Jake Taylor

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Jake Taylor

by rhroyal » 05 May 2010 12:49

Forgive me for knowing so little, but how good is this guy people keep referencing? I saw that he was on the bench on Sunday. I remember hype about the likes of James Henry and Simon Cox a few years ago. How good is Jake Taylor meant to be? The future? Surely Bignall should be on his way out if Taylor has moved ahead of him in the pecking order. Our academy is actually looking pretty good with talk of McCarthy, this man and Bell-Baggie not to mention the impact of graduates this season. Looks like the investment is beginning to yield returns.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: Jake Taylor

by Row Z Royal » 05 May 2010 12:59

Sorry, don't know. Can't help you.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 05 May 2010 13:23

Gotta be honest and admit that I said out loud "Who??" when I saw his name on the team sheet.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 05 May 2010 13:27

Played with him 8) obv

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 05 May 2010 13:38

rfcjoe Played with him

Homo?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 May 2010 13:56

rhroyal Forgive me for knowing so little, but how good is this guy people keep referencing? I saw that he was on the bench on Sunday. I remember hype about the likes of James Henry and Simon Cox a few years ago. How good is Jake Taylor meant to be? The future? Surely Bignall should be on his way out if Taylor has moved ahead of him in the pecking order. Our academy is actually looking pretty good with talk of McCarthy, this man and Bell-Baggie not to mention the impact of graduates this season. Looks like the investment is beginning to yield returns.

How has Taylor moved ahead of Bignall when both were unused subs on Sunday?

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 05 May 2010 14:01

heard one or two promising things about him and the reports look good. scored a good few goals in reserves and academy, good passer of the ball etc etc.. looks like a good prospect.

..but then we said the same about cox and henry who until released didnt really seem to impress much.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 05 May 2010 15:15

Taylor played for Wales u21 last season (possibly before he'd even played for our reserves, he'd certainly not played many games for them if any). Debate to be had as to whether this says more about Wales than us of course !
I would say there are high hopes for him but there is a big jump from being a promising 18 year old to making it at the highest level and I'd hope he gets a season long loan somewhere next season and follows the well trodden route of building up some experience at a lower level.

North Eaat royal
Location: Part of that defence that didn't turn up after 2.45 on Sunday

by North Eaat royal » 05 May 2010 16:37

he's good on footy manager

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 05 May 2010 16:47

We had some banter with him in the car park a few months back with that bel baggie dude, bel baggie was sitting in his car singing a song with his windows open and everyone around was in hysterics, taylor was face palming and taking the piss. Those two seem good mates and decent lads, hope they come through.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 05 May 2010 17:39

Stranded
rhroyal Forgive me for knowing so little, but how good is this guy people keep referencing? I saw that he was on the bench on Sunday. I remember hype about the likes of James Henry and Simon Cox a few years ago. How good is Jake Taylor meant to be? The future? Surely Bignall should be on his way out if Taylor has moved ahead of him in the pecking order. Our academy is actually looking pretty good with talk of McCarthy, this man and Bell-Baggie not to mention the impact of graduates this season. Looks like the investment is beginning to yield returns.

How has Taylor moved ahead of Bignall when both were unused subs on Sunday?

Not to mention they play in different positions

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1