Hall of Fame Sun 21 March 7.30pm

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Hall of Fame Sun 21 March 7.30pm

by STAR Liaison » 13 Mar 2021 14:40

It's the 2020 show at last.

STAR's Reading FC Hall of Fame 2020 was postponed almost a year ago due to the pandemic and there hasn't been a suitable opportunity to do it as a live event at the Madstad since.

So, instead, it's going to be an online event that all supporters can reach, for free, via Reading FC YouTube / Facebook channels on Sunday 21 March from 7.30pm.

We've got 25 new names to be inducted - with goal action and interviews with several of the more modern entrants. Please join us for the event.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Hall of Fame Sun 21 March 7.30pm

by Nameless » 22 Mar 2021 08:18

WAs a very good event.
Some excellent inductees, lovely interviews, unique and historic film and very well put together.
This is a great project by STAR, well done to all concerned and I recommend anyone seeking out the footage and taking a look.
Particular congratulations to Mick and Colin for well deserved places amongst the RFC legends.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 22 Mar 2021 09:26

Nameless WAs a very good event.
Some excellent inductees, lovely interviews, unique and historic film and very well put together.
This is a great project by STAR, well done to all concerned and I recommend anyone seeking out the footage and taking a look.
Particular congratulations to Mick and Colin for well deserved places amongst the RFC legends.

Brilliant and congrats to Roger Titford and everyone at STAR for putting this together. Some of the talking heads were great, especially Trevor Senior, Archie Lovell and Jamie Cureton. Kevin Dillon, James Harper, Steve Sidwell, Shane Long and Job McAnuff deserved inductees as well. Lovely to see Mick Foster in there as well and to see STAR using my photo of Mick, which I took at the last game at Elm Park in May 98.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Mar 2021 17:57

Ark Royal
Nameless WAs a very good event.

Brilliant and congrats to Roger Titford and everyone at STAR for putting this together. Some of the talking heads were great, especially Trevor Senior, Archie Lovell and Jamie Cureton. Kevin Dillon, James Harper, Steve Sidwell, Shane Long and Job McAnuff deserved inductees as well. Lovely to see Mick Foster in there as well and to see STAR using my photo of Mick, which I took at the last game at Elm Park in May 98.

Agreed, really enjoyed the “programme”. Thanks to Roger and the team for their time in putting it together and getting the interviews organised.

Would be wonderful if any future inductions could be recorded (presuming we’re all allowed out again at some point) and made available on Youtube/Facebook as it would make a great way to open it to more people unable to attend in person (esp. if more footage of the club is ever discovered).

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 09 Apr 2021 09:30

Appreciate the compliments, thanks.

By going virtual we reached a lot more people than could have attended at the Madstad and a rough reckoning suggests at least 500 saw all / nearly all the show. But it's not the same as the live event where you can mingle with the actual legends.

One solution may be to hold the next event live, if we're allowed, record it and put out either an edited version or a live stream. Tricky balance.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1