So what have STAR ever done for us?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

So what have STAR ever done for us?

by STAR Liaison » 07 Apr 2014 09:56

This kinda links to the STAR Elections thread but deserves, I think, a bit of space of its own.

If you look here via the STAR website / About STAR tab or possibly click on the link below:

http://star-reading.org/index.php/star/

- you'll see the answer to the topic question - all things that wouldn't have happened without STAR. It's not just coaches.

Do take a look, see what we've done.

You might think we could have done more. Or done differently. (Or even be impressed!). By being on the STAR Board you too can influence what happens.

It might even look good on your CV - sort of 'I came in, did that, measured its success for a 1500+ member organisation working as part of a board level team.' True, it won't make you the next governor of the Bank of England but you might be able to say to the bloke in the next seat, 'I did that.'

We are trying to make it easy and welcoming for supporters to join in. There's a new era for Reading FC around the corner (no, we don't know how far around the corner) and interesting times ahead. Get in touch - via website, pm, STAR Base, social media.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: So what have STAR ever done for us?

by Green » 09 Apr 2014 14:06

Interesting reading, thanks.

What do you attribute being able to keep the cost of membership level for 10 years (so a real terms decrease) to? Increased membership?

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 09 Apr 2014 14:20

starliaison So what have STAR ever done for us?
I was a bit worried when I saw the title and thought you were asking us!

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 09 Apr 2014 16:47

Green Interesting reading, thanks.

What do you attribute being able to keep the cost of membership level for 10 years (so a real terms decrease) to? Increased membership?

I will point out before someone else does that it was doubled in 2002! But before that it was £5 for quite a few years. I think we must have a till that only takes fivers.

It is true that membership, on average, has increased since STAR was formed which will partly be a function of the success of the football club in those years.

It's also true that we're trying to provide value for money and if you buy merchandise in the megastore you can 'rebate' some / all the cost of your membership.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1