Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Pompey Game in doubt ?

by Gunny Fishcake » 31 Jul 2010 13:12

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pompey Game in doubt ?

by facaldaqui » 31 Jul 2010 14:04

I'd be surprised. If they can't get the game on because of something like that, then they aren't viable as a club.

It would be annoying for us to miss out on possible points early in the season; but, on the other hand, I expect Portsmouth to be in better shape at the start of the season than later on, when their problems will start to overhwelm the manager and deteriorate the team. Second game of the season is not the ideal time to be meeting them, in my opinion.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 31 Jul 2010 14:24

They would just ask for the game to be switched to the Mad Stad....

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 31 Jul 2010 15:10

Turns8 They would just ask for the game to be switched to the Mad Stad....

Surely it's got to be too late to request that now. It's only two weeks away. And I want to go on holiday!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 31 Jul 2010 15:39

You really can't make up this sort of stuff.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 31 Jul 2010 20:01

A temporary agreement was reached on Friday for Portsmouth to use the land as a free car park for Saturday's testimonial match for Linvoy Primus against Fulham,

... I was quite put out when I first read this bit - how come former 'leg' Linvoy has his testimonial vs The Cottagers and not us? :evil:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 31 Jul 2010 20:35

Four Of Clubs
A temporary agreement was reached on Friday for Portsmouth to use the land as a free car park for Saturday's testimonial match for Linvoy Primus against Fulham,

... I was quite put out when I first read this bit - how come former 'leg' Linvoy has his testimonial vs The Cottagers and not us? :evil:

Because teams don't play pre-season friendlies against teams in the same league as them?

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 31 Jul 2010 20:57

C'mon postpone it until I come back from my holidays. you know you want to.
Anytime after Aug 23 will be fine.

Gutted the game is whilst I am away!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 31 Jul 2010 21:05

Row Z Royal
Four Of Clubs

Because teams don't play pre-season friendlies against teams in the same league as them?

:oops:

Obvious really - shame though....then again maybe not many of our current crop of ardent followers can remember far back enough to Linvoy in his pomp.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 01 Aug 2010 19:20

Also there's a Pompey court case on Tuesday. Could this game be put under more doubt and also I hope, if it is postponed that the league punish Portsmouth further.

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 01 Aug 2010 21:11

aparently thery was a link on the star twitter feed aboout this as well sound like reading the report it could be something to do with health and safety and they guy not wanting any litigation at his feet if any thing happens

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 02 Aug 2010 13:52

Row Z Royal
Four Of Clubs

Probably pay-back for the 0-1 that sent us down :evil:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Aug 2010 13:59

Might not be a bad thing to have it delayed a few months, I think Reading will lose there if the games before the transfer deadline.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 02 Aug 2010 14:05

I appear to be the only one seriously pissed off with this. They've taken my money and I expect them to now put the game on. They have a pitch that's playable and a ground that's safe. The only thing that's stopping this game being played is money. Sort it out Pompey - pay what's being asked and then argue it out in court at a later date :twisted:

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 02 Aug 2010 15:13

Irvinchangeyaname I appear to be the only one seriously pissed off with this. They've taken my money and I expect them to now put the game on. They have a pitch that's playable and a ground that's safe. The only thing that's stopping this game being played is money. Sort it out Pompey - pay what's being asked and then argue it out in court at a later date :twisted:

If they call it off you can add yourself to the list of creditors and turn up at meetings! You might even get the casting vote to reject the CVA and get Pompey docked the crucial points which get the royals promoted...

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 02 Aug 2010 15:27

Already booked the train tickets so will be seriously pissed off if this gets cancelled.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 Aug 2010 15:29

If its called off cos they wont pay, then we should get the 3 points

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 02 Aug 2010 20:19

I cannot believe people are stupid enough to buy tickets for this game with all their off field shenanigans!
Its blatantly obvious that they may not have a club, let alone a team come the 14th of August.
As it happens I cannot go because I am on holiday, however if I could, I probably wouldn't bother paying until the day of the game.
A bit of me actually hopes their "Tin Pot" club does go to the wall this week. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

themadstad

by themadstad » 02 Aug 2010 20:22

The game WILL go ahead. The game being called of is paper speculation.

Also, they will have their CVA accepted and will avoid the further points deduction. The court already agreed to the CVA didn't they? However, HMRC are challenging that for the full amount they are owed. I can't see them getting the full amount back so the court will stand by their decision and this will allow Portsmouth to leave administration.

So we should concentrate on our own performances if we want to go for a promotion challenge. Better still maybe not selling Kebe or McAnuff will aid us a bit...!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 Aug 2010 21:00

Err.. not quite.

HMRC are claiming that portsmouth owe them more than portsmouth say they do, if they win that case that would make them the primary creditor and able to block the CVA.