Who should we sign?.

171 posts
CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Who should we sign?.

by CholseyRoyal » 24 Apr 2010 20:59

My concern is that next season we lose the £11M parachute payment. If that has to be funded from selling players and reducing the wage bill again I can easily see us losing all the loanees plus The Sig, Kebe and one or two others. I foresee us running a very small squad and struggling to stay mid-table. I hope I am proved wrong but seeing as funds have always been short I feel we shall be relying heavily on Academy players. Cutting the cloth isn't finished!

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 25 Apr 2010 17:11

CholseyRoyal My concern is that next season we lose the £11M parachute payment. If that has to be funded from selling players and reducing the wage bill again I can easily see us losing all the loanees plus The Sig, Kebe and one or two others. I foresee us running a very small squad and struggling to stay mid-table. I hope I am proved wrong but seeing as funds have always been short I feel we shall be relying heavily on Academy players. Cutting the cloth isn't finished!

we did our cloth cutting last summer so we wouldn't have to do it this summer
some of you people need to get this into your heads

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 25 Apr 2010 19:15

Samrfc01
CholseyRoyal My concern is that next season we lose the £11M parachute payment. If that has to be funded from selling players and reducing the wage bill again I can easily see us losing all the loanees plus The Sig, Kebe and one or two others. I foresee us running a very small squad and struggling to stay mid-table. I hope I am proved wrong but seeing as funds have always been short I feel we shall be relying heavily on Academy players. Cutting the cloth isn't finished!

I remember that too but I was beginning to think i'd dreamt it!!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Apr 2010 19:37

personally i see us being able to make enough money to buy just from shifting dead wood in the summer.
i forsee about as much money as was spent this year being available again after that
buit then im eternally optimistic

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Apr 2010 21:33

I am sure if we had to make large cuts to budgets for next season the season ticket prices wouldn't have fallen.

JoebyRFC

by JoebyRFC » 28 Apr 2010 18:16

Might be at bit pricey but Craig Dawson from Rochdale is looking a really bright prospect, got league 2 player of the year as he scored 10goals from defence and is only 19! worth a go?

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 29 Apr 2010 14:27

If we were to fail to get Griffin then I would like us to move for Natheniel Clyne from Palace. Wouldn't be to expensive as long as they dont get a new owner anytime soon and can play rb and lb. Was impressed with what I have seen of him this season.

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 29 Apr 2010 14:47

surely this post should be re named to who should we keep?...

specialjon

by specialjon » 29 Apr 2010 14:54

From the OS:

Asked if he (McD) could keep the three players here for longer he said, "We'd like to but Andy has two years on his contract at Stoke and Zurab has another year at Blackburn.

"In terms of Ryan, my gut feel is that he will go back to Chelsea and try to get in their side next season."

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 29 Apr 2010 16:37

He the lad who's on loan at Exeter? Always like Moxey too, doesn't seem to fit into his plans either.

Gonna need to pull a few out of Hammomd's magic hat it seems.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 29 Apr 2010 23:13

Has Moritz Volz actually signed a contract with QPR?

He could be worth a cheeky punt.

Spud Gun
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ...

by Spud Gun » 30 Apr 2010 10:06

specialjon From the OS:

Asked if he (McD) could keep the three players here for longer he said, "We'd like to but Andy has two years on his contract at Stoke and Zurab has another year at Blackburn.

"In terms of Ryan, my gut feel is that he will go back to Chelsea and try to get in their side next season."

Might have a chance of getting Griffin ...

http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/foo ... reading_fc

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 30 Apr 2010 10:15

oxf*rd yeh!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Apr 2010 10:32

If we are unable to persuade Griffin to move down south then David Wright should definitely be looked at. Out of contract this summer, reliable right back very much in the Griffin mold.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 30 Apr 2010 13:57

Samrfc01

Sauce? :wink:

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 03 May 2010 10:27

Steve Finnan would do me nicely, but he might be a bit on the expensive side despite saying he would be happy to play for Pompey in the Championship next season

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 03 May 2010 18:52

Ideal
Southbank Old Boy Steve Finnan would do me nicely, but he might be a bit on the expensive side despite saying he would be happy to play for Pompey in the Championship next season

Of course he is happy to, nobody else is going to match those stupid wages he is on. And football debts have to be paid in full.

It is the similar to the loyalty to Hull that was promised by Jimmy Bullard earlier in the year: he will be quite happily to stay with them in the Championship (and keep his mammoth pay-packet).

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 May 2010 19:11

tudgay from wednesday

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 03 May 2010 20:34

Ideal
Southbank Old Boy Steve Finnan would do me nicely, but he might be a bit on the expensive side despite saying he would be happy to play for Pompey in the Championship next season

Of course he is happy to, nobody else is going to match those stupid wages he is on. And football debts have to be paid in full.

As he will be out of contract in a few weeks time that debt to be paid in full will be 0 then!!! :roll:

We still might not be able to afford him though but sounds like he would be realistic on wages if happy to step down a league

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 03 May 2010 20:42

Griff won't be coming, everything about his exit on Sunday (hug from Maccy, the very fact he was subbed) points to him not staying

171 posts