Palace shots on target: 6

Reading possession: 49%

Palace Possession: 51%

Scunthorpe game:

Reading shots on target: 6

Scunthorpe shots on target: 4

Reading possession: 53%

Scunthorpe possession: 47%

Nigel Adkins then adds that he thinks we have the ability to 'rip teams apart' after today's game.

You honestly reckon we were worse today than Palace Dellor? Grow up, learn the basics of professional football from the guy sat next to you who actually has football experience and isn't on a fishing trip for a reaction from the manager and you'll go far, you pompous waste of space. Even before the game had begun you slagged off the team selection and Gooding had to try and shut you up - you're an embarrassment to journalism and frankly every time I hear your voice on the air I want to throw my radio at the floor. Do everyone a favour and resign you jumped up toff.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO Dellor

by Turns8 » 12 Dec 2009 23:52

I thought his post-match wind up on BR was cLOLassic...blatent fishing and BR was stupid enough to bite...fair play to Dellor...I do think he has over-reacted on many occasions so far this season...but after today I think some of his remarks were justified...

Scunny were the worst team to rock up to the Mad Stad in the last 5 seasons...it reminded me of what we used to have to put up with in days gone by when weak League 1 teams would play 11 behind the ball and just pump it over the top and hold on...playing for a point..exactly what happened today and tbf they could have got a 2nd late on...

Really BR do us all a favour and stop talking all this rubbish about formation and work in progress..you simply are out of your depth and all your tactics from your glossy tactic book are worthless with the current squad...you make things far too complicated...play a basic 4-4-2 none of this 2-1-2-3-1-1 stuff with players inter-weaving and swapping...i bet half of them glaze over when you do the team talk...

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Dec 2009 23:56

The guy's supposed to be on the local radio backing the team and giving the fans an insight into the game (which he's utterly useless at anyway as he gets it wrong every week), not winding up the management and trying to get a reaction. If I want to listen to crap like I heard this evening I'll watch Big Brother and such, Dellor should be removed from his position and Gooding given the role - at least he talks sense and is actually interesting to listen to.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Dec 2009 00:52

The BBC is meant to be objective and impartial - TD has obviously let himself get too personally involved and it's not doing him a lot of credit, IMHO.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 13 Dec 2009 01:37

Tim Dellor's been grumbling and moaning ever since Dave Kitson left. He really appears to hate his job.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Dec 2009 02:19

Sarah Star Tim Dellor's been grumbling and moaning ever since Dave Kitson left. He really appears to hate his job.

Why doesn't he resign then?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 13 Dec 2009 06:02

Rarely listen to games on BBC Berks, you dont get an idea as to what is happening on the pitch, too often rabbiting on about sandwiches and the like. Preferred the prem days when we were on 5-live, proper commentary.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 13 Dec 2009 07:45

Entertaining, although a damn stupid and pointless question even if BR did bite!

However I can see the point of his observation as although the performance was better than Palace the opposition we were up against yesterday were boody dreadful, unlike Palace, and therefore I would have expected us to look better in the first place.

We are still producing comedy defending and couldn't hit the proverbial bovine posterior with any sort of stringed musical instrument.

And relax Tim, this club has no money, therefore all we can do is hope something comes of working with the talented youngsters and occasional bargain basement buy.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 13 Dec 2009 09:50

I would like to add a LOL @ the people texting in after the interview saying that Dellor should be our manager :roll: . Some people are really thick.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 13 Dec 2009 10:52

Does anyone have transcript ortell me what happened as I haven't heard what happened????

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2009 12:23

Anyone who thinks it is acceptable for a football manager to talk to a journalist like that on the air really isn't very smart when it comes to diplomacy. If he had a problem with the question he should have addressed it off air

You need the local journalists on side.Trying to humiliate them on a live broadcast, threatening to ban them from the training ground, saying that they aren't a proper supporter of the club is pathetic and only leads you to lose the very people that help form opinions. A lot of the supporters on that phone-in agreed with Tim and for Rodgers to dismiss them as well is extremely idiotic.

Unfortunately we've gone from an imperiously classy manager to a loud mouth moron in the space of a few. Although at least we've finally seen something that Rodgers learnt from Moronho, how to behave like a tool.
Last edited by sandman on 13 Dec 2009 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

midfield diamond

by midfield diamond » 13 Dec 2009 13:11

sandman Anyone who thinks it is acceptable for a football manager to talk to a journalist like that on the air really isn't very smart when it comes to diplomacy. If he had a problem with the question he should have addressed it off air

You need the local journalists on side.Trying to humiliate them on a live Broadcast, threatening to ban them from the training ground, saying that they aren't a proper supporter of the club is pathetic and only leads you to lose the very people that help form opinions. A lot of the supporters on that phone-in agreed with Tim and for Rodgers to dismiss them as well is extremely idiotic.

Unfortunately we've gone from an imperiously classy manager to a loud mouth moron in the space of a few. Although at least we've finally seen something that Rodgers learnt from Moronho, how to behave like a tool.

Spot on.
It's about time the journalists asked some penetrating questions rather than the usual bland post match rubbish which Brenda can waffle around. He's lucky it wasn't Jeremy Paxman asking the questions.
Rodgers reaction was very unexpected, first time I really felt he'd lost his composure since he's been here and to be honest the question wasn't that direct, just a mere enquiry as to whether one performance was better than another.
I'm with Tim on this one. It's a pity it all ended too soon because I wanted to know why last years player of the season was left on the bench in favour of Cummings who hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2009 13:35

midfield diamond
Spot on.
It's about time the journalists asked some penetrating questions rather than the usual bland post match rubbish which Brenda can waffle around. He's lucky it wasn't Jeremy Paxman asking the questions.
Rodgers reaction was very unexpected, first time I really felt he'd lost his composure since he's been here and to be honest the question wasn't that direct, just a mere enquiry as to whether one performance was better than another.
I'm with Tim on this one. It's a pity it all ended too soon because I wanted to know why last years player of the season was left on the bench in favour of Cummings who hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

According to some on here Stretch wasn't fit and was only on the bench because of Berty's illness. I don't buy it personally, as i doubt even Rodgers would waste a spot on the bench just to make up the numbers and deprive himself of a fully fit option.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 13 Dec 2009 14:44

there are not many other options open to BR.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 13 Dec 2009 14:54

Royalee Palace game:

Reading shots on target: 2

Palace shots on target: 6

Reading possession: 49%

Palace Possession: 51%

Scunthorpe game:

Reading shots on target: 6

Scunthorpe shots on target: 4

Reading possession: 53%

Scunthorpe possession: 47%

Nigel Adkins then adds that he thinks we have the ability to 'rip teams apart' after today's game.

You honestly reckon we were worse today than Palace Dellor? Grow up, learn the basics of professional football from the guy sat next to you who actually has football experience and isn't on a fishing trip for a reaction from the manager and you'll go far.

That would be Mick gooding I presume. Didn't he also say he thought yesterday's game was worse than Palace?

I don't think anyone is knocking BR's right to his point of view (a view I actually agree with), just his bizarre reaction, claiming that TD can't be a Reading supporter if he believed what he did, and then having a right strop for the rest of the interview.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 13 Dec 2009 17:41

Sarah Star Tim Dellor's been grumbling and moaning ever since Dave Kitson left. He really appears to hate his job.

Quite agree, I stopped listening when I heard him say he would rather be at Newbury races than at the game he was paid to commentate on. That may be so but it is not prefessional to use it as part of his commentary. Now if I want any match commentary or post match comments it is 107 only for me.

I am not sure if BBCBerks realise how many supporters he is alienating but from the people I have talked to it seems to be quite a high percentage and some of the names used for him are extremely uncomplimentary.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Dec 2009 18:03

Rev Algenon Stickleback H I don't think anyone is knocking BR's right to his point of view (a view I actually agree with), just his bizarre reaction, claiming that TD can't be a Reading supporter if he believed what he did, and then having a right strop for the rest of the interview.

I can understand exactly what BR is saying, though.

We have a young team and the biggest problem they have by far is confidence - especially at home. If we are going to be successful then the players need to be built up and encouraged, not knocked at and sniped at - especially in such an unprofessional and non-objective way.

For someone with such a public profile to be doing it is certainly not supportive of the club - it is potentially extremely destructive.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Dec 2009 18:16

Dirk Gently
Rev Algenon Stickleback H I don't think anyone is knocking BR's right to his point of view (a view I actually agree with), just his bizarre reaction, claiming that TD can't be a Reading supporter if he believed what he did, and then having a right strop for the rest of the interview.

We have a young team and the biggest problem they have by far is confidence - especially at home. If we are going to be successful then the players need to be built up and encouraged, not knocked at and sniped at - especially in such an unprofessional and non-objective way.

For someone with such a public profile to be doing it is certainly not supportive of the club - it is potentially extremely destructive.

What he said.

I'm still at a loss as to why a jumped up cricket coach with very little knowledge who loves the sound of his own voice is in a position to present a football show though.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Dec 2009 18:26

Well, as I saw it, Dellor was as incredulous as a number of listeners that BR appeared to think we played well. Dellor, quite rightly imo, said that like many texters to the programme, he didn't think we played well, in fact not even as well as in the Palace game. As I said on the Team board, however, everyone is entitled to an opinion and BR should merely have responded with a "we'll have to agree to differ" or something, instead of lambasting him as "not a true supporter" as by doing so, he also labelled a number of Reading fans in that category.

If he can't stand the heat, the majority of which he has enforced upon himself, perhaps he should now leave the kitchen.

I've always found his interviews arrogant in the extreme, but last night was just awful. He was on the pitch taking all the plaudits after our solitary home win this year, you'd think we'd won the bloody world cup. Well, he needs to answer a few more hard hitting questions in future, in my opinion. I think it was right and proper for Dellor to ask him what he did, on behalf of a lot of fans. His response showed his immaturity as a manager.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 13 Dec 2009 18:31

Royalee
Dirk Gently

What he said.

I'm still at a loss as to why a jumped up cricket coach with very little knowledge who loves the sound of his own voice is in a position to present a football show though.

how do you feel about somebody who has never played a professional match in his life being a manager?

Besides, it's not a reporter's job to build up confidence in the team, nor to shy away from difficult questions. Rodgers could easily have asked why he thought it was worse, but decided to try and pretend he was Roy Keane instead.

If I remember correctly, he asked Rodgers if he could understand why some fans, including himself, thought it was a worse performance than Palace. He even explained afterwards why he thought that was the case. Rodgers just lost it and sounded quite ridiculous. I doubt TD was intimidated by it. I imagine him being more embarrassed.

Royalee The guy's supposed to be on the local radio backing the team

no he isn't.
not winding up the management and trying to get a reaction.

You don't think that might have been his opinion?

Dellor should be removed from his position and Gooding given the role - at least he talks sense and is actually interesting to listen to.

and agreed with Dellor that it was worse than Palace, if I remember rightly.

131 posts