Kit design

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Kit design

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Jul 2010 15:46

Dear STAR

Please could you push the club on setting up a consultation with member card holders on future kit designs? I know it won't stop the moans every year but at least it might help assuage some of the coomments?

It surely can't be difficult to post 3 or 4 proposed designs (or styles) on the website so member card holders can log in and rate each option from which the club would be able to deduce a preferred design or style.

As with HNA polls it presumably could be set so that each account only has one vote.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Kit design

by handbags_harris » 09 Jul 2010 22:03

Seconded.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 10 Jul 2010 02:21

got a feeling ya gonna go far with this one bro.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 29 Jul 2010 10:10

Ignored.

You got blanked by STAR.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 30 Jul 2010 13:05

Barry the bird boggler Dear STAR

Please could you push the club on setting up a consultation with member card holders on future kit designs? I know it won't stop the moans every year but at least it might help assuage some of the coomments?

It surely can't be difficult to post 3 or 4 proposed designs (or styles) on the website so member card holders can log in and rate each option from which the club would be able to deduce a preferred design or style.

As with HNA polls it presumably could be set so that each account only has one vote.

We raised this topic again for the nth time and no we will not get a chance to contribute to the process of designing the kit. It is a topic they are adamant on and there is no chance of changing their opinion.

66DD

by 66DD » 08 Aug 2010 16:13

starliaison
Barry the bird boggler Dear STAR

We raised this topic again for the nth time and no we will not get a chance to contribute to the process of designing the kit. It is a topic they are adamant on and there is no chance of changing their opinion.

But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be reminded each year that we like to see them play in blue and white hooped shirts, white shorts and white socks and that we consider that they are fleecing the fans by changing the kit design every season.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 08 Aug 2010 16:22

But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be reminded each year that we like to see them play in blue and white hooped shirts, white shorts and white socks and that we consider that they are fleecing the fans by changing the kit design every season.

Just got to LOL at that really .... if you dont like the kit then dont buy it , its not rocket science :roll:

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 08 Aug 2010 17:38

66DD
starliaison

Quite and that is why we raised it again. We now know though that as long as the Puma deal lasts (2 more years?) it will change every year as that is part of the deal.

66DD

by 66DD » 08 Aug 2010 18:21

starliaison
66DD
starliaison

Quite and that is why we raised it again. We now know though that as long as the Puma deal lasts (2 more years?) it will change every year as that is part of the deal.

I hope that STAR will take the opportunity to raise it again and again at every suitable opportunity until the club realises that contracts that allow annual kit changes are deemed unacceptable by the fans and also to keep reminding the club that a blue and white hooped shirt should be accompanied by white shorts and white socks.

66DD

by 66DD » 08 Aug 2010 18:25

Royal Monk

Just got to LOL at that really .... if you dont like the kit then dont buy it , its not rocket science :roll:

I hope, for the sake of space exploration, that you are not a rocket scientist as you seem to have failed to grasp that I have not commented on whether I actually buy a replica kit; also that you didn't split your sides while you were LOL.

buzzbee

by buzzbee » 08 Aug 2010 18:55

How would people like to have a go at designing the kit themselves, to be voted on later?
Simply save the template below and either edit it in your favourite graphics prog, or print it, colour it in and scan it back in. Then, email it to me at shirts@mail.com and I will pick my favourite 10 (Upsetting one or two along the way no doubt) and put those 10 up on here with a poll, to see what the most popular is. Who knows, the club might even consider it when they next change the kit.
Good idea?
Bad idea?

zummerset

by zummerset » 08 Aug 2010 19:40

Just have hoops - its all about hoops, blue and white - back to the seventies or earlier.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Aug 2010 23:23

You're all missing the point that there is a limited number of design "templates" that the kit manufacturer comes out with each year - choices have to be made from that, so there's not the option of starting with a completely blank sheet of paper as suggested.
Last edited by Dirk Gently on 09 Aug 2010 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 09 Aug 2010 01:14

they are fleecing the fans

They can only fleece the fans if the fans buy the kit turd brain ..... most fans buy the shirt without feeling fleeced so stop your whinging

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 26 Aug 2010 12:37

Dirk Gently You're all missing the point that there is a limited number of design "templates" that the kit manufacturer comes out with each year - choices have to be made from that, so there's not the option of starting with a completely blank sheet of paper as suggested.

Who needs PUMA? We should just set up a STAR sweatshop to make our own.

All we need is a big tent, some sewing machines, some thread, a large amount of blue material, a large amount of white material... and a large amount of illegals.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 26 Aug 2010 12:38

I should mention that this plan has yet to gain official STAR endorsement...

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1