Testing Testing 1-2

Legend

by Legend » 02 May 2006 14:48

Winchester Royal Absolutely.

If you help the club financially, then maybe you should get a financial benefit.
For example, if you go to loads of home games but no aways, you should get a money off voucher for the megastore, therefore money into the club = a financial reward. Obviously you are displaying some form of loyalty to the team as well, so should still get some points.

Likewise, if you go to loads of away games, then you should be rewarded with priority for 'glamour' away days, but not nessecarily get any financial benefit because financially, you've not really helped the club.

Anybody else thinking on the same lines

Not a bad shout

Wonder if STAR are going to respond to my earlier response to their comments ? :roll:

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 02 May 2006 16:58

Legend

If you help the club financially, then maybe you should get a financial benefit.
For example, if you go to loads of home games but no aways, you should get a money off voucher for the megastore, therefore money into the club = a financial reward. Obviously you are displaying some form of loyalty to the team as well, so should still get some points.

Likewise, if you go to loads of away games, then you should be rewarded with priority for 'glamour' away days, but not nessecarily get any financial benefit because financially, you've not really helped the club.

Not a bad shout

Wonder if STAR are going to respond to my earlier response to their comments ? :roll:

It is not our loyalty scheme, it is the club's and the whole reason for starting it was to reward those who spend money at the club.

We can make representations about another scheme but I doubt very much if it will happen the way you suggest as what will the club get from it? It also will not come at no cost so you would have to design a system that will benefit the club as well as the fans - those suggested so far do not. Do we really want the club to spend money that could be seen as a luxury when we complain about the level of ST prices.

If you can come up with something let us know and we will happily put it to the club.

Legend

by Legend » 05 May 2006 08:31

starliaison
Legend

Not a bad shout

It is not our loyalty scheme, it is the club's and the whole reason for starting it was to reward those who spend money at the club.

We can make representations about another scheme but I doubt very much if it will happen the way you suggest as what will the club get from it? It also will not come at no cost so you would have to design a system that will benefit the club as well as the fans - those suggested so far do not. Do we really want the club to spend money that could be seen as a luxury when we complain about the level of ST prices.

If you can come up with something let us know and we will happily put it to the club.

How much of a system do you need to design to be able to check how many away games someone has travelled to if they're all logged on the relevant Season Ticket anyway ?

It's not rocket sicence and it's not costly.

Again, the club is thinking small time with its own interests at heart without giving a shit for its loyal fans.

I sent an e-mail to the senior ticket office girl offering to buy some loyalty points, surely i'm the most loyal of fans for willing to pay for points ?? Money in the clubs coffers for doing jack ??? She told me royalty points were not for sale, surely a contradiction ??

Andover Royal

by Andover Royal » 06 May 2006 13:37

starliason wrote

If that is the case then why did STAR / RFC award its members royalty points for handing out "Bring it On" banners

Was that campaign financially rewarding to the club ??

Legend

by Legend » 06 May 2006 13:40

Andover Royal starliason wrote

If that is the case then why did STAR / RFC award its members royalty points for handing out "Bring it On" banners

Was that campaign financially rewarding to the club ??

No, but it's 5 times more loyal than travelling to Hull / Ipswich / Burnley et al on a Tuesday night :lol:

Joke system

Legend

by Legend » 10 May 2006 19:09

Once again, no reply from STAR :roll:

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 10 May 2006 21:08

Legend Once again, no reply from STAR :roll:

The club did what they did because it was their choice. It was felt that the "Bring it On" would help motivate the playing staff as they were not aware of what had been planned. Therefore, if it did help motivate the players as Graeme has already said previously, it was a good exersise by the club as those helpers have potentially helped bring in an excess of £30 million as a direct result of their actions.

Legend

by Legend » 12 May 2006 10:43

And my point ?

Control Freak

by Control Freak » 12 May 2006 11:35

Scrappy it was a good exersise by the club as those helpers have potentially helped bring in an excess of £30 million as a direct result of their actions.
So one game out of the 46 made us win promotion?

Control Freak

by Control Freak » 12 May 2006 22:55

Exiles However I note that noone is complaining about the Royalty points that were given for handing out fliers in town for the shop, nor for the people collecting funds for the Tsunami appeal.
Perhaps people weren't aware that they were being given out for such monotomous tasks???

And surely offering an incentive to collect funds for the tsunami appeal defeats the point of voluntary charity work?

Legend

by Legend » 13 May 2006 08:00

Legend
starliaison
Legend

Not a bad shout

How much of a system do you need to design to be able to check how many away games someone has travelled to if they're all logged on the relevant Season Ticket anyway ?

Again, the club is thinking small time with its own interests at heart without giving a shit for its loyal fans.

I sent an e-mail to the senior ticket office girl offering to buy some loyalty points, surely i'm the most loyal of fans for willing to pay for points ?? Money in the clubs coffers for doing jack ??? She told me royalty points were not for sale, surely a contradiction ??

Still waiting for STAR to reply. :roll:

Average

by Average » 13 May 2006 09:54

And surely offering an incentive to collect funds for the tsunami appeal defeats the point of voluntary charity work?

I don't believe it was said up front that people would get royalty points for doing it. People volunteered because they wanted to do somethng positive.
Do people seriously think the star board members are all sitting at their computers daily checking what hob nobbers have to say?? They have a lot of other things on their plate, as anyone willing to stand for election to the board would find out

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 13 May 2006 10:13

Average

I don't believe it was said up front that people would get royalty points for doing it. People volunteered because they wanted to do somethng positive.
Do people seriously think the star board members are all sitting at their computers daily checking what hob nobbers have to say?? They have a lot of other things on their plate, as anyone willing to stand for election to the board would find out

They were offered up front.
http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 40,00.html

There was another situation like this too if I remember rightly, something about handing out leaflets in town with Murty in exchange for royalty points (although Murty was actually injured just before it so wasn't able to himself).

Control Freak

by Control Freak » 13 May 2006 11:25

Average Do people seriously think the star board members are all sitting at their computers daily checking what hob nobbers have to say??
A fair few Hobnobbers are actually STAR members so I'd assume that they care what the people of the board are saying.

Though I'd not be suprised if they didn't really care of what their members think to be honest.

Legend

by Legend » 15 May 2006 08:15

Will you stop hijacking my threads ffs ?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 15 May 2006 10:04

Control Freak
Average Do people seriously think the star board members are all sitting at their computers daily checking what hob nobbers have to say??
A fair few Hobnobbers are actually STAR members so I'd assume that they care what the people of the board are saying.

Though I'd not be suprised if they didn't really care of what their members think to be honest.

This STAR board member has very little free time at the moment as my other half has been in hospital for the last 6 weeks having had a major operation and we still do not know for hoe much longer, and on top of that I have a business to run so I am afraid my spare time (which is the time for STAR as well as relaxing and enjoying myself) is rather scarce. So sorry but life does sometimes come before football and that has nothing at all to do with 'really caring about what members think'.

Having said that I am still dealing with direct emails to info@star-reading.org but have very little time to visit here at the moment.

Legend

by Legend » 19 May 2006 10:54

Legend
Legend
starliaison
Legend

Not a bad shout

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 28 Jun 2006 12:35

With the farcical system that the club has put forward for the Feyernoord game, I thought I'd have a quick look at this thread and found this excellent point. Entirely agree with this 100%, it's not hard to inititate and will be much, much fairer.

Also find myself agreeing with Finch, things should be done, loyalty and finance should be seperated, the system at the moment is a joke. Have to find as much as I don't want to criticise STAR, they're attitude towards this is gobsmacking. I was under the impression that STAR was set up to back the fans in a day and age when clubs have all the power. Conceding that they have no power to change anything so it's not worth trying is disgraceful. If this is the case then they should change the name and their ideals to 'independent coach travel and small shop company'.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 28 Jun 2006 13:12

Legend
Legend
Legend
starliaison
Legend

Not a bad shout

What do you have to do to get a reply ?

STAR Campaigns I don't want to turn this into a full-blown discussion on this point because it will never change, and should be in Club Policies, .

I wonder if SC will justify his above comment as it's not the attitude i expect STAR to adopt. No, i don't believe it should be in club policies, this is you trying to fob me off, it should be up to STAR to take on board my comments in this thread and propose them to the club as they are the fairest way of allocating away tickets.