STAR analysis on 2021/22 season accounts

by 3points » 22 Mar 2023 22:44

This year’s analysis on the STAR website

https://star-reading.org/wp-content/upl ... counts.pdf

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: STAR analysis on 2021/22 season accounts

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Mar 2023 10:47

Nice little read overall to get a clear picture of where we are at.

Interesting points on Stoke, saying that they can't just waiver £120m of debt into equity when it comes to P&S regulations, and that turning debt into equity has no benefit to the profit & loss accounts. I wonder what that will mean for them.

Losing £23.5m on day-to-day operations isn't good though either from a cash flow perspective (just over £450k a week).

Still a lot of money owed to Mr Dai from the club, but if he's wanting to build a success like he says, then he should be willing to swallow these costs as well. Hopefully once that's cleared we can start moving forward again.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Mar 2023 16:49

YorkshireRoyal99 Nice little read overall to get a clear picture of where we are at.

Interesting points on Stoke, saying that they can't just waiver £120m of debt into equity when it comes to P&S regulations, and that turning debt into equity has no benefit to the profit & loss accounts. I wonder what that will mean for them.

Losing £23.5m on day-to-day operations isn't good though either from a cash flow perspective (just over £450k a week).

Still a lot of money owed to Mr Dai from the club, but if he's wanting to build a success like he says, then he should be willing to swallow these costs as well. Hopefully once that's cleared we can start moving forward again.

If that were true about Stoke, and I was under the impression it was, shouldn't the EFL be on their case as well?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Mar 2023 16:52

tidus_mi2
YorkshireRoyal99 Nice little read overall to get a clear picture of where we are at.

If that were true about Stoke, and I was under the impression it was, shouldn't the EFL be on their case as well?

Yes, you'd think so, unless they hadn't broken regulations in the first place. It does seem a bit strange that you could just do that though, otherwise surely you'd think every owner with the capacity to do so would just do it.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 26 Mar 2023 21:35

YorkshireRoyal99
tidus_mi2

Yes, you'd think so, unless they hadn't broken regulations in the first place. It does seem a bit strange that you could just do that though, otherwise surely you'd think every owner with the capacity to do so would just do it.

Or, you could instead own multiple clubs buy a player for 1.somthing million sell him to your other club for 16.somthing million then loan him back to Wa***d the next day.
Rince repeat.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Mar 2023 21:37

72 bus
YorkshireRoyal99
tidus_mi2 If that were true about Stoke, and I was under the impression it was, shouldn't the EFL be on their case as well?

Or, you could instead own multiple clubs buy a player for 1.somthing million sell him to your other club for 16.somthing million then loan him back to Wa***d the next day.
Rince repeat.

At least the EFL appear to be investigating that one, so maybe Watford will be right oxf*rd if they don't get promoted.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1