New Song for when Swansea Come to Town

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: New Song for when Swansea Come to Town

by sandman » 19 Jul 2010 10:11

Holding Out Hope Sad thing is, most of the above posts are people being serious. Brendan Rodgers is a good manager, i'm probably in the minority but i wanted him to stay, don't think there was any danger of us going down. Things just never worked out for him unfortunately. For people to slate him just reminds me how pathetic some of our support really is.

He is clearly a good coach. However, he is yet to prove that he's a good manager.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Jul 2010 10:21

Terminal Boardom He's full of shit
He's full of shit
He's full of
Brendon's full of shit.... ad infinitum

I'll get my coat

LOLZ!!111!!!111

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Jul 2010 10:26

ill be giving him some applause tbf. only ever wanted us to do well.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 Jul 2010 11:46

Really can't see reason for giving him abuse - did his best but just failed. Very different from someone like Pardew .... Furthermore, I think giving him abuse would be particularly bad given that he clearly loves the club. But I'm sure there'll be enough idiots who won't see it that way.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Jul 2010 11:53

Royalwaster Really can't see reason for giving him abuse - did his best but just failed. Very different from someone like Pardew .... Furthermore, I think giving him abuse would be particularly bad given that he clearly loves the club. But I'm sure there'll be enough idiots who won't see it that way.

Spot on, although I think this is obvious.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 19 Jul 2010 11:59

phil in cornwall I'll help you on with it.

And here's your hat.

Get your hat and your coat, stop your boasting,
Your a pratt, with Jose gloats, don't stay.
When you're sacked, then your team will start winning,
But with your world class model no way

JOSE's RENT BOY,
JOSE's RENT BOY,
JOSE's RENT BOY,
is full of shit,
JOSE's RENT BOY,
JOSE's RENT BOY,
JOSE's RENT BOY is full of shit.

Yeah its a shame when people abuse a man who truly has this club in his heart. However I think all arrogant people deserve to be brought down a peg or too. That said I totally agree with the above posts- he was an inspired manager who got us playing great football. It was early days when he went and we'll only be able to judge what might have been at Swansea...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jul 2010 12:29

Well he obviously no longer likes the club as much given he's now Swansea's biggest fan.

Personally I'd be perfectly happy to applaud and respect him, if he hadn't have been so full of shit and made us underperform so badly for so long because he couldn't bare to accept his methods weren't working.

He clearly hasn't learnt from his mistakes and I find him a genuinely dislikable person so if I'm at the game I will happily join in with any chants before the game. And maybe at appropriate points during the game. Although I agree there is no reason to be obssessive and give him stick all the way through.

JoebyRFC

by JoebyRFC » 19 Jul 2010 12:51

He will do better at Swansea, as he came into Reading when we were losing our better players and had to start from scratch with youngsters. But with Swansea he already has a bit of an established team.

That being said I still oxf*rd hate him.

under the tin

by under the tin » 19 Jul 2010 13:31

Seems to me that some want to spend their whole life looking backwards.
There are still anti McGhee and Pardew factions around today.
I got the hump with MM's famous "300 blokes under the roof" comments, and was stood in the south bank bellowing out our own particular version of daydream believer when he was parading Gilkesy in front of us in a Wolves shirt, like a trophy.
I kind of made my peace with him when he came back for Gilkesy's testimonial. He didn't have to give his time up to come down.
The football at times under the McGhee/Lee era was at times sublime, and Pardew also played a significant part in pushing our club higher in the quality league.
Bullivant didn't work out, nor did Rodgers. These things happen, and because things turned out the way they did does not give any of us licence to give abuse. They lost their jobs, isn't that enough?
I've never met anyone who is 100 per cent successful in their work 100 per cent of the time.
I will neither boo nor cheer Brenda. He's an ex manager. End of. For the record, though, I will stand and applaud Mr.Coppell as he walks to his seat.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 19 Jul 2010 13:51

Royalwaster I think giving him abuse would be particularly bad given that he clearly loves the club. But I'm sure there'll be enough idiots who won't see it that way.

+1

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jul 2010 13:57

Ryn
RoyalBlue
And if the Swansea Board give him their full backing, I think people will start to realise that maybe the manager was the sole cause of the problem.

Corrected for you

Not able to speak in your own right then?!

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 19 Jul 2010 14:18

Irvinchangeyaname
Royalwaster I think giving him abuse would be particularly bad given that he clearly loves the club. But I'm sure there'll be enough idiots who won't see it that way.

+1

It would be rather tear jerking to see 18,000 give him a standing ovation

Imagine the interview on BBCRB after the game -

"The Reading fans could see what we were trying to do, they appreciated it, they are world class. I think that the way Reading finished last season showed I built a good side. I think its obvious everyone was upset I wasn't given more time but we move on. I understand the Swansea fan's current frustration but I tought ten nil was harsh on our boys. If they look at the Reading fans' applause for me you can see I am seen as a special coach. We are a good side and will move up the table. We played good football at times, though I can understand, Tim, that you are not a Swansea fan so proabbaly didn't see that. Several of our lads were World Class today. Cummings, Rasiak had a point to prove and I think they did that. We lost to a fantastic side. Brian has a hard task to follow me but I left him a world class team. "

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 19 Jul 2010 14:32

Who gives a shit who Swansea's manager is next season?!

As already mentioned on here, BR clearly has a lot of love for the club & town - i bet he's gutted about his time here last season.

Still, I'm sure there'll be plenty of fcukwits booing him :roll:

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 19 Jul 2010 15:25

RoyalBlue And if the Swansea Board give him their full backing, I think people will start to realise that maybe the manager wasn't the sole cause of the problem.

The only thing that changed when McD took over was the manager and coaching staff. The difference in results between BR and McD was almost touchable. As many people on here have said, it was the difference between going to watch Reading out of habit, and actually wanting to see Reading play.

BR used to live in the same road as my daughter and I met him a couple of times. He was a thoroughly likeable bloke and I so wanted him to do well. Unfortunately he didn't and he was sacked at the right time (if not a little late).

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 19 Jul 2010 17:06

Royalwaster Really can't see reason for giving him abuse - did his best but just failed.

But he didn't just fail though did he? He kept on peddling shit at the likes of me and thee after every sh*t performance saying that it was actually an excellent performance (Brendan, we've just lost another game after taking the lead). On top of that the bloke peddled more shit about being Jose's mate, about world class models, about loads and loads of absolute tosh that he seriously believed made him great. Results proved otherwise...

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 19 Jul 2010 19:56

You've always been shit,
You've always been shiiiiiit.
Brendan Rodgers,
You've always been shit.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 19 Jul 2010 20:15

SLAMMED You've always been shit,
You've always been shiiiiiit.
Brendan Rodgers,
You've always been shit.

:roll:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 19 Jul 2010 23:34

:|

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 20 Jul 2010 02:04

FiNeRaIn Grow up you puny brained fools.

What is Reading fans obsession with giving former players and managers abuse? You think he deliberately tried to do shit? He wasn't upto the job, did not ruin the bank or wage budget, we went our separate ways...get over it, move on.

Cos it's fun. I can't wait till that oxf*rd Coppell comes back.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 20 Jul 2010 09:46

Allyh84
FiNeRaIn Grow up you puny brained fools.

What is Reading fans obsession with giving former players and managers abuse? You think he deliberately tried to do shit? He wasn't upto the job, did not ruin the bank or wage budget, we went our separate ways...get over it, move on.

Cos it's fun. I can't wait till that oxf*rd Coppell comes back.

Now he deserves all the booing he'll get - almost ruined us financially by taking us up to the Prem!