

by johnnym » 16 Apr 2010 10:33

Basingstoke Royal Not being funny Grzegorz, but you are not good enough and shouldnt expect to be in the starting lineup.

We need to move him on in the summer. He must be on pretty good wages too I would have thought. This signing was yet another mistake by Rodgers.

Cheerio Grzegorz.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2069469_rasiak_is_frustrated_by_lack_of_starts

Disagree...I want the players who are not regularly featuring to be chomping at the bit and wanting to get involved.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 16 Apr 2010 10:38

I suppose it depends on the clubs ambition - perhaps im being too optimistic, but if we seriously want to mount a promotion bid next season then only Long and Hunt are good enough. I would get rid of a 9 goal season striker who runs around like a headless chicken and would think about sending Church out on loan.

Teams that get promoted score lots of goals and that is what the current team lacks. If we had a striker that Kevin Phillips this season we would have made the playoffs minimum.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Apr 2010 10:50

Phillips is past it now.

Look at the stats, we've scored 56 goals so far this season and 28 of them are between Rasiak, Long and Church. Rasiak isn't even a regular, so how do you expect him to score more than 9 goals?

Having said that, we do need somebody to bang in 20 goals. Sigurdsson has come close to that.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Apr 2010 10:51

To those who can't be arsed to read the article, He isn't moaning that the manager is playing him too often.

He says he's happy here but wants to play more games - Exactly what we want, players who are hungry to play and not because they want to take the money and sit on the bench.

I'm sure if the Evening Post asked Gem Karacan the same questions he would say he's happy here but unhappy about not starting every game.

Big deal.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Apr 2010 10:53

TBF hes scored alot, and does well in the 442- we just arent playing that much recently
i resume we will in our remaining home games though.
hes definitely good enough for this level, and gives us something different.
its good that hes itching to play

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 16 Apr 2010 11:01

Thing is, 442 doesn't make the most of our best player. The GILF is excelling in a 5 man midfield and Long seems best at playing up top.

Tough on Rasiak but there you go.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 16 Apr 2010 11:10

I don't think it was a mistake signing him. Did a fairly good job in a transition period at the start of the season and his goals undoubtedly won us points at important times in the season.

However, he is never going to be anything better than a bottom of the Championship player, and if we have any aspirations to moving up the table we should get rid and reinvest his wages/transfer fee to other parts of the squad or more importantly for his replacement.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 16 Apr 2010 11:20

SpaceCruiser Phillips is past it now.

4 goals in 15 games is not a bad return for a 36 year old playing in the premiership who never starts but comes off the bench :?

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 16 Apr 2010 11:43

Hasn't impressed, and isn't better than Long or Church. Probably on a good wage too, so you can go this summer my old mate!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 16 Apr 2010 12:12

4th choice striker with Hunt fit and we are only playing one striker.

We cant afford to have someone on his wages, not playing when we need a 1st choice right back, 1st choice left back, 1st choice centre half and maybe a back up centre half if Ivar leaves.

1st choice defenders are more important than 4th choice strikers.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Apr 2010 12:12

Messiah Probably on a good wage too,

What makes you think he's on a good wage?

Magicman

by Magicman » 16 Apr 2010 12:35

Just doesnt do enough for me, not exactly one for the future and its probably time to say thanks but goodbye, he probably wont be missed after only one season

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Apr 2010 12:36

Basingstoke Royal I suppose it depends on the clubs ambition - perhaps im being too optimistic, but if we seriously want to mount a promotion bid next season then only Long and Hunt are good enough. I would get rid of a 9 goal season striker who runs around like a headless chicken and would think about sending Church out on loan.

Teams that get promoted score lots of goals and that is what the current team lacks. If we had a striker that Kevin Phillips this season we would have made the playoffs minimum.

Why send Church out on loan? He's a young player who has had a solid first season at this level and proved he can compete. He also has a good understanding with Sig which can only be good for the team. He's had time out on loan in seasons gone by to get experience he doesn't need any more loan spells.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Apr 2010 13:00

Thank the Lord we've got Thorvaldsson. :roll: Quite why we've taken him on loan, unless it was to stop someone else signing him because he's "one for the future", I do not know.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 16 Apr 2010 13:03

Royal Lady Thank the Lord we've got Thorvaldsson. :roll: Quite why we've taken him on loan, unless it was to stop someone else signing him because he's "one for the future", I do not know.

That's slightly harsh RL. His signing corresponded with our meteoric rise up the league. He wasn't responcible for it and in many ways ended up a victim of it.

Duke the Dog

by Duke the Dog » 16 Apr 2010 13:19

But Thorvaldsson doesn't even make the bench when HRK, Bignall, Henry and Church do. I don't think he'll be around after May somehow. Haven't really seen him play (about 10 mins against Liverpool) to form an opinion.

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 16 Apr 2010 13:20

Forbury Lion To those who can't be arsed to read the article, He isn't moaning that the manager is playing him too often.

You're just trying to confuse matters..