New Elm Park Royal

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

New Elm Park Royal

by Sutekh » 16 Oct 2015 14:17

What's the STAR take on the development plans? Have you given any input to them? Also do you know what will happen to the Garden of Remembrance, will that stay somewhere within the redevelopment?

Physci

Re: New Elm Park Royal

by Physci » 16 Oct 2015 14:33

Presumably as the notes for the consultations say that a STAR rep will be attending each one this means that STAR were consulted - if so would be interesting to know what the feedback was and whether any of the matters raised were addressed .....

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 16 Oct 2015 19:18

Sutekh What's the STAR take on the development plans? Have you given any input to them? Also do you know what will happen to the Garden of Remembrance, will that stay somewhere within the redevelopment?

STAR wasn't consulted but we were shown the plans shortly before the public launch. We have asked a whole list of questions one of which is about the move of the Garden of Remembrance. As far as the Garden is concerned we will be investigating possible sites for it with the club as it needs to be accessible even if/when the stadium is expanded.

We will have a member at each of the public consultations to learn as much as we can of the plans and to gauge the public reaction to it.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 17 Oct 2015 12:02

A question I'd like STAR to get answered - this land has substantial value so will RFC be paid a fair price for it given we don't own 100% of the development company?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 18 Oct 2015 08:59

blueroyals A question I'd like STAR to get answered - this land has substantial value so will RFC be paid a fair price for it given we don't own 100% of the development company?

We'll ask.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Oct 2015 17:14

STAR Liaison
blueroyals A question I'd like STAR to get answered - this land has substantial value so will RFC be paid a fair price for it given we don't own 100% of the development company?

We'll ask.

Can you also ask so that it is on record, whether the land the actual stadium itself sits on will be sold/transferred along with the rest of the space.

I can't help thinking SJM is kicking himself for not coming up with and investing in this scheme himself instead of buying and selling on the development around the station, He effectively owned the land and could have gone ahead with the development using the cash he spend on the station buildings and then paid the club for the land when he sold the properties on either at a fair market rate or not, depending on whether he wanted to put money in or take it out..... This could have avoided the whole Anton situation, the loss on the station area development and made him a few £ in the process whilst also keeping his building company in work.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 21 Oct 2015 14:34

The land the stadium itself is on won't be part of this scheme and will not be transferred to new ownership.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Oct 2015 17:39

I guess someone should ask about disabled parking spaces, I'm sure that hasn't been overlooked.

I have concerns about privateresidents in these new properties complaining about the noise from the club, particularly with regards to midweek games. Is this something the council could advise on since they're the ones who monitor all these kind of things.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Oct 2015 22:49

Forbury Lion I have concerns about privateresidents in these new properties complaining about the noise from the club, particularly with regards to midweek games.

You must be attending Brighton matches by mistake, there's no noise at Reading matches.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Oct 2015 17:14

SCIAG
Forbury Lion I have concerns about privateresidents in these new properties complaining about the noise from the club, particularly with regards to midweek games.

You must be attending Brighton matches by mistake, there's no noise at Reading matches.
You must be sat in a PA system blackspot, that music before the game is deafening and the guy on the mike is painfully loud (although I think that's him rather than the PA system).

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1