FAO Dellor

131 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: FAO Dellor

by brendywendy » 04 Jan 2010 15:15

Royal Lady
brendywendy
Royal Lady I still can't fathom why he spent £2 million on Mills and would rather he sat on the bench. :|

started to play
got injured
kept out of team due to good run and consistency attempts
hell be back soon enough at this rate

He didn't play for a while at the beginning because, everyone kept saying, "he wasn't match fit". Good run my @rse.

hed spent the majority of his preseason at donny injured hadnt he?
and by good run i meant the bit where we settled down as a team, got a couple of wins and a few draws, which is infinitely better than th erest of the season

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jan 2010 15:18

having now listened, i cannot see a single thing wrong with either the question, or the answer given

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 04 Jan 2010 16:13

brendywendy having now listened, i cannot see a single thing wrong with either the question, or the answer given

Thanks, Spacey.

oiht

by oiht » 19 Feb 2010 10:39

So glad I found this post, I thought I was alone in thinking that TD is a complete cnut!

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 22 Feb 2010 15:47

oiht So glad I found this post, I thought I was alone in thinking that TD is a complete cnut!

No, there's definitely two of you.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 11 Mar 2010 19:21

Sarah Star Tim Dellor's been grumbling and moaning ever since Dave Kitson left. He really appears to hate his job.

I don't live locally and because somebody provided the radio commentary link on the team board last night I heard him commentate for the first time. He was pitiful.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Mar 2010 22:24

PEARCEY
Sarah Star Tim Dellor's been grumbling and moaning ever since Dave Kitson left. He really appears to hate his job.

I don't live locally and because somebody provided the radio commentary link on the team board last night I heard him commentate for the first time. He was pitiful.

he may be "pitiful"

but he's our "pitiful"

BBCBerks...the original and best

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 14 Mar 2010 08:57

LOL!

A Derby-supporting mate of mine said she managed to listen to the game on BBCRB on Wednesday in Derby as they hadn't blocked the streaming. She asked me if he always whitters on about nothing in particular for twenty odd minutes whilst the game is in progress. I said yes.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Mar 2010 10:09

Dellor could make the last 10 minutes of Burton v Cheltenham sound really dull. He needs to work in a library.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Mar 2010 13:09

OI! Don't Diss The Dellor. :evil:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 15 Mar 2010 13:33

Don't diss libraries either :wink:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Mar 2010 20:24

Diss off Dellor

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 18 Mar 2010 14:52

Sarah Star LOL!

A Derby-supporting mate of mine said she managed to listen to the game on BBCRB on Wednesday in Derby as they hadn't blocked the streaming. She asked me if he always whitters on about nothing in particular for twenty odd minutes whilst the game is in progress. I said yes.

^^^^^^^This +1 x millions.

Can't listen to BBCRB any more, spends too much time talking about half-time pies, the colour of Mick Gooding's socks, service stations on the M1...oooooohhhhhhh and READING HAVE SCORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complete and utter amateurish bollix from someone who believes he's got the inside vibe with listeners and thinks they want to know all of that shit.

Cock.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 18 Mar 2010 14:58

I like him and I don't mind the filler because talking too much about RFC would just make it fcuking boring.

doesn't quite have a JP/Motson-esque grasp of football geekery but he's not too bad. Gooding is very good value.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 19 Mar 2010 00:41

Dellor needs to remember that he is there to offer insight and opinion to whats going on at RFC - which is why I would excuse the episode with Rodgers, whatever was happening on the pitch -it wasn't working, and making Rodgers accountable (albeit in a cringeworthy, Paxman-esque attempt which resulted in full blown retreat).

However, when he decides to adopt the moral-arbitrator and impose his morals across the radiowaves, attempting to alienate Mills (because thats what he was doing by pontificating Mills' departure) - he needs to take a long hard look at himself because he is not only turning people off from an audience perspective, he is hindering the club. I abhor his outburst re:Mills' especially in the light that the team are currently turning are shower of shite season into one whispering of play-offs and 1/4s of the FA Cup, 7 wins out of 8 - schooling Aston Villa for 45mins, Mills' obvious desire, passion and emotion for who he plays for and how the fans see him.

Listen to Gooding a little more Dellor before you make a mountain out of a mole hill. F'koff to the Sun for sensationalised bullsh*t, Reading deserved honest, objective reporting.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Mar 2010 14:34

Tails Dellor needs to remember that he is there to offer insight and opinion to whats going on at RFC - which is why I would excuse the episode with Rodgers, whatever was happening on the pitch -it wasn't working, and making Rodgers accountable (albeit in a cringeworthy, Paxman-esque attempt which resulted in full blown retreat).

However, when he decides to adopt the moral-arbitrator and impose his morals across the radiowaves, attempting to alienate Mills (because thats what he was doing by pontificating Mills' departure) - he needs to take a long hard look at himself because he is not only turning people off from an audience perspective, he is hindering the club. I abhor his outburst re:Mills' especially in the light that the team are currently turning are shower of shite season into one whispering of play-offs and 1/4s of the FA Cup, 7 wins out of 8 - schooling Aston Villa for 45mins, Mills' obvious desire, passion and emotion for who he plays for and how the fans see him.

Listen to Gooding a little more Dellor before you make a mountain out of a mole hill. F'koff to the Sun for sensationalised bullsh*t, Reading deserved honest, objective reporting.

I really think the whole BR thing's gone to his head.

Dellor now thinks he's Jeremy Paxman.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Mar 2010 14:36

Royal With Cheese
Tails Dellor needs to remember that he is there to offer insight and opinion to whats going on at RFC - which is why I would excuse the episode with Rodgers, whatever was happening on the pitch -it wasn't working, and making Rodgers accountable (albeit in a cringeworthy, Paxman-esque attempt which resulted in full blown retreat).

I really think the whole BR thing's gone to his head.

Dellor now thinks he's Jeremy Paxman.

Yep, that's been my feelings for a while.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 19 Mar 2010 16:33

^^^ have to agree...

I used to like him...and thought he spoke alot of sense...but since BR-gate...which I'm glad he did...as it showed BR for all of his faults...Dellor now needs to back-off and stop all this moral high ground bull and talk more about the increased performance of the players and the way the results have started to come...

By making a big deal out of the mills thing the only thing dellor did was annoy MaccyD and as a result shortened the interview time...carry on like that and before long there will be no post match comment from players and staff...if it's dellor asking the questions...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Mar 2010 19:54

I certainly didn't enjoy his anti-Mills rant but overall don't have much of a problem with Dellor. Have to say I quite enjoyed the bit of commentary this week where Gooding left him speechless / giggling like a schoolkid.

Dellor: If I wasn't here, I'd be at home in bed, I am absolutely exhausted. About the only I can think of that could keep me awake is watching Reading playing a game, and I'm really enjoying this one.

Gooding: You're really tired are you?

Dellor: Yep. When I get home it's straight to bed, I need to catch up on my sleep.

Gooding: Really? What, even if Mrs Dellor welcomes you home in a provocative little see through, giving you the come on?

:shock:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Mar 2010 07:49

Tim is right that a professional player should not be giving gestures to any section of a crowd, after all if a QPR player had done it to us we'd all be demanding he's kicked out of the game etc.

However he should have left it and not been quite so pushy about it but of course you could argue he was right to do so after it seemed the majority of texters after the game were the self-righteous mob demanding that Mills be hung, drawn and quartered etc.

If he's still warbling about it today (any more than to put it into the past and move on) then he has a serious problem...

131 posts