Fans football team (STAR involvement)

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Fans football team (STAR involvement)

by Alan Partridge » 01 Aug 2006 14:17

I'm sure you've seen and read on here that the fans football team is very much up and running now. Myself and Will (from the midland royals) have restarted the team and with success, with the help of everyone that played last season, we'd like to make more of a go of it next season. Last year we played a couple of games and also a tournament where we got to the semi finals.

As of this season I have added us to the IFA (Internet Football Association) and we will be playing more games and on a regular basis next season. There are teams from all over the UK that are involved in the league and it all ends with a tournament called WorldNet up in Leeds, which involves teams from Europe as well as the UK.

It's more than just a kick about and takes a fair bit of organising so basically I'm asking if STAR would support us in this. All the teams have a full kit which as of this moment we don't have. I wouldn't really know how or who to ask about this, so I'm going to ask if STAR could help us on this? I have talked with people who run other teams and the kit has been donated by the club on most cases. Whether that is a full set of replica kit with numbers 1-15 or an old kit that Reading may have used that Ronnie Grant has lying about we wouldn't be too fussy!!! :lol:

If STAR could help us with that it would be a massive aid for us. Also a note in the newsletter, programme or anything like that would also be great in raising awareness and interest in the team.

Also as I'm not a resident of Reading where and how should we go about getting a home ground? 1 place that immediately springs to mind is the pitches up by the Holiday Inn near the Stadium. That would be an ideal place, how would I go about trying to sort that out so we could play there or anywhere else in Reading?

Also if it was best for the team to be run as part of STAR then I would have no problem in that either. STAR FC maybe? if it would help swing it in getting interest, kit, ground etc then I would be all for that.

Any ideas/ help would be fantastic.

Thanks
Ian

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fans football team (STAR involvement)

by STAR Liaison » 01 Aug 2006 15:35

Alan Partridge I'm sure you've seen and read on here that the fans football team is very much up and running now. Myself and Will (from the midland royals) have restarted the team and with success, with the help of everyone that played last season, we'd like to make more of a go of it next season. Last year we played a couple of games and also a tournament where we got to the semi finals.

As of this season I have added us to the IFA (Internet Football Association) and we will be playing more games and on a regular basis next season. There are teams from all over the UK that are involved in the league and it all ends with a tournament called WorldNet up in Leeds, which involves teams from Europe as well as the UK.

It's more than just a kick about and takes a fair bit of organising so basically I'm asking if STAR would support us in this. All the teams have a full kit which as of this moment we don't have. I wouldn't really know how or who to ask about this, so I'm going to ask if STAR could help us on this? I have talked with people who run other teams and the kit has been donated by the club on most cases. Whether that is a full set of replica kit with numbers 1-15 or an old kit that Reading may have used that Ronnie Grant has lying about we wouldn't be too fussy!!! :lol:

If STAR could help us with that it would be a massive aid for us. Also a note in the newsletter, programme or anything like that would also be great in raising awareness and interest in the team.

Also as I'm not a resident of Reading where and how should we go about getting a home ground? 1 place that immediately springs to mind is the pitches up by the Holiday Inn near the Stadium. That would be an ideal place, how would I go about trying to sort that out so we could play there or anywhere else in Reading?

Also if it was best for the team to be run as part of STAR then I would have no problem in that either. STAR FC maybe? if it would help swing it in getting interest, kit, ground etc then I would be all for that.

Thanks
Ian

Send us an email to info@star-reading.org with a few more details of what support you are looking for and we can discuss it at the next meeting which is Thursday 10 August. Or better still come along to the meeting and you can speak passionately about it .......

Keeper

by Keeper » 01 Aug 2006 15:44

Email has been sent to me starliaison, and will be forwarded shortly.

Thanks AP

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 01 Aug 2006 16:08

Dont forget we even have our own dedicated website!

http://www.bb0118.co.uk/readingfansfc

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 01 Aug 2006 16:38

bb0118 Dont forget we even have our own dedicated website!

http://www.bb0118.co.uk/readingfansfc

Was mentioned in the email!! :lol: :wink:

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fans football team (STAR involvement)

by ayjaydee » 01 Aug 2006 18:24

Alan Partridge

Thanks
Ian

The pitches you are referring to is known as Lower Whitley Rec, the other near pitches are at South Reading Leisure Centre (Rabsons to us older members). You need to contact Reading Borough Council to discuss/book - they also look after all the other council pitches e.g. Kingsmeadow, Christchurch Meadow, Palmer Park, Cintra.

PS If you send a pm to Archies Left Foot I'm sure he can give you some useful pointers as he looked after the last incarnation of the Internet Royals.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Aug 2006 18:52

Why not consider Coley Park? Reading used to play there once upon a time, it is rumoured that the steps (still there) are original from those days..........however, maybe the changing rooms are too :wink:

Many a Saturday/Sunday, there is a spare pitch or two.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 01 Aug 2006 21:21

Good shout Spizz, how could I miss Coley from the illustrious list of council pitches wot I have played on?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Aug 2006 21:32

Just a ref now tho mate.

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 01 Aug 2006 21:56

The 17 Bus Just a ref now tho mate.

Im a qualified Ref
Only young though

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 10 Aug 2006 15:54

Definitely can't make the meeting tonight, won't finish till 6 and then I'm going straight out again.

If either Keeper or someone from STAR could send me an email or even post on here about what was discussed that would be appreciated, thanks. 8)

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 10 Aug 2006 18:57

What about Cantley Park?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Aug 2006 19:31

Wouldn't the dome be an option?

meeky_no9

by meeky_no9 » 10 Aug 2006 21:06

Stranded Wouldn't the dome be an option?

Not full size though,

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 11 Aug 2006 00:06

Internet RoyaLOLs, the poor mans Team Burbs.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 11 Aug 2006 09:27

Alan Partridge Definitely can't make the meeting tonight, won't finish till 6 and then I'm going straight out again.

If either Keeper or someone from STAR could send me an email or even post on here about what was discussed that would be appreciated, thanks. 8)

It was agreed in principle that STAR will support the team, we now have to investigate how we can do that, so you should be hearing from Keeper or another STAR person soon AP.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 11 Aug 2006 10:00

starliaison
Alan Partridge Definitely can't make the meeting tonight, won't finish till 6 and then I'm going straight out again.

It was agreed in principle that STAR will support the team, we now have to investigate how we can do that, so you should be hearing from Keeper or another STAR person soon AP.

Fantastic, thanks ever so much from everyone. 8) :D

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1