Back from the game - Peterborough (H)

105 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Back from the game - Peterborough (H)

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Apr 2010 18:04

Absolute walloping, can't remember a more dominant performance in a long time. The wingers were fantastic and even pearce was a rock at the back. What an enjoyable spectacle and top marks to BMD for installing that sort of mentality into the team.

Felt sorry for peterboro's fans, woeful side and they didn't even hang around to clap their fans at the end. Good luck to them next season.

Lastly, good atmosphere too - loved the new chants and fun had by all.

Stewards, fvck off.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game..

by Ferris » 17 Apr 2010 18:06

Let's all do a Zurab...

Let's all do a Millsy...

Quality

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 17 Apr 2010 18:07

Wort side to have ever visited the mad stad! IMHO

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Apr 2010 18:08

What's that? Another clean sheet with Pearce in the side? He's awful isn't he... :roll:

:lol:

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 17 Apr 2010 18:08

Drew_3 Wort side to have ever visited the mad stad! IMHO

Us when we played Bristol Rovers

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Apr 2010 18:09

I'm gonna be controversial and say Burton Albion are the worst ever.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 17 Apr 2010 18:10

i was actually disappointed we didn`t score more..it could easily have been double figures.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 17 Apr 2010 18:11

parky
Drew_3 Wort side to have ever visited the mad stad! IMHO

Us when we played Bristol Rovers

We certainly didn't travel well then!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 Apr 2010 18:12

FiNeRaIn
Stewards, fvck off.

indeed i was in the brown hoodie got chucked out in the last min of the game had my season ticket taken off me im now facing a ban everyone in y24 y23 keep the standing going its improving the atmosphere no end

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Apr 2010 18:16

Improvisation, improvisation, oi,oi,oi.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 17 Apr 2010 18:18

Fantastic game really enjoyed that today. Could have easily been 9 or 10. 1 more home game left of the season. This season feels like its finishing too early. :(

Oh, and as I said on another thread, the cheering in the hotel when Man United scored was an embarrassment.. :roll:

Boyle the Royal

by Boyle the Royal » 17 Apr 2010 18:22

Another really good performance even if it was against the worst team in the league by a mile. Kebe once again showed why he can be the most frustrating player in the world. One minute he's beating his man and putting in a decent ball, the next he's tripping over his own legs with no pressure on him whatsoever. Was also very impressed with Tabb and Howard who controlled the midfield superbly. Tabb gets my MOTM.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 17 Apr 2010 18:27

royalexile Improvisation, improvisation, oi,oi,oi.

Piss off

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Apr 2010 18:33

Loved the Tabb chant. He's here ,he's there.....

I dozed off at points in the second half. Simply because coming off nights, no sleep, beer, a long walk and the sun all combined.
The stewards were once again needlessly ott, Moving between the rows to get people to sit down. I think the teamregistered at least a shot on target a minute for the first 15 minutes and didn't ease off thankfully. That was all about goal difference and a real pleasure to see on such a fine day.
A good day out for Premaddict :lol:

McAnuff's goal was well taken cutting inside and for once ~Fedders didn't have to face that kind of shot. Very similar to a few that have beaten him.

There was good crowd and player interaction and lol at Zurabs fist pumping. A healthy day of football for Reading.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Apr 2010 18:33

BenReadingFC
royalexile Improvisation, improvisation, oi,oi,oi.

Piss off

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Apr 2010 18:54

The banter with our loanees was top notch, I really hope that goes some way to showing the club and the players how much we want and NEED them here next season. Even if we can get ryan on loan for next season i'd be delighted as I think he is the least likely to join permanently.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Apr 2010 19:00

FiNeRaIn Stewards, fvck off.

Discuss that subject here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91176&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=180

Excellent tempo, didn't drop from first minute til last. Congrats and kudos to the players and management for your continued excellent efforts with such little at stake now.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Apr 2010 19:06

floyd__streete
FiNeRaIn Stewards, fvck off.

Discuss that subject here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91176&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=180

Comments added and for those that feel strongly about it then I would urge you to post and add yours too.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 17 Apr 2010 19:11

What a lovely day it has been.

6-0 flattered a frankly awful Peterborough side, it's going to take Gary Johnson a while to get the returns he was hired to bring. Managed to call Barry Fry a fat oxf*rd on his was into the Stadium today which I'm very happy with.

On another day it could easily have been 10, Kebe could have had 4, Long should have scored a second instead producing the miss of the season out of any league, Sig was amazing, Tabb was everywhere, Howard had a solid and busy game, and the back four were simply rock-solid. As for McAnuff, well, looked like he couldn't be bothered at times on Tuesday night, but today he was amazing, really deserved his goal. One of the best things about todays game was seeing all the players come off the pitch with beaming smiles to a man,

My ratings:

Feds 6, didn't have huge amount to do, seeing as they only had 2 shots, both of which were off-target.

Griffin 8, great trickery and running for the cross in for the 6th, even though Long missed the initial chance. McDermott should pull all the strings he can to keep him.
Zurab 8, very solid, a couple of runs past the half-way line, seemed to have pulled something when he went off.
Pearce 8, uber solid as well, scored (though I wasn't looking when he did) to get the ball rolling, and if he can perform like this every game then Kish doesn't really need to stay.
Berty 8, wonderful overlapping with both McAnuff in the first and Kebe in the second half, such pace. Please please sign him up!

Kebe 8, on another day it would have been 9, should have scored when 1 on 1 with the keeper in the first half, scored a really good goal, plenty of running, headers and the scourge of both full-backs in either half. The second offside goal certainly wasn't offside, but there were chances in the second half where he could and should have scored.
Tabb 9, another quality performance, we now see why Coppell signed him, he is such a worker and will put in 100% every game! Bet he was disappointed to come off.
Gylfi 9, very unlucky to be booked for what looked like a stonewall penalty 5 mins before he easily scored from the spot. A fantastic ball from him to set McAnuff up for his goal. Scored a second when Long should have scored, another wonderful all-round performance.
Howard 9, see Tabb. Another Captain's performance, and I'm very happy to keep him in as captain.
McAnuff 10, my MOTM though I could have given it anyone of the midfield 5 to be honest, full of running, seemed really up for it today. Cut in and stayed out wide to really good effect today, and scored a peach of a goal from the top of the box.

Long 8, Scored a really good goal, showing great pace to get to the ball and slot it past Lewis, should have had two when he hit the bar, won lots and lots of headers against the defenders. If only he had been on the end of that Church chance against West Brom he'd have scored!

Subs:

Gunner 7, did all that was asked of him considering the way he went off on Tuesday night, solid also.
Karacan 8, what great energy and running this boy has, was everywhere when he came on.
Henry 5, I'm sorry, he's rubbish, wouldn't mind seeing him leave, personally I think HRK is a much better prospect.

As for the potential of getting Mackail-Smith, no thanks.
Last edited by Kitson12 on 18 Apr 2010 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 17 Apr 2010 19:11

Ian Royal What's that? Another clean sheet with Pearce in the side? He's awful isn't he... :roll:

:P

SLAMMED Oh, and as I said on another thread, the cheering in the hotel when Man United scored was an embarrassment.. :roll:

Surely only because we don't want Chelsea to win the league?!

105 posts